Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I want to make a "he'll be first against the wool" joke, but it's the wrong frickin animal
  • The revolution will be pasteurised?

Saving this from the page turn.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    He did it the absolute madman hahahhahahaha etc Much as a loathe Farage this current trend of milkshake chucking among young lefties seems a bit pathetic to me. I don't see how it's any different from that twat throwing the egg at Corbyn.  £5.25 that milkshake cost apparently. Worth it for the social media clout I suppose

Corbyn was hit with an egg hard enough to leave a mark.

Farage, Yaxley-Lennon and SoyBoy Of Arsehole were wet and annoyed.
  • I bet you all lol at “down with this sort of thing”. The one minute of candy floss elation you get traded in for a horse load of rhetoric and defiant bollocks.

All it does is ossify each side further in their own wank juice except: there’s more of them.
  • I bet you all lol at “down with this sort of thing”. The one minute of candy floss elation you get traded in for a horse load of rhetoric and defiant bollocks. All it does is ossify each side further in their own wank juice except: there’s more of them.
    Tempy wrote:
    He's a fascist enabling fuck. Debating him doesn't work, you can't platform them from the street, so you chuck a milkshake at them and make them fuck off back into the hole he crawled out of.
  • Who said anything about debating him?
  • Farage isn’t interested in discussing things, finding common ground, reaching compromises. He’s a rabble rouser. He wants to stir shit, and ‘win’ arguments for his own glorification. You can’t debate him or achieve anything constructive with him.
  • "down with this sort of thing" patter is shite. What's your alternative Crayon? Do nothing? Let them campaign freely in the streets? Violence? What?

I think people making it clear they aren't welcome, be that following Yaxley-Lennon around shouting "Nazi scum" at him, or chucking Milkshakes at them makes it totally clear they're not going to be able to get a word in and that people don't want them around. You're never going to change the minds of the kind of morons that vote for them, so we can at least get them off the streets.
  • Aslo the "who said anything about debating them?" 

Come on, that's the frequent cry of the centrist we hear day in day out "you need to give them a platform and dismantle their ideas." Don't act like you've never seen it said.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Who said anything about debating him?

So what then? Just let him spread his bile unchecked and unchallenged?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Trying to stop this shite from spreading any further is a perfectly good aim. It’s unlikely much will change the minds of those who already support him.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Farage has 'refused' to get off his bus in Wakefield today after this morning's milkshake incident in Newcastle.

He told reporters he was staying on board as "I would be mobbed within 30 seconds".

https://twitter.com/SusieMayJourno/status/1130513796504707072/photo/1
  • Why did no one try this before? I wonder what you can drench him with to make him fuck off for good?
  • Russian money.

Wait, no, they probably already did that.
  • Farage is pressing charges. Isnt the normal thing to do to condemn and let it go?

Arnie isnt pressing charges over the guy who flying kicked him yesterday.
  • Yeah, but Arnie has some class.
  • Tempy wrote:
    "down with this sort of thing" patter is shite. What's your alternative Crayon? Do nothing? Let them campaign freely in the streets? Violence? What?

I think people making it clear they aren't welcome, be that following Yaxley-Lennon around shouting "Nazi scum" at him, or chucking Milkshakes at them makes it totally clear they're not going to be able to get a word in and that people don't want them around. You're never going to change the minds of the kind of morons that vote for them, so we can at least get them off the streets.

There’s a universe where making him look a clown will somehow remove the scales from peoples eyes - as if the cream and sugar will peel it off. But we know this ain’t the case (or certainly I don’t trust it is so).

Really though it’s a lame sticking plaster which plays the person who’s an embodiment of resentment but he won’t be the last. In the moment of satisfaction all that will happen is another, deadlier, chancer will take his place. And the reason it’s possible is because for whatever reason he’s saying things that people want to listen to.

Focus on the ears rather than the mouth.
  • Look at the weird memetic nature of the so called protest. It has to be milkshake because social media lapped up a genuinely spontaneous reaction of anger and the man had a milkshake. The protest isn’t about anything other than fucking milkshake x Farage rather than giving a toss about the fundamental problems.
  • All you are saying is "this wont work"

Ok then, what will?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This is a common argument you make, but I still don’t buy it. There’s a shitload of thought and argument around the fundamental problems, these protests don’t negate that, but they may well prevent Farage from being able to lie about the fundamental problems.
  • Also, the next grifter that emerges, we throw milkshakes over them until they hide in their bus as well.
  • .... The protest isn’t about anything other than fucking milkshake x Farage rather than giving a toss about the fundamental problems.
    Sez you.
  • No one's trying to solve any problems with milkshakes though are they? It's part protest, part attempt to ridicule and undermine racists and, let's face it, part lols. 

It's kept that rancid little creep hiding inside his hate bus for a day. And so, it's been a good day.
  • I've seen push back about it due to it being memetic, but it shows solidarity between disparate people. People against Farage, Sargon, and Yaxley-Lennon united by the humble milkshake. It shows that people aren't alone, and that a push back is possible.

Not every single action needs to be working towards the fundamental root of the problem. You can occasionally stop to tell something to fuck off.
  • It is just a bit of theatre and catharsis in the end though. And yeah, it's amusing.

But it won't stop his message getting out or spreading - it's far too late for that. The only way to combat him is with a better message.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Milkshake is the new rotten tomato. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    This is a common argument you make, but I still don’t buy it. There’s a shitload of thought and argument around the fundamental problems, these protests don’t negate that, but they may well prevent Farage from being able to lie about the fundamental problems.

The Farage who's on telly and in every newspaper every single day, who's on Question Time every other week? Yeah, how will he ever get his message across, now there's a handful of students armed with milkshakes out there?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Start milkshaking BBC producers too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Explain to me again why you're presenting candidates for European elections if you're on the eve of leaving? And also why, if everyone is so keen on preventing Brexit now, an anti-Europe party is apparently going to landslide it? There's a slice of derision in there but also genuine questions, as I'm not following any of this British malarkey.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!