Unlisted Videos, a website for finding/sharing unlisted YouTube videos
  • We only have one rule - don't be a dick. Other than that post where and what you like.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Even that rule is more of a suggestion.
  • Nah, there's a dick-list. Three strokes and you're out...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Nah, there's a dick, three strokes and you're done...

Tee-hee

I must get a life.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Even that rule is more of a suggestion.
    tumblr_inline_mo07zkcpbB1qz4rgp.gif

Well I like the new guy. Let's hang him.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I think he's scarpered.  Well done lads, seen off another interloper...
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If it's white it's not racist.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • bajeerho wrote:
    The site has a set of guidelines on what can and can't be put there.

I read them. They're bullshit. It's a vain attempt to look ethical when it boils down to, "If you think you know better than the creator of the video."
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    bajeerho wrote:
    The site has a set of guidelines on what can and can't be put there.
    I read them. They're bullshit. It's a vain attempt to look ethical when it boils down to, "If you think you know better than the creator of the video."

The meaning of unlisted on YouTube: The video won't show in YouTube's search results.  Posting an unlisted video URL to Unlisted Videos doesn't change that fact. 

For the unlisted videos that do fall within the rules, how would/could an unlisted video creator be victimised by this? 

You still haven't answered my questions:
    Do your videos fall outside of the limitations stated in the forbidden section?  If so, then how?
    Do your videos fall within the types of videos described in the permitted section?  If so, then how?
  • It doesn't change them being discoverable on YouTube, no, but it does make them discoverable in a manner beyond the originators knowledge or power.

It's not for me to say how an unlisted video creator could be victimised. I'm sure most of the time they wouldn't, but again that's not the point. The point is they have opted for their videos to not be discoverable, and this site runs roughshod over that for its own gain.

Finally, you won't get an answer to your final questions because a) my own personal videos are irrelevant, its the principle of the matter, and b) it's none of your fucking business, which is pretty much akin to my overall objection to the site.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yay, Bajeero didn't get hung! Hello!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hanged maybe, why is that?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Odd one isn't it. My pictures are hung, not hanged.
  • Yeah they're interchangeable: he was hung, he was hanged. Strangely though I'd never say I was hanged, although I am hung.
  • They're not interchangeable. Hanged is the only the past tense of 'dead by hanging'. Hung is the past tense of every other use of hang.
  • Nick, an impressively hung man, may end up hanged for his grammatical blunder, with his body hung on the gates of the forum as a warning to others.
  • I stand corrected!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hanged on a minute...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You should be bloody well hanged. Not funny any more, only true.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    You should be bloody well hanged. Not funny any more, only true.
    should have thought of that 227 years ago eh dimwit
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I did, I was saving it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Now would be the time.  I have a good candidate, get the ball rolling.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    It doesn't change them being discoverable on YouTube, no, but it does make them discoverable in a manner beyond the originators knowledge or power.

The video uploader would have to be pretty naïve not to know that whoever has the link to their video can see and share that video.

adkm1979 wrote:
    It's not for me to say how an unlisted video creator could be victimised. I'm sure most of the time they wouldn't, but again that's not the point.

Actually, it is entirely the point.  If the rules prevent victimhood, then why would you have a problem with it?

adkm1979 wrote:
    The point is they have opted for their videos to not be discoverable, and this site runs roughshod over that for its own gain.

No; They have opted for their videos to not be discoverable via YouTube's search results or through the video listings on their channel.  They haven't opted their videos to be private, and in the case of most celebrities, bands, companies etc with unlisted videos, they make their videos discoverable through other means e.g. Twitter, Facebook, their websites, hidden Easter eggs (e.g. QR codes, links etc) in their listed videos etc.

adkm1979 wrote:
    Finally, you won't get an answer to your final questions because a) my own personal videos are irrelevant, its the principle of the matter, and b) it's none of your fucking business, which is pretty much akin to my overall objection to the site.

If your own personal videos are irrelevant, then why did you even mention them in an earlier post?  By mentioning that you had unlisted videos but not providing any details, it meant that your earlier post was emotive rather than argumentative (and therefore not the least bit convincing).  Without providing any examples, you failed to show that a video could fall within the submission rules but would be to the detriment of the video owner.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    bajeerho wrote:
    adkm1979 wrote:
    It doesn't change them being discoverable on YouTube, no, but it does make them discoverable in a manner beyond the originators knowledge or power.
    The video uploader would have to be pretty naïve not to know that whoever has the link to their video can see and share that video.

Pretty sure youtubs reminds users, "Anyone with this link can access this video." or words to that effect.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • bajeerho wrote:
    adkm1979 wrote:

adkm1979 wrote:
    It's not for me to say how an unlisted video creator could be victimised. I'm sure most of the time they wouldn't, but again that's not the point.

Actually, it is entirely the point.  If the rules prevent victimhood, then why would you have a problem with it?

adkm1979 wrote:
    The point is they have opted for their videos to not be discoverable, and this site runs roughshod over that for its own gain.

No; They have opted for their videos to not be discoverable via YouTube's search results or through the video listings on their channel.  They haven't opted their videos to be private, and in the case of most celebrities, bands, companies etc with unlisted videos, they make their videos discoverable through other means e.g. Twitter, Facebook, their websites, hidden Easter eggs (e.g. QR codes, links etc) in their listed videos etc.

adkm1979 wrote:

If your own personal videos are irrelevant, then why did you even mention them in an earlier post?  By mentioning that you had unlisted videos but not providing any details, it meant that your earlier post was emotive rather than argumentative (and therefore not the least bit convincing).  Without providing any examples, you failed to show that a video could fall within the submission rules but would be to the detriment of the video owner.

You'll be just fine here.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyhow. What about them video games eh?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm only interested in unlisted video games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!