Ori and the Blind Forest
  • I meant the map screen is assigned to a single button press, so I probably misunderstood what you meant.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Had a quick poke on the PC Gamepass version as well.. maybe 10-15 mins?

A lot of audio glitches in the story sequences and a couple of microstutter sort of things gave me enough of a reassurance that it's not quite ready there for a longer root about. The wait for a few patches begins..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I’ve done nearly two hours on pc gamepass version and not a single hiccup. Weird.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Odd? 1080Ti, 16gig. 

As I say I only played for a brief likkle look at dur purdies but the stutters seemed to occur in the audio track for a half a second and make a clashing low tone for half a beat.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Had my game freeze to a halt for about three seconds earlier. First time that's happened...

Enjoying the new abilities. It feels extremely familiar to me but the moment to moment gameplay has improved vastly. Combat with regular enemies is still a little fuzzy. Lots of landing on spikes lol. Map lag continues to annoy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So another hour under my belt, bringing me up to like two hours now. Woo.

But yeah I'm looking it a lot. Been a while since I played the first but it feels its own thing. Feels lots linear than the very first half hour, movement is getting quicker, I'm getting choice in per ups, I need to decide where to head with a big intriguing map and no major signposts. A bit of HK had rubbed off I'd say. But yeah, thumbs up basically.
  • 5hrs in and I love it, it starts well and gets better very quickly, but I am fucking done until they patch it properly. This isn't how Ori should be played, the last section I played froze so often it felt like it was buffering. Down with this sort of shit.
  • I've fallen off this quite hard. Probably won't finish it. The twee music and glossy visuals can't hide fairly rigid platforming and fluffy combat. Dare I say it the game feels a bit dated.
  • The platforming is rigid, I can't agree with anything else there but the word fits the type of precision-for-progression jumping required. I love that though, it's why Ori exists in the same space as the Celeste types for me.
  • I loved Celeste. Ori 2 feels too visually jumbled and busy for the sort of platforming. Most secret areas and their rewards have been a bit underwhelming. I'm gonna have another crack at it with a bit more energy coz I was knackered last night. Other games are of more interest to me now though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It has its claws in to me I think. Finally got
    Spoiler:
  • I did my first proper chase sequence just before I posted last night and genuinely horrendous glitches aside it's Godly stuff for my tastes.

The performance issues don't seem to be affecting some players but judging it by what's in front of me it's borderline unplayable. Anyone with an interest in this and a Bone S should definitely avoid for now. I shut the Xbox down completely because I was starting to get worried about it.
  • So apparently this starts to lock up more frequently on Xbox after 'longer play times', according to the known issues page on the ori website. Not sure my 75 mins last night falls into that category, but maybe the full reset will help. Glutton for punishment but I'll give it one more go today.
  • I left it on suspend for the day yesterday and when I resumed it was fucking horrendous. Needed a full shutdown.
  • Really loved the first ori, I'll wait for either a patch or maybe a new console before dipping.
    SFV - reddave360
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My bonex seemed to hard reboot when I loaded it from reboot. And then hard rebooted again when I loaded the game. And was then fine. So :shrug:, basically.
  • Has it come into contact with Journey to the Savage Planet?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So long since posting the first that is fit a key mechanic which I've now got again
    Spoiler:

Fun times being had. Did some doubling back, got some shizzle and a new quest, but plenty locked off so metroidvania style
    Spoiler:

So back to the mainline for now. Desperately saving up for 2.2k rather than buying the cheaper stuff that I'm not sure I'll use.... :-/ - very much going melee atm, struggling to use the other weapons well and they seem much weaker :-/
  • Yeh I bought some projectile weapon that I really wish I hadn't.
    Every combat encounter so far has been very up close and personal.

I played for a fair bit yesterday, got to the unlock of the ability acemuzzy mentions, but I'm not 100% sold.
    It's more of the same, and I did love the first one, but metroidvania style isn't always my thing. I like to be going forward not doubling back, unless there's some time saving teleport thing I've not encountered yet.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I think mine has bugged out. I’m at
    Spoiler:
    . Fuck
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I just died and respawned on the other side of a door I can’t open. It’s a dead end room. I think that’s game over. All progress lost.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh dear

Uh I'm cracking on happily. Finally spent my money so
    Spoiler:

Think I'm just shy of the boss in the
    Spoiler:

I sense an escape sequence looming

Hope I don't hit a glitch, mind - have had an increasing number of stutters...
  • Just defeated a
    Spoiler:

and it was all one big muddle. I like the combat on the whole but the bosses aren't working for me so far. I've read that they've mostly replaced the chase sequences too, so this hurts. And because the screen gets extra busy for big beasties the framerate dips which means button presses don't feel like they register all the time. I'd actually watch a Digital Foundry teardown on this to see if it's just me.

I've also had to turn it off again after 90 mins. Didn't see a stutter until I reached the same water area that fucked it yesterday, then bam, back to unplayable.

I should stop playing it until they spruce it up again but I know I won't now.
  • I'd had zero problems up to this point. Tried everything, there's nothing to kill me, no way out. Balls. I'll wait for a patch now I suppose.
  • It's getting progressively worse performance wise for me. The game clearly needed more bake. I'm a good ways in now and it's not a big game at all. Bigger than the first but nowhere near HK in terms of scale. It's decent when you get going on a good run, but all too often I'm left glancing at the map to check where I'm going - which sometimes appears straight away and other times leaves you hanging. Driving me fucking batty.

I've also got an awful audio glitch and an intermittent crackling sound. It feels as if it's on the brink of meltdown. It's an occasionally fun but mostly frustrating experience. I can't say it's a game I wanna play for long periods.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I'd had zero problems up to this point. Tried everything, there's nothing to kill me, no way out. Balls. I'll wait for a patch now I suppose.

That's BS :-(. Where abouts are you, keen to avoid the same!!
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I'd had zero problems up to this point. Tried everything, there's nothing to kill me, no way out. Balls. I'll wait for a patch now I suppose.

Is it worth looking at the backup saves option when you click on your save slot?

I've copied mine twice just in case, it doesn't matter how much I like a game I couldn't handle a save wipe restart these days.
  • Just play Nioh 2 instead. Or wait for Doom Eternal.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!