Street Fighter V
  • hunk wrote:
    I do like the idea of fight money.
    People could set up tourneys online themselves and people racking up wins can win muchos fight money which could be used to unlock dlc stuff.
    Online lag and dropped frames are still a problem though.

I have generally found online is fine 95% of the time if you set it to 5. I've a fairly good internet connection and always used a wired connection. I'm not sure any modern game has really nailed the online thing perfectly, must be a nightmare for the dev having to deal with a game which generally relies on small frames of input.

SFV - reddave360
  • Must be my crappy WiFi then.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    I do like the idea of fight money.
    People could set up tourneys online themselves and people racking up wins can win muchos fight money which could be used to unlock dlc stuff.
    Online lag and dropped frames are still a problem though.

I have generally found online is fine 95% of the time if you set it to 5. I've a fairly good internet connection and always used a wired connection. I'm not sure any modern game has really nailed the online thing perfectly, must be a nightmare for the dev having to deal with a game which generally relies on small frames of input.

Skullgirls netcode was fucking amazing. Big up MikeZ.

I wish developers would just pay him money and get him in to help.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Is Ultra on PS4 and do many people play it? I'd go back to 4.

meeee
    The only thing about ArcSys I'd worry about is that all of their games have used Chain systems. A > B > C > D They've never designed a game around links.

they have, battle fantasia doesn't have chains off the top of my head.
  • Man, that theme so fucking good.
  • Just watched the actual intro again.

Man. That game.
  • It's the best by miles.
  • What a game it was. I pushed Fei Long pretty far on 4 and miss that level of dedication. I own 5 but just don't connect with it at all.

Harking back to Elf's comment earlier I revisited KOF XIII last week and it's a beautiful game technically and visually but due to the shag net code I never knew how good I was. I'd love an Xbone update.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • This season of the Pro Tour will be all Akuma, Kage and Rashid given the update notes. More fucking tedium. How Rashid can get away with all that brainless garbage is beyond me. I don't think this is as bad of a game as most do, the character design is a mixed bag. For every Falke, there is a G. Playing it with Curtis on occasional Fridays is still loads of fun.
  • G is a dumpster fire, why did they think anyone wanted to know that Q is a washed up Abe Lincoln cosplay lookin motherfucker!?

Edit: FTR Fang is the best of the new characters they've introduced so far imho. They did some good stuff with Birdy and Alex as well as far as returning characters getting reworked in interesting ways. Lion King Akuma not even including having the 'heaven' symbol replaced on his back with ads on, omd Capcom pls, it's like watching my gran deterioriating in the care home.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Anyone who has a walking animation where he tips his top hat to the hard camera is ok IMO
  • until you realise he's collecting

264_V0015891.jpg
  • Sassy top hat walking animation belongs to Dampierre probably, especially his back walk which was the moonwalk. The troll character gawd.
  • Been playing this recently and the lag seems to have sorted itself.
    Great game if and when the connection is ok.

Still a few caveats:
    It's way too easy to pin people down with the wake up game. Normals seem to have gained priority making links easier while specials have lost invincibility start up frames? This also makes footsies/throws way too predictable yet hard to counter.
    Great for noobs but boring for sf veterans.

Why are some v triggers so much more powerful than others? Can make or break a character.

The fight money per fight. It'll take 20 or so years to unlock everything. If the servers are still up in 20 years.
  • i like how you say its a great game then make several points illustrating why it is not a great game :)
  • Great game, just not a great streetfighter game.
    Think of it as a streeftfighter for noobies ;-)
  • it's hard for me to even admit that, there are quite a few fgs out there atm that are just miles better.
  • Seconded. SFV the worst SF ever at a time when the other franchises are all managing to improve on their previous iterations.

It's like people only play it because they like Streetfighter rather than fighting games. Which is cool, but outside of Capcom, the other devs have been putting in WORK. We're spoiled for choice right now with quality titles. SC6, T7, Xrd, DBFZ all are more fun than V. BBtag is there, fucking Smash Ultimate of all things is more fun, KoF XIV is really fun but dead online by now. Mk11 incoming and although its not my bag, they airways go ham with content and polish in their games and bring some cool guest characters, even if the mechanics are imho not that great.

• True, sf5 isn't bad it's just disappointing for a sf game.
    I dunno something feels off. The game feels a bit lacking in depth because of the simplified neutral game and wakeup mechanics. It's a shame as depth of gameplay is what makes the sf ip interesting on a competitive level and gives the games longevity. It's the reason why sf2, sf3 and sf4 are still played to this day.

Capcom wanted to lower the entry bar to the series in the hope of attracting more gamers. Not sure if it will pan out for them.

Other devs have definitely stepped up their game this gen. It's a shame Capcom has trouble keeping up gameplaywise.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    It's like people only play it because they like Streetfighter rather than fighting games.
    I think this is me but maybe replace Street Fighter with Zangief.  Tried GGRev but just did a load of combo trials, Pot's loops and then got battered online.  
    Bought DBFZ but didn't get on with it at all.  
    Even dipped into Melee out of curiosity.  The 20XX mod is amazing and the best training tool I've used in a fighting game but the accuracy and sheer inputs per second required for even basic movement is way too much for me to bother.  I do love Falcon and still occasionally watch S2J or Scar stuff and Samox's (of "The Smash Brothers" fame) new doc should be out soon.  I ain't risking hand surgery just to play it though.  Plus they're all kids with BO and that.

I think I'm just lazy, SFV caters for this as I can get away with a similar approach in most matchups at my level.  People run away from Gief, Gief tries to get in and put them in the blender, protect the skies with lariat/air SPD, if it goes wrong mash super.  Simple reversal options, a set button hierarchy etc.  The other games seem very matchup heavy thus requiring lots of research and lab work.  Guessing there because I usually say fuck it after a couple of weeks.
  • Dubs laying the real down. Fierce.
  • How old are you, Dubs?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    30.  Not sure if I qualify just yet but I feel SFV, possibly by accident, caters to the old man demographic quite well.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fucking hell no wonder you merked me at trials, young man ting over here

Always thought you were about my age
  • I'm 36.

Jesus, I'm 36.
  • Still I've got iidx, he's no taking that from me.
  • Wait...  so dubs was <=20 when SFIV was released?! Yikes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • And 13 or so when ikaruga was out. This is unreal...
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs wrote:
    30.  Not sure if I qualify just yet but I feel SFV, possibly by accident, caters to the old man demographic quite well.

i'm older than all you mans and i feel sfv caters to the lazy demographic. the old mans remember better games.

more than happy to pass on some potemkin tips!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!