Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I just find it hard to fathom why you're so disparaging over every fighter.

This is the only fightman I've ever really disliked, and that's because I want to like it. It's true that I had mixed feelings about IV (tending towards the negative), but I could see its many good points. And I did rate Vanilla (apart from the balancing with Sagat).

I just hope the day'll come when Capcom hold their hands up and do the series justice with VI. I played a bit of Hyper Fighting the other night and enjoyed it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Also, BAD GAME == Trump hyperbole. I mean what I say as far as my opinion goes, but I'm happy that Dave and Dubs still have fun with it.

Who's in for 30th Anniversary on PS4?
  • Me!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I haven't checked to see if it has GGPO. I'm guessing there's zero info yet, but there's hope if they follow Iron Galaxy's example.

I wish I could trade Alpha 3 for CvS2, and it might be lonely for the few of us in Hypertown. Maybe I'll play 3rd Strike properly this time. I was getting decent with Akuma at one point.

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Hi Shyam. Nice to see you. Are you rich and working stupid hours at a law firm yet?!

Rich?! I wish

Stupid hours? You know it haha

Are you playing SFV? Or perhaps once Sagat is in!
    Believe!
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    I’m retired. But the green guy will bring me back for a spell.
    Are you using Ken? @RedDave2 Cool, look forward to it. Does Speedhaak still play? Cherry Pez? That noob Tiger? <3
    I don't play anymore but I'll make a point of coming back to play you... <3
  • Escape wrote:
    Also, BAD GAME == Trump hyperbole. I mean what I say as far as my opinion goes, but I'm happy that Dave and Dubs still have fun with it.

Who's in for 30th Anniversary on PS4?

I don't mind you knocking the game or not liking it but some of the criticism is false - complaining about characters not being anti air properly when online is just not true. The last lobby I deliberately paid attention to see if I could anti air on reaction and found i could - be it dragon punch, specifix anti air normals or even alexs leg grab thing.

You have also said the game can't be played on reaction online. Again, I don't think this bears up. True some moves really lack the ability to be punished but otherwise the game plays fine.

On to happier thoughts, I'm very much looking forward to 30th anniversary street fighter fun. I'll be going switch on it. Pro pad is ready to go.

Although capcom v snk 2 would be brilliant...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    You have also said the game can't be played on reaction online. Again, I don't think this bears up.

I'm usually talking about my own connection, and I try to be clear whenever I'm not, in terms of particular animations making it harder to react than in IV and so on. I think I'm on pretty solid ground there, as several moves objectively lack keyframes. Birdie's Revenger can catch pros offline at 35f, which is maybe unprecedented in tournament games?

Skin of my teeth on those (0:50 and 1:09), and I was looking for it:

I was forced to rely on the priority of Cammy's Spike to counter the lag, making me so much easier to read and thus annoying me, and in other matches I'd give away loads of damage for twitching to mistaken cues. Revenger's airborne by the time you're able to confirm it, so if you react by anticipation it might just be a step forward or whatever.

And the famous netcode (mileage varies massively):

• Shyam39 wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Hi Shyam. Nice to see you. Are you rich and working stupid hours at a law firm yet?!
    Rich?! I wish Stupid hours? You know it haha Are you playing SFV? Or perhaps once Sagat is in!

Will try and get back into it. And yes, Sagat is a definite once he drops!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    I’m retired. But the green guy will bring me back for a spell.
    Are you using Ken? @RedDave2 Cool, look forward to it. Does Speedhaak still play? Cherry Pez? That noob Tiger? <3
    I don't play anymore but I'll make a point of coming back to play you... <3

Awesome!! :D Rocking Chun Li like oldtimes!

@Elf

I'll be ready with Blanka!

Where is Speedhaak? Need to get the old grudge match going!!
    Believe!
  • Thought I would load this up today.
    Im shit at it so not noticing the faults many do, enjoying it.

Good lord installing the Story on Steam is a fuck though.
    I thought it would just update, I didnt expect the pissing Krypton Factor.
  • The story is absolute shite I'm afraid. Not even campy funny, really the worst thing about the sfv experience.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah heard that but will give it a go.
  • You've been warned.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ha
    Now Im even more intrigued.
    Does it dish out fight money?
  • Ha
    Now Im even more intrigued.
    Does it dish out fight money?

It used to, I'm not sure since the arcade edition changed. Once you complete it you also unlock a hard mode for the story. I couldn't be bothered to go through it again. I'm not spoiling things by saying most of the, ahem, 'fights' are one round walk overs.

SFV - reddave360
  • You say that, you don't realise how shit I am.
  • You say that, you don't realise how shit I am.

The only challenge is that you have to use characters you may not be used to. Also if I remember right the fights just start which can catch you off gaurd.

SFV - reddave360
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Hi Shyam.

If we're organising a little renunion, on or off line, I'd be down. :]
    nick_md wrote:
    I mean, I don't play any fighters anymore... I borrowed DBFZ at the weekend, played it a bit, and that was enough, Wasn't for me. I didn't pretend like I didn't like fighters because they aren't what I played when I was a kid. It just ain't for me no more.

DBZ's a lot of fun to play... Tbh, time's a mofo, and I've barely played anything recently, but story mode in this is so well presented, and the game itself is so fun, that I find it hard to tear myself away once I start...

SFV was like that... For about 3 days before the wheels fell off...
    If the controls worked, and online didn't lag, I'd have stuck with the game. Rashid is the boi.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I've tried to log in on three separate days in the last week and I get a 2001d error. I can't play it online.
  • Are you on pc or ps4?
    SFV - reddave360
  • @dynamite

I'll be online from Tuesday evening but apologies in advance if I drop out- I get an error whilst playing online (happens rarely tho).

Are you playing on PC?
    Believe!
  • I've tried to log in on three separate days in the last week and I get a 2001d error. I can't play it online.
    I've been having errors too. Not sure what code they were.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Are you on pc or ps4?
    Ps4

Ah. I know when I have had connection issues on the pc, the solution is nearly always to re-allow street fighter v through the firewall. Not sure what the ps4 equivalent is.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Cheers, I'll keep trying as it would be nice to return when Blanka does.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Shyam39 wrote:
    @dynamite I'll be online from Tuesday evening but apologies in advance if I drop out- I get an error whilst playing online (happens rarely tho). Are you playing on PC?

PC. I  might be free on Tuesday, so if there's a few in a lobby, I might be up for that. :]
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    @dynamite I'll be online from Tuesday evening but apologies in advance if I drop out- I get an error whilst playing online (happens rarely tho). Are you playing on PC?

PC. I  might be free on Tuesday, so if there's a few in a lobby, I might be up for that. :]

Send me your steam id/Capcom id please!

@Nick & Tiger
    What are your psn ids please?

And anyone else interested in matches!

Believe!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ask Roujin to stream it!

I'd buy that for a dollar.
  • Sorry, busy tomorrow, trying to rectify my crippling hermitry.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!