Fallout 4
  • It's part of the old ps plus collection (and possibly in extra), and you get the upgrade if you have a sub higher than essentials. So could be that.

I've played a few hours now and it's playing really nicely - no more crashes.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well I played six hours solid today and enjoyed it all. Performance mode is nice and smooth and it all runs great with the usual Bethesda glitches (people talking at weird times, characters off screen when they are making key points etc.) but no game breaking bugs so far.
  • Do peoples faces still disappear?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not yet. But went back to settlement and the two headed merchant oxen just appeared on a roof and proceeded to walk off. Totally fine of course.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I've got further than I've played it before and I'm enjoying it. However, more issues it seems on Xbox, which is just mind boggling, you'd think that would be the perfect platform for them to get it right, but no...

• Are the DLCs updated too? I loved Far Harbor. Highlight of the game, for me!
  • Saw this thread on front page and thought people might be talking about the Tv series in here.

Never played a Fallout and don’t care to either, but wow that was one heck of a series.

Tempted to try out first two games. Or maybe New Vegas. Not sure. Show has got me a bit interested in them.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I loved the first 3. Heard good things about Vegas and bought it but boy does it look clunky now. Fallout 4, I’m enjoying more this time, probably because of me enjoying the show.
  • Fallout 3 was my first. Probably my favourite. Then New Vegas as the plot was wild. I really enjoyed 76, I played through that a couple of years ago, as they added a ton of single player content. Ended up enjoying it way more than Fallout 4. Fallout 76 is on Gamepass still, isn't it?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Game wise Fallout is in a weird spot innit? 3 was great but ages ago, 76 just doesn't appeal. 4 was never the best and starts with a stupidly urgent opening to lead into a plod about and get distracted by everything you see type of game. Never played NV at the time and it's too far gone to get into now.

I think I'll wait until the next one in 2034
  • Put this back on yesterday after I dropped it 5 or so years ago - I wasn't enjoying it and couldn't be bothered with all of the systems.

Really enjoying it now though. It's still shonky as fuck, but there's a bit of charm there too and it feels more like F3 did when I first played and loved that. It's looking good too.
    7b087ffe-10c7-4dcc-ac0e-125745c5cf3d.png
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I 100% have the fallout urge. It's not gonna be 4, I don't want animal crossing fallout.

So I'm swithering between a run of NV as I've only done one, and dipping into 76, which I hear is.... Good(?) now.

Any opinions?
  • I feel the same way.
    I tried both 4 and 76.
    4 felt good, quite enjoyed it but I also can't be arsed with all that settlement nonsense.

76 felt off to me. The VATS stuff doesn't work the same way and the shooting felt more like an FPS so I bounced off it.

I might just go do New Vegas again.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'd caution you both about going back to New Vegas. It was never a looker back in the day, but now it's positively ugly, to the point of being a real turn-off.

And the characters 'walking speed', (you can't run) cripples the game play experience too.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mind I can play on PC And hit the menu
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tbh I'd bit no encumbrances and then play the game.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I tried about 5 mins of it (never played it originally) and it is bloody ugly. Biggest waste of £1.79 ever.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm gonna fire up NV and go full fucking chaos
  • For PC'ers with a high refresh monitor, locking New Vegas at 64fps removes a lot of the stutter it has with a 60Hz monitor. In my case, locking the monitor to 64Hz as well produces the expected smoothness.

There is a tick fix mod but CBA doing that.
  • I can't believe how much I'm enjoying 4, given how hard I bounced off of it at the time. I'm even liking the crafting.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Same. Had a really great challenging battle last night. Felt well under levelled and this game doesn’t really guide you on that part. You can literally walk into a situation that kicks your arse in seconds.
  • You guys playing with any mods? Travel back in time to view my recommendations....

https://www.thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/1362/fallout-4/p88

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Has anyone had a go at 76? I'm a tree puncher type but it's never been something I'd be interested in. Playing with pals might make it better?

It's apparently a busy game so has plenty of players, but so does Elder Scrolls Online and that's utterly gash so that hardly counts as an endorsement
  • I got what I wanted from it - which was a fun remix of Fallout 4. The thing to remember about 76 is that it's not your typical MMO. Sure, you can come across plenty of players during Events, but there will also be just as much time where you're wandering alone. Players can join 'parties', but people only do that to get their XP boost... you don't actually play together. It's all a bit weird really.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    You guys playing with any mods? Travel back in time to view my recommendations.... https://www.thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/1362/fallout-4/p88

I installed a load when I got it all setup on PC and even bought the DLC as some of the mods required it, then Bethesda fucked it all and I just can't be arsed on PS5. 

Just got my power armour painted up and upgraded, it's fun punching raiders, they drop so easily.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    I can't believe how much I'm enjoying 4, given how hard I bounced off of it at the time. I'm even liking the crafting.

I’m currently enjoying putting Christmas tree lights and Halloween decorations all over my settlements. Copper is my most desired commodity.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    PS5 quality mode is, I’ve discovered, actually running at full 4K at 40fps (if you have a VRR screen) and it’s the way to go for this.
  • I'm struggling to stop playing this. It's like crack - if I'm not wandering around trying to do missions but getting distracted, I'm building pointless shit and figuring out the actually quite elegant crafting/base building stuff.
  • Crafting is superbly done in FO4. Just the right amount of tinkering and junk collecting ( never any grinding) and suddenly that pew-pew gun you first pick up can be rigged to become a dealer of death.

Currently rocking a buzzsaw baseball bat that knocks those creepy ghoul heads clean off!

Compare that to the cumbersome crafting system of Starfield, where even the most basic of gear upgrade options were locked behind a wall of prerequisite skills and unfathomable resource requirements.
  • Raiziel wrote:

I’m currently enjoying putting Christmas tree lights and Halloween decorations all over my settlements. Copper is my most desired commodity.

But what about searching for your infant son!?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!