Street Fighter V
  • @Shyam39 my bro’s about to invite you! Another Blanka main!
  • Invite me please
    Believe!
  • These are good games Shy, reminiscent of fond old times.
  • Definitely man! I'm playing Blanka too much like it's SF4

That match against Alex was great fun haha
    Believe!
  • I really enjoy using him, the strange angles at which he moves around always surprise me.
  • Cheers to you & your brother (That Zangief match Grrrr) for the matches man!

I'll get you next time! :D
    Believe!
  • Did anyone catch the Final Round Grand Finals. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. So much do that I loaded the game up the next day and played some. Wouldn’t mind getting back into it. Gonna check out Akuma. Turns out I have enough FM for him. And almost enough for another.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Caught some of it.  Sad to see Itazan go out in such a fashion to Nemo but he never seems to mind, just laughs it off and keeps churning butter and that's why I love him.  Grand finals were a good watch, what a brilliant bastard Infiltration is.  Great to see him back (thicker) on top.

I also had Thaiger Uppercut top 8 on in the background last weekend.  It wasn't as stacked as FR but the commentary made up for it.  Grand finals may interest you.

Let me know if you want some free hugs.
  • Free hugs from you?! You beast!

I was watching one of the earlier FR matches last night. Nuckledu’s Guile up against an Abigail. First time watching Abigail. Guy does some serious damage as expected once he gets in and lands a combo. You tried him?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Nah, I don't have enough enthusiasm for the game to learn another character, I do admire his bulk though.
  • Dubs wrote:
    I also had Thaiger Uppercut top 8 on in the background last weekend.  It wasn't as stacked as FR but the commentary made up for it.  Grand finals may interest you.

Just watched it, best commentary! “AK47, Gou-Hadoken, Keep firing!”

“He is focused. Like an astronaut”
  • The King is back!

Got him with FM. I almost have enough to buy G too. Fuck £25 for character pass.
  • GGs with Curtis. Sagat is awesome. 

Lag ruins things though. Even a little really frustrates me. I’m gonna see if i can sort a wired connection and if my NAT settings are ok. Non-laggy matches would make this game great.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Such a great time catching up with Som - it started with Sagat mirrors (but i knew i had to leave him to it), and in doing so i learnt more about the character than if i would've carried on endlessly. 

Lag was atrocious at first, but ironed itself out real quick. We can piss & moan about netcode but as messy as it was, there were enough tight games in-between that made the session really enjoyable. 

This game is an utter joy, under the right circumstances.
  • If you are getting connected to the netplay servers, then your NAT is fine.

NAT-2 is what the vast majority of the world will be on. Which means that you can connect, but are on a router with a private IP range, rather than connecting directly using your public IP, which is NAT 1. You do not want to set up your router to be using NAT 1.

You can check if there are any extra ports that SFV might use, and open them.
  • props to our first Evo winner
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • For Street Fighter.

Ryan Hart is a two time Evo champion for Tekken.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    props to our first Evo winner

Yeah, saw Problem X walked away with it. Remember playing him online years ago in IV.
  • Just curious that with the release of the collection how people rank all the different street fighter games? I've been amazed at how playable SF2 Hyper and Alpha 2 are. SF4 Ultras roster is possibly my favourite although while its not on the collection, the PSP roster for Alpha 3 Max was very good as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    SSF IV:AE will be a hard one to beat for me. An absolute gem of a game and at the time, the community surrounding it both here and online was amazing. I miss it dearly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm same as haak. We were playing most Fridays before or after fnf, and it's my go to in Japan
  • My heart belongs to Hakan, but the 3S parry, man. DAT PARRY.

Low key one of the best mechanics in any game ever. Making you press forward into the attack to parry was such a good risk/reward system.

I'm going to say 3S on the grounds of P A R R Y B O I S and Q and Kuroda (rip) and a side order of Urien. But USF4 is a gnats chuff away from it.

Capcom pls, fix your shit before attempting 6! No rusherino cappuccino.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    SSF IV:AE will be a hard one to beat for me. An absolute gem of a game and at the time, the community surrounding it both here and online was amazing. I miss it dearly.
    Same. I have such find memories of SF4 in all iterations (other than Ultra) and AE was the pinnacle.

Such a brilliant community game.
  • Only listing best from a sub-series:

SSIV:AE is bestest fighter
    SSF2 Turbo is my next (Hyper Fighting is great too)
    SFA3 after that

Wish I was good at or tried more of Third Strike.
  • Ah lads AE was a bit shite.

AE 2012, that was the sweet spot.
  • I assume people meant Apology Edition when they said AE, not the first version of AE.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    My heart belongs to Hakan, but the 3S parry, man. DAT PARRY. Low key one of the best mechanics in any game ever. Making you press forward into the attack to parry was such a good risk/reward system. I'm going to say 3S on the grounds of P A R R Y B O I S and Q and Kuroda (rip) and a side order of Urien. But USF4 is a gnats chuff away from it. Capcom pls, fix your shit before attempting 6! No rusherino cappuccino.

3s for me also, it was the first sf I got into after stopping playing at A2. Been playing it a lot recently thanks to the anni ed, and I'll agree with Rouj there re. parry. It may seem like a 'omg parry!' but it really is a great mechanic. I heard something recently where the dev team's philosophy was, if you know what's coming, you shouldn't have to take damage from it. I find the lack of parry in IV and V, after going back from 3s, to be very noticeable. Like you're there in block strings and you know what's coming, but can't do owt other than wait for it to end. Also wakeups, having parry in there adds so much, likewise to jump ins.

3s the daddy, then whichever version of IV floats your boat, then the Alphas, then II, then V.
  • My order would this.

Alpha 2
    Hyper Fighting
    EX Plus Alpha
    AE 2012
    ST
    3S
    SFV

I'm liking the characters they've introduced, especially in season 3, and the changes to established characters, but CC is a load of bollocks. They managed to take the worst thing in IV, Focus Attack in neutral, and make it worse.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Best Bipson!
  • I like EX on the Ps1
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!