Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • Just done mission 45. I really struggled with it, probably due to only having a standard rocket launcher.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Ok, I've "completed" it,
    Spoiler:

I've still got mission 48 and 50 to go. 48 seems impossible,
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
    Spoiler:
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
    Spoiler:
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Oh dear.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Spoiler:

Thats a different mission, 48 is the one where
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • So whats the deal with Side Op 110 here? It's got a tick so I've done it right? Why is there a dot to the left as if I haven't? Why is it in bold compared to the rest?

9VcWI5i.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • There are always some side missions that are active. I think it's just so people can grind for cash.
  • Ah, gotcha. Didn't realise the others couldn't be replayed, never thought to try. Cheers.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think they cycle so there are never two side missions in the same area. I've never kept track of them enough to work out the exact system.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Oh that one. 
    Don't use a Quiet. She gets taken out and goes home fairly quickly. 
    I cheesed this one. Took d-dog and my biggest sniper rifle. Hid behind rocks and waited very patiently for them to go through their fire and move routines. It took a long, long time and many resupply drops to get past them. It was pants to be honest.
  • Yeah its a right pain.

Overall
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I don't think you need to replay the replay missions to finish the game. I missed out most of them and still finished it. They should've structured it so they pop up at the end as a treat.
  • Definitely. 
    It was in the run for my GOTY but then it goes so rapidly downhill it leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. For me. i woulda been happier if they just cut it short.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    I don't think you need to replay the replay missions to finish the game. I missed out most of them and still finished it. They should've structured it so they pop up at the end as a treat.

Yeah true, I have completed it and seen the true ending but I've only got 48 and 50 to do. After 60hrs I feel compelled to do all 50 especially being so close.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Definitely. 
    It was in the run for my GOTY but then it goes so rapidly downhill it leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. For me. i woulda been happier if they just cut it short.

Yeah, theres so much filler it just ends up being a bit of a bloated mess.

Its a real shame as the gameplay is spot on and there's a great game in here. Kojima needed to just release the theatrical cut instead of the unfinished directors cut.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I've not got a problem with the amount of content, but I would've made more of it optional.
  • Defo. 30 missions with cut scenes every 3ish to keep that MGS feel and 200 side ops - job done.

Oh...
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It is really light on bosses. Especially themed bosses.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    No one liked the bisexual Romanian pseudovampire so Koj got pissy.
  • Here's some footage from my MGS2 speedrun.

• pantyfire wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Oh that one.  Don't use a Quiet. She gets taken out and goes home fairly quickly.  I cheesed this one. Took d-dog and my biggest sniper rifle. Hid behind rocks and waited very patiently for them to go through their fire and move routines. It took a long, long time and many resupply drops to get past them. It was pants to be honest.

I used the horse and just worked out a route to gallop past them.
  • Really? I get spotted instantly by them

tumblr_lbnlc8FN351qedl16o1_500.png
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • If you leave along the river you miss most of the problems.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    If you leave along the river you miss most of the problems.

There's a waterfall at the end though, your forced to walk into their area right? Unless I'm missing a sneaky route up.

I have since upgraded to the sneak suit (I was still rocking the default clothes).

I got distracted with side ops last night, done 80/157 now. I'm half tempted to do the lot but will probably give 48 another shot tonight with my new threads.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • You can't follow the riverbank all the way to the chopper but if you stay as close as possible there aren't many difficulties.
  • So I upgraded to the sneak suit and pretty much creeped past the skulls unseen and S ranked the mission. I actually found it easier than the first time around with that suit upgrade.

Maybe I should have done that earlier in the game as I done everything apart from 48 and 50 with the OG threads and made it much harder for myself.

Absolutely pissing through the side ops now with it, you don't even need to slow down when creeping up on enemies.

Only mission 50 left now but the sneak suit will be about as useful as sandals without soles for that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm still only just opening up the second area of the game but am content to roam around in the Afghan region completing all the sideops as they open up.

Did a tank unit side ops mission last night.
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's a shame vehicles seem a bit dopey compared to the relative intelligence and effort put into average grunt behaviour. Crew should try and escape if the vehicle's on fire for one.

Sniping unsuspecting tank commanders who are chilling out of the turret hatch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!