Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Gt sport half price....worth it?
  • Forza 7 better according to Edge, maybe get that? Game have it at £30 I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Possibly. The driving is great and weighty but the single player mode is an absolute joke. Basically a load of license tests and a half baked arcade mode. Online which I don't have access to offers you three tracks at a time on rotation.

To me it's like GT5 prologue how they justfied a full price release I don't know but for a chalice it's at least worth it for the handling and lighting model. It's crying out for a TT competition but think there's only Bob, Birdorf and I that have it.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • The online is also really annoying so it's a no from me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, I dropped it after about 3 weeks, no voice chat in multiplayer was the final straw.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So in the end went for LiS Prequel, Lost Legacy and godhelpmebutilovetheuniverse Mass Effect Andromeda. Thanks to a canny purchase of a £40 card from CD Keys (pay by Apple Pay and get 5% off) I got all three for around £40.
  • Lost Legacy is super tempting at 20euro......
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Join Game Sharing Club.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Yeah, I dropped it after about 3 weeks, no voice chat in multiplayer was the final straw.

Is it not just everyone using party chat maybe?

Im mainly interested just for driving round the nurburgring in vr in a few diffrent cars.
  • It's less of a concern than netcode that allows people in identical cars to just pull away from
    Me on a rolling start

And an aggression rating system that allows people to punt you off since they have since time began at ten first corner and then down rank you
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Voice chat has just been left out, apparently.

I did really enjoy what little single player stuff there is, so I reckon you'd enjoy pootling in VR, although I've read that it's quite limited.
  • Cheers birdo i think thats a buy.
  • I think in VR it would be worth the £20 especially if you hammer it and sell it on.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    I think in VR it would be worth the £20 especially if you hammer it and sell it on.

Im all digital pal.
    Think iv possibly already had my moneys worth and im rather enjoying it.
    (nurburgring is locked till level 20 though)
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I still try to drop in daily to get some times up for the 3 daily races and treat it as a nice time trial with a loot drop spin at the end.
    I strangely haven't been actually racing much though but did enjoy the nice pressure of having to race properly. Drive off the track if you've overcooked a corner, treat your car as a 'real' car etc etc.
    It's not for everyone for sure but I still very much like it.

The VR is just the one on one cpu Vs event thing but the actual cars and tracks do look lovely. My nephews had a reet blast with the wheel setup.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Join Game Sharing Club.
    I shall cheggit!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • isanbard wrote:
    I still try to drop in daily to get some times up for the 3 daily races and treat it as a nice time trial with a loot drop spin at the end. I strangely haven't been actually racing much though but did enjoy the nice pressure of having to race properly. Drive off the track if you've overcooked a corner, treat your car as a 'real' car etc etc. It's not for everyone for sure but I still very much like it. The VR is just the one on one cpu Vs event thing but the actual cars and tracks do look lovely. My nephews had a reet blast with the wheel setup.

Have the lunatics and casuals fucked off yet?
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    No idea. Like I say I tend to just use it as a time trial and just post the qually times for the dailies.

I'm still e race and b ..err.. that other stat so I think I might be match made with less of the daft first corner aholes and still get a lot of ghost cars enabled nice and quick.

I was very mindful of staying out of any crashing at all mind. If I qualified in 10th then I'd expect to possibly finish about 10th on a good day if I didn't cock it up. If the numpty ahead of me was going for every last inside corner late breaking charge to 1st place and ping ponging along then it's just a case of stay back and wait it out to the easy, obvious pass inevitably comes up.
    I don't remember being tapped that much from behind either? Staying up to speed and keeping an eye on mirrors helped maybe? Dunno.
    Like I say, I just tried to prioritise human/car safety above race position really.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s wrote:
    (pay by Apple Pay and get 5% off)

HOW?! I can’t see it as an option when I’m checking out on my phone.
  • Is there a gt sport thread?

GT Sport to add New Cars,Offline GT League and more
    Patch 1.06 (Coming November 27th, 2017)
    From November 27th we’ll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars:

GT League (Coming December 2017)
    Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!
    New Cars: (Coming December 2017)
    In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:
    Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
    Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
    Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
    Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
    Lamborghini — Countach LP400
    Ferrari — F40
    Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
    KTM — X-BOW R
    Suzuki — Swift Sport
    Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
    Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
    Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!
  • There is, on the front page.

Very tempted to get this now. This is the GT I oddly love.
  • digi wrote:
    Is there a gt sport thread?

GT Sport to add New Cars,Offline GT League and more
    Patch 1.06 (Coming November 27th, 2017)
    From November 27th we’ll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars:

GT League (Coming December 2017)
    Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!
    New Cars: (Coming December 2017)
    In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:
    Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
    Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
    Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
    Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
    Lamborghini — Countach LP400
    Ferrari — F40
    Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
    KTM — X-BOW R
    Suzuki — Swift Sport
    Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
    Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
    Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!

Actually there isn't but I broke the news in the gt6 thread
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    (pay by Apple Pay and get 5% off)

HOW?! I can’t see it as an option when I’m checking out on my phone.

Desktop only I think. See if there’s a link in the footer to switch to desktop view

• Nah, it’s on phone too, spoke to customer support, and it turned out they’d temporarily disabled it. I bought £35 of PSN credit for £30.30 (already discounted plus 5% facebook like discount). I then tried to repeat that, using the facebook code again, which now didn’t work BUT Apple Pay now was, so I used that 5% instead.

So, £70 of credit for £60.60.

(I bought U:LL, Tekken 7, For Honor and both the Witcher 3 expansion passes. I have a fucking problem.)
  • Andy wrote:
    So, £70 of credit for £60.60. (I bought U:LL, Tekken 7, For Honor and both the Witcher 3 expansion passes. I have a fucking problem.)

I bet you are great fun at parties.

Next time your short a tenner let me know.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Out of interest, so I know not to offend in future, what’s the difference between my post, b0r1s’s post, and any one of the thousands of similar posts made on our various forums that warranted your post?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Andy good that it works on mobile. I was only on laptop as I was at work. Usually buy on my phone. I was tempted by Witcher III Gold Edition but I’ve hardly touched the disk version I own of the basic game
  • @Andy yours made me laugh.
    The Forum Herald™
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Soooo...

Whats the must haves on this?

I particularly like shmups, good story based games (like Tomb Raider), ravers, and old skool Sega type stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I like ravers too, especially old skool.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!