The British Politics Thread
  • I think what I hate about the Lib Dems the most is that they're pretty much running on a platform of "lets just go back to how it was before the referendum", as if things weren't utterly broken in 2016.
  • Gotta be honest, I liked Alan Moore more before I read that he hadn't voted for 40 years, made the sort of excuse for it that your thick mate trotted out when you were in your early twenties. Then tried tell me now is the time to vote for real real this time look how bad these people have been.

MOTHERFUCKER I'VE BEEN TRYING TO VOTE OUT THESE DICKHEADS MY ENTIRE LIFE NOT IGNORING THEM BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY REAL IMPACT ON MY SUCCESSFUL COMIC BOOK AUTHOR LIFESTYLE.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Unless it won't...
  • Pity you didn’t vote whenever you’ve had the opportunity Alan.

Always vote.
  • Especially as both Northampton seats are marginals.
  • I really don't know who to vote for this time. The level of Christmas offers they are all promising is overwhelming.

I'm waiting for the "get two tax cuts for the price of one" deal.
  • Labour, unless you're in Scotland, or a Tory/Lib Dem marginal.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I really don't know who to vote for this time. The level of Christmas offers they are all promising is overwhelming.

I'm waiting for the "get two tax cuts for the price of one" deal.

Just you wait until the black Friday deals come out.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Roujin wrote:
    Gotta be honest, I liked Alan Moore more before I read that he hadn't voted for 40 years …

I completely agree. I just wanted to bust out a sweet Pop Will Eat Itself reference.
  • Devil's advocate here:

Let's have a vote on Brexit!

What is this Brexit?

Fuck knows, I just made it up.

Yay voting!
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Voting is overrated.
  • Island Britain has become incredibly stupid

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ2avp8XYAAZQ9R.jpg:large" />

(that's Rachel Riley)
  • Exactly. We're all idiots. The best thing to do if you have an election is under no circumstances put the party in who gets the most votes.
  • Wasn’t she involved in some of rumoured anti-Corbyn spin-off Labour Party a while back?
  • That awful woman again. Her whole day must be spent looking for Corbyn-related things to get offended about.
  • It's ok though, she's a bit of crumpet for the thinking man
  • She's a Lib Dem she just hasn't bothered to take the time to look.
  • Has there ever actually been any evidence or direct quote of this Corbyn racism/anti-semitism? I've only ever seen it thrown at him (or about the party generally) by those against him, but i've never seen a quote or document from him where he has ever said or done something like that (and all his history as an MP shows him as opposed to that kind of thing).
    Closest I get to understanding it is that maybe some people in the labour party might have said something anti-semitic and Corbyn didn't remove them all from the party?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • There was that mural thing that he liked on social media.
  • Patel and Javid block orphaned babies coming back from warzones but Corbyn liked a mural.

Boris with his watermelon smiles and letterbox Muslims, but Corbyn liked a mural.
  • Generally what happens is that Right but disguised as Left new twitter accounts hurl anti-Jewish abuse at certain MPs etc, easiest ploy in the book but the MPs are too thick to realise it.
  • www.labourmanifesto.co.uk
  • Has there ever actually been any evidence or direct quote of this Corbyn racism/anti-semitism? I've only ever seen it thrown at him (or about the party generally) by those against him, but i've never seen a quote or document from him where he has ever said or done something like that (and all his history as an MP shows him as opposed to that kind of thing). Closest I get to understanding it is that maybe some people in the labour party might have said something anti-semitic and Corbyn didn't remove them all from the party?
    There's nothing concrete because, well, he isn't anti-semitic. His record in supporting Jewish groups and speaking out against anti-semitism is clear to anyone who wants to look at it. And the fact that everytime there's some apparently smoking gun evidence against him a closer look reveals it to be anything but. It's quotes taken wildly out of context. Spurious claims made by people who really just don't like him anyway. And, coincidentally, the people who are so concerned about Corbyn's anti-semitism never seem to give a shit when someone outside of Labour says something anti-semitic (has there been much coverage and consternation over the 2 Tory and 1 Lib Dem candidates that were suspended this week due to anti-semitic comments?).

All there really is is some tenuous guilt by association (sharing platforms with bad people, which all politicians do anyway, but these are the wrong bad people), and that, yes, sometimes criticism of Israel does spill over into anti-semitism. If anything, Corbyn has been guilty of not taking a clear enough stance against those sorts of instances, and not acting quickly enough to set up the complaints procedure in the party, but now it's more thorough and robust than anything similar in any other party. The idea that Corbyn is anti-semitic or racist, or that the party, beyond a very small minority, is institutionally anti-semitic, is absurd and used for political gain.
  • Yeah, with every passing day, she proves herself to be more and more of a tier 1 fuckwit.

Also, her defenders are fucking beautiful. "well akshully its not an anti racist sign, it was a sign about the right to demonstrate."

Demonstrate against what dickhead?
  • He's anti-semetic if someone says he's anti-semetic because there's no smoke without fire in Idiotland.
  • Murals are more important than morals but less important than morels.
  • I appear to have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
  • He's anti-semetic if someone says he's anti-semetic because there's no smoke without fire in Idiotland.

We should start a fire or two in idiotland.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!