Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    TLG has me worried about playing SotC again. I fucking loved it at the time, but I read that the controls and camera aren't going to be fixed for the remake and I'm not sure modern day me will be able to handle it. Might be one better left to memories.
  • I read the controls where going to be modernised
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Last two paragraphs here in particular suggest not. The whole piece is about how the clumsiness is a part of it, and while I loved it first time round it was a long time ago. I'll still be getting it but the doubts are there.
  • it says they're tweaked. So.. not the same.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tweaked could mean anything with regard to controls. Switching jump to the X button or something like that, but it's telling that Eurogamer have lead with clumsiness in the title. It suggests that there's still an issue there.

I'm trying to remember the worst offenders. I'm sure the majority were fine, but the
    Spoiler:

SotC is just in behind BotW on my all time list, my fingers are crossed.
  • Yeah for sure. You'd imagine that they'd tweaked them to make them less clumsy rather than more though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not if clumsiness was what they've intended all along, which has been mooted since the original release.
    Spoiler:
    I dunno.
  • Mentioned in the deals of day thread, but thought I'd mention it here. PS4 Pro plus fifa and crash bandicoot £299 at currys. £255 if you trade in for cash fifa and crash bandicoot at cex.

For reference ps4 pro on Amazon is £349 with just fifa.
  • Not if clumsiness was what they've intended all along, which has been mooted since the original release.
    Spoiler:
    I dunno.

I often wondered if that was a bit of an excuse for slightly shonky mechanics on a machine that couldn’t handle it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Myzzy, thanks for the link, I'll check out what's going around there, not really in need of anything right now.

@Elf, I've played about half an hour of Demon Souls before deciding the weather wasn't moody enough and never went back. I got Bloodborne coming though, it was in the stack of games at my mom's place, am waiting for the package. Tracking has a lack of updates though, really hope customs didn't get it, as most of the games are still sealed... Plus our helmets are in there.
    Looking forward to trying that one.

@digi, I've played The Last of Us on ps3, wasn't blown away by it. Might pick up the remastered edition if I see it cheap, always wanted to play the DLC.

@JonB, solid list, I think we have most of the non exclusives on pc, so saving some money there! XCom 2 wasn't really on my radar, I'll check that over out.

@andcallmeCharlie, never really payed attention to Titanfall 2, I'll check some videos. I can do shooters once every couple years.

Turns out we already have a copy of The Order here, so might just as well start with it. B says it looks amazing.

Thanks for all the suggestions, gives me an idea what to look out for when browsing Gamestop's pre owned section or Craigslist.
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I enjoyed Until Dawn.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I enjoyed Until Dawn.

That were free on ps+ a couple of months back,
    Need to go back to it myself.

@nina.
    RESOGUN!!!!!
  • Resogun is superb.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Resogun's been added to the list.

Until Dawn is actually also in the pile my mom's sending over, it's supposed to be a bit horror but more puzzle / point and click style than action game isn't it? That was on me to try out list, good to see it gets mentioned here as well.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Resogun before Nex IMO.
  • Oh man. I thought my PS4 was a goner today. Its been freezing up shortly after startup for the past 2-3 weeks, probably noticed it since the last update installed. This morning I switched it on, got a black screen with 'can't turn on PS4' and asking for a USB to be plugged in with the latest update to reinstall.

Downloaded, first update file didn't work. Found a larger file that seemed to get me further but still didn't get it beyond the endless black screens and constant restarts. I got the PS4 logo, a blank screen and then it would turn off. I tried the update 2-3 more times and FINALLY I'm back... albeit everything is wiped. All my saves, apps, captures etc - all gone... like its started again from scratch. 

Bit of a ball ache, but just glad its on in all honesty!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Eek.  Some saves will be in the cloud, right?  Or is that PS+ only (though maybe you have that...)?
  • I do have PS+ although I don't know if it was saved in the cloud?

EDIT - ooooh just found it!!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    You know too much.

No, that's @Skerret

Nina challenge!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Folks, I keep getting an intermittent message on my PS4 saying a LAN cable is disconnected. It isn't disconnected but it drops me from games.

The router's lights are all still on and other devices (like my phone) still access the Internet etc.

Has anyone else ever experienced this error and if so, what steps did you take to fix it?

TIA.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Faulty cable? Can you try another port on the router?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Faulty cable? Can you try another port on the router?

This, I'm on the 3rd port of my router, seems to last about 3-4 months before getting funny again.

Can-of-sprite
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'll switch things up to see if it improves. Cheers :)
  • My wishlist on the PSN store site has gone weird. Shows loads of stuff I deleted ages ago and won't let me remove them.
  • The Xbox One X is here and is has usurped the PS4 Pro as the most powerful home console consumers can buy. But could Sony be prepping its own next-generation hardware in the form of the PS5?

Two leading analysts believe this is very much the case. Macquarie Capital Securities analyst Damian Thong predicts Sony will launch the PlayStation 5 in 2018. Thong claims (via Wall Street Journal) that Sony will release its next-gen PlayStation in the second half of the year.

Normally these sort of rumours are ignored, especially with such little noise coming from Sony. However, Thong correctly predicted the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. It’s worth taking his words into consideration.

Another analyst has offered an alternative but not entirely dissimilar opinion. Wedbush Securities’ Michael Pachter believes the PS5 will launch in 2019, and be backward compatible with PS4 Pro games. Pachter believes Sony is waiting for an increasing saturation of 4K TVs in consumer households before launching new hardware.

“Will it play games that were made for the PlayStation 4 Pro? That’s the question. I think it will. So I think they will build a console that will backward compatible with the PS4 Pro,” Pachter said in an interview with GamingBolt.

“My expectation that is that it’s not coming out in 2018. That is a 2019 0r 2020 but probably 2019. Sony is probably timing it better because they are going to bring out a 4K capable device when the 4K TV market reaches 50% in the USA and 35% in the rest of the world.”

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps5-release-date-price-games-news-rumours-specs-2993694#MWHTuZCPbf9OWx3X.99

Hmmmmmm.........
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    My wishlist on the PSN store site has gone weird. Shows loads of stuff I deleted ages ago and won't let me remove them.
    So you can make a wishlist? I've made one for the Vita ages ago, just via the store webpage. Was looking at the store on the ps4 the other day, and "thumbs upped" the games recommended in here, but didn't see a way to pull up that list.
  • Patcher is a cunt.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thumbs up doesn’t add to your wish list, to the best of my knowledge. You need to do it on the webpage. Amazing that they’ve never brought that simple feature to the consoles. (Or, if they have, amazing that they’ve hidden it so well.)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok, so there's no way to find out what you've given the thumbs up?

And I remembered I had another question, is that headset thing they've shipped with it actually useful in a way? It looks like it might break if I take it out of the plastic. Not sure if I'll ever need one, I've always played Monster Hunter without chat, and there's not much else I see myself playing online.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!