Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Yeah I think I'll open it for the soundtrack cd. I already have the digital copy, it's an amazing game
  • Good man. I opened all my collectors editions that I already owned digitally.
  • Lumines remaster in may for ps4
  • Song of the Deep's got to be worth £3.29, right?

Moot recommends...

Also £3.29 at the mo.  6/10, not brilliant but fun with chums.  It'll scratch the itch you'll know if you've got after watching the first 15 seconds of the vid.
  • Elf, for example, does not have said itch.
  • I wash regularly.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just watched a bit of the vid. Looks like the kind of thing we left behind a long time ago and that would be boring now.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • VR update out for Wipeout Omega Collection. Free.

Damn I wish I had VR now.
  • VR update out for Wipeout Omega Collection. Free.

Damn I wish I had VR now.

They’ve just slashed the price to £250 or so. You
    Know you want to...
  • Oh god no, not in the converted loft room my gaming stuff is set up in. Can barely swing a cat, let alone a 6'4" gent trying to VR well.

Maybe next year.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Woof.. just had a quick crack on the Wipeout VR.. it's quite the experience folks! Chemical brothers in the earholes at max volume and then the vr business kicks in.. had a few early races and events in HD and felt great. I've been playing with vr since day one really and didn't get any nasty effects but can imagine that it'll test the ol iron stomach once it all kicks up to max speed.

Also found out that if you have supersampling mode engaged on your Pro then it won't launch at all and gets stuck on a black loading screen.. FYI folks. FYI.

GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • If they release the Elite VR update then I may be in...Ive added all the ps + VR games to the library just in case....
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Getting PS4 vr for my birthday in May, ear marked moss and wipeout as initial purchases. Any other recommendations
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • A PS4 Pro, if you don't have one.
  • Getting PS4 vr for my birthday in May, ear marked moss and wipeout as initial purchases. Any other recommendations

Thumper if you haven't got it already.  It's a great game as is, it's amazing in VR.  I also really enjoyed Polybius, though it's very much a Minter game, and hence proves divisive.  Superhot's worth a look too.

I'd also recommend Statik - it's pretty basic (a game designed around having to sit with a controller in your hand), but it's an amusing, and reasonably challenging puzzler.  It's not long, but last time I checked it was priced accordingly.  (There's also a somewhat secret 2 player mode where a friend helps you out using phone/tablet.)

A couple of freebies too - get the Resident Evil first hour demo, and the VR Playroom.

Superhot vr.
    Until dawn: a rush of blood.
    Rez infinite.
    Resi 7.
    Keep talking and nobody explodes.
    Ultrawings.

Gran turismo sport has just got its vr time trial update today so that too.
  • What's the VR game where blinking changes the scene?  It sounded interesting in an Edge from maybe 18 months ago, but I don't know if it saw the light of day.
  • Pro isn't necessary. Works fine on my OG PS4.

To add to the others, I really like Headmaster. It doesn't look like what it actually is, so don't dismiss it out of hand. You play as a footballer who's had a terrible season, and have been sent to the Football Improvement Centre, an Aperture Science style place, if it had no budget and was run by one guy and a work experience kid.

You get balls flung at you from all angles which you have to head into the goal, or at various floating targets. Sometimes it's not at all obvious how the hell you can reach the target score, and then you solve the puzzle and it suddenly all makes sense.

Humour is subjective obvs, but it has me grinning ear to ear every time. If you've ever wanted to head an exploding football at a piñata, or use a ball to knock a dummy out of a portaloo on a forklift truck this is the game for you.
  • Thanks for the recommendations, have thumper on steam and switch so won’t buy again
    Superhot is a good shout and Mrs Charlie would like Rez
    I have a PS4 pro
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Pro isn't necessary. Works fine on my OG PS4.

Seriously? I'd heard it was awful, either the graphics took such a hit the looked sub-PS3, or the frame-rate was nausea-inducing-ly low.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the VR game where blinking changes the scene?  It sounded interesting in an Edge from maybe 18 months ago, but I don't know if it saw the light of day.

That's not possible on any current VR hardware AFAIK. Layers of Fear changes stuff while it's not in your field of vision, though; you might be thinking of that.
  • AJ wrote:
    Pro isn't necessary. Works fine on my OG PS4.

Seriously? I'd heard it was awful, either the graphics took such a hit the looked sub-PS3, or the frame-rate was nausea-inducing-ly low.

I have a pro now and have still to try it on it but everything iv played so far was on og ps4 and was perfectly fine.

No game is allowed to be less than 60fps that is released for psvr and the breakout box does something that doubles it.
  • Never encountered any frame rate issues on any game, and the graphics are well above PS3 level.
  • AJ wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the VR game where blinking changes the scene?  It sounded interesting in an Edge from maybe 18 months ago, but I don't know if it saw the light of day.
    That's not possible on any current VR hardware AFAIK. Layers of Fear changes stuff while it's not in your field of vision, though; you might be thinking of that.

I do like that sort of thing, so I might play Layers of Fear at some point now, but I'm pretty sure it was an entire (indie) game based on the switcheroo premise.
  • Rumours of NMS getting psvr update soon. That would be awesome.
    Click the linky
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Well, if PSVR runs fine on the base model, I may well grab a headset at some point. Thanks/damn you all.

Digi, the thing that "doubles" the frame-rate is called interpolation; it's the same thing they used for those bullet time shots in The Matrix and basically just guesses what the extra frame looks like by blending together the existing frames. I believe it adds a frame of lag, though.

Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I do like that sort of thing, so I might play Layers of Fear at some point now, but I'm pretty sure it was an entire (indie) game based on the switcheroo premise.

Could well have been but, in VR, it would have required custom hardware to see when you blink. Could it have been non-VR? That'd just need a webcam.
  • Possibly.  I tried to find a reference to it earlier, no luck.  At this point it seems quite likely I just misread it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @AJ if you’re interested I’d sell you mine. I do want the new version as switching the breakout box for HDR games is a pain. I’ll throw in Farpoint and Driveclub VR discs. How does £180 sound? Plus postage. Not sure what it’s going for full price.
  • Sounds good, but I I'm waay off actually buying one yet. Thanks anyway.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No probs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!