The British Politics Thread
  • Maybe Uni's should just let people in anyway then.

That may well be the solution, for Unis to accept predicted or Ofqual grades maybe.

Personally, if I knew anyone heavily effected by this I would tell them to take a year out. It will be a shit gap year, there isn't exactly much they can do with it, but it would relieve what must be an immense amount of pressure currently.

Although I'm a supporter of more kids taking a year before uni anyway, take time to breath a bit and really consider next steps. Not all kids need it or would benefit from it but many I think would end up on more appropriate courses, less stressed by knowing their grades before application.
  • It's a joke. [that cunt] Michael Gove has said that it's all being exaggerated in the press. He says 96% of grades are the same as their teacher's grade or just one grade lower. As if one grade lower per subject makes no difference at all. Heartless and clueless.

Loads of work going on behind the scenes yesterday working on A level appeals after the guidance was issued in the afternoon - knew the quicker we could submit, the better for the pupils. Woke up this morning to find that guidance has been withdrawn and is being reviewed. Did they press the publish button before they'd read over it?!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Its amazing how the sqa look like saints next to the english system. I guess oxbridge should start treating Highers more seriously *

*this is just my gripe. I am trying to get more kids form our school into oxbridge.

For recruitment I had to run hoggers by a Scottish employee. Still have no idea what's good. Suspect Oxbridge too. They certainly suck at French baccalaureate.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Looks as though a U turn is coming on the A level results later.

Remember when U turns were so rare in politics it normally meant serious questions were asked of the PM and their cabinet? They are a weekly occurrence now.
  • Yup. No one will resign, be sacked or anything of consequence
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • A Levels fiasco
    Rapist MP fiasco
    Cummings fiasco
    Late lockdown fiasco
    Worst deathrate fiasco
    Worst recession fiasco
    PPE fiasco
    Care Homes fiasco
    Corruption and government contracts fiasco's
    Quarantine fiasco
    Track & trace fiasco

... there's probably more.
  • Maybe we should all vote Tory next time, I mean at this point it's worth a try right?
  • How could they possibly know Gavin Williamson was a useless twat. Its not like he has already been sacked once for the leaking of sensitive documents related to 5G.

What possible indication is there that he isnt fit to be in the cabinet.

HOW CAN THEY KNOW!?!
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    A Levels fiasco Rapist MP fiasco Cummings fiasco Late lockdown fiasco Worst deathrate fiasco Worst recession fiasco PPE fiasco Care Homes fiasco Corruption and government contracts fiasco's Quarantine fiasco Track & trace fiasco ... there's probably more.
    It's difficult when the opposition and much of the media is doing so little to hold them to account. They know they'll be allowed to get away with it. Any one of those things could have been made into a much bigger deal.
  • And there is the U turn.
    They can't hide it saying it isn't a U turn either as on Saturday Williamson said there wouldn't be a U turn over the grades.
    So not only is it a U turn on the grades it is a U turn on the announcement that there would be no U turn.

U turn.
  • STRONG AND STABLE (like an algorithm)
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • The unis have already handed out places based on grades that no longer exist.
  • They fuck up and that fuck up leads to another one which leads to another one. It’s an endless chain of fuck ups.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuckin shitshow
  • Imagine being as shit as these clown shoes and getting to keep your job.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Universities have also offered more places than fit so that'll be fun, and they maybe get fined of they take too many (but I guess that has to be rolled back?!)
  • The most frustrating part of this, is that we have known since March 23rd that this was going to be an issue, teacher assessment seems like the most pragmatic solution to grading this year (and I suppose playing a part in next year's grading as well as kids in the first year of their GCSEs and A Levels have lost most of a year now) and yet for some reason, we still ploughed on with a system that people had identified would not be able to adequately manage an anomolous year.

• Roujin wrote:
    Imagine being as shit as these clown shoes and getting to keep your job.

Let's be fair... Some of them will get a promotion
    SFV - reddave360
  • It's baffling.  They've just seen Scotland have to bin the algorithm and embarrassingly U-turn on the grading process but rather than think it might be a good idea to preempt having to do the same thing the rancid fuckwits actually doubled down and stated that there absolutely would not be a U-turn.  It's like they're actively taking any opportunity to fuck things up and buffing it for maximum damage.
  • Williamson is the most incompetent of incompetent. Unbelievable.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    And there is the U turn.
    They can't hide it saying it isn't a U turn either as on Saturday Williamson said there wouldn't be a U turn over the grades.
    So not only is it a U turn on the grades it is a U turn on the announcement that there would be no U turn.

U turn.

Two u turns cancel one another out, so technically they can argue there was no uturn, just a sort of spiral thing.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    A Levels fiasco
    Rapist MP fiasco
    Cummings fiasco
    Late lockdown fiasco
    Worst deathrate fiasco
    Worst recession fiasco
    PPE fiasco
    Care Homes fiasco
    Corruption and government contracts fiasco's
    Quarantine fiasco
    Track & trace fiasco

... there's probably more.

Typical remainer, using foreign words like fiasco. It's shambles mate, and we're the best at them
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • LivDiv wrote:
    And there is the U turn.

U turn.

Two u turns cancel one another out, so technically they can argue there was no uturn, just a sort of spiral thing.

A downward descent through the circles of hell.
  • If there’s any thing this government will be cumming into the pants at the sound of it will be algorithms.

Algorithms are the pseuds solution to everything because YouTube guessed correctly you’d like curb your enthusiasm clips.
  • The outstanding question now of course is how much did we pay Ofqual for this shit and who at Ofqual is linked to a Tory MP.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    And how was Dominic Cummings involved?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good to see the papers universally laying into the Tories. Just wish they were doing it for all the other farces too!
  • It’s part of the game. They try and manage the public sentiment. If it can’t be contained and the public gets angry, they reflect that anger. They’d lose trust with their audience otherwise. In a few days time when it’s settled down again they’ll be back to management. “Revealed: How the FRENCH have messed up their exams even worse!”
    “Exposed: Starmer’s Exam Plan would have fucked your kids even harder somehow!”
  • Daily Mail front pages through the Dominic Cummings Durham scandal
    Day 1 story breaks: Police quiz Cummings.
    Day 2: Boris - He wasn’t shagging anyone like the guy we’ve just sacked. This was different.
    Day 3: Oh fuck alright then. OUTRAGE!!!
    Day 4: Still angry. Can’t get over this. Really cross.
    Day 5: Ooh look at this. Royal gossip. You won’t believe what Meghan’s gone and done now.
    Day 6: Listen I’ve heard Cummings is going to be gone soon anyway. Labour would have done the same but worse. Let’s just move on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!