The British Politics Thread
  • See I can do cross-thread references too.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Your response to it was to ask for more response from others? Bizarre

Yes that's a response, I don't know if I can really explain this to you if it isn't getting through. Well done cross-thread sniping with two feet, studs up, though.

For sparkles <3
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    nick_md wrote:

Yes that's a response, I don't know if I can really explain this to you if it isn't getting through. Well done cross-thread sniping with two feet, studs up, though.

You brought the other thread up. I'm just wondering what you find so objectionable about Fossildog's post that you think more people should be challenging it, yet won't challenge yourself. Can't get my head around it
  • nick_md wrote:

You brought the other thread up. I'm just wondering what you find so objectionable about Fossildog's post that you think more people should be challenged yet won't challenge yourself. Can't get my head around it

Ok m8
  • He thinks Scotland will be fine once they have independence.
  • nick_md wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I just meant the above post from mr. Dog deserves more forum response than a m$!

So, Fossildog single post is way worse than Indigo.

What am I meant to be challenging here? Can you fill my boots for me please Sparkles?

Nick, don't want to start this in another thread but no one was responding to indigo because of his posts relating to Microsoft or M$. If you really think that you've complete missed why people got a bit peeved with him.

Ok but the point stands. The post from FD above is way, way, way worse than anything indigo posted. I can remove the m$ if needed, was being flippant and you're right to call me on it.
    nick_md wrote:
    Christ I only wanted to point out a toxic poster ITT and made a reference to today's hot topic to highlight we have bigger fish to fry (FD), I didn't think I'd be attacked. I thought I was doing a unifying gesture. Apologies.

Again, maybe we are both looking at this in different ways. Indigo was temp blocked only because of his actions not his comments. It wasnt that he insulted someone or said something bold - I took it that he was shut down for a bit because he kept coming back to try to start insult trading with people who didn't want to.

From my viewpoint it was his frequent posts which contained nothing but insults that caused the issue not the insults themsepves. In relation to FD I think most here ignored FD from the start which is grand but if FD had kept posting it and interrupting the trade, maybe things would have followed a similar run.

SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    He thinks Scotland will be fine once they have independence.

Can he not just come out and say that? Why the dog whistle?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why is he making out like he's being attacked? It's all very confusing
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I just meant the above post from mr. Dog deserves more forum response than a m$!

So, Fossildog single post is way worse than Indigo.

What am I meant to be challenging here? Can you fill my boots for me please Sparkles?

Nick, don't want to start this in another thread but no one was responding to indigo because of his posts relating to Microsoft or M$. If you really think that you've complete missed why people got a bit peeved with him.

Ok but the point stands. The post from FD above is way, way, way worse than anything indigo posted. I can remove the m$ if needed, was being flippant and you're right to call me on it.
    nick_md wrote:
    Christ I only wanted to point out a toxic poster ITT and made a reference to today's hot topic to highlight we have bigger fish to fry (FD), I didn't think I'd be attacked. I thought I was doing a unifying gesture. Apologies.

Again, maybe we are both looking at this in different ways. Indigo was temp blocked only because of his actions not his comments. It wasnt that he insulted someone or said something bold - I took it that he was shut down for a bit because he kept coming back to try to start insult trading with people who didn't want to.

From my viewpoint it was his frequent posts which contained nothing but insults that caused the issue not the insults themsepves. In relation to FD I think most here ignored FD from the start which is grand but if FD had kept posting it and interrupting the trade, maybe things would have followed a similar run.

I'm sorry I brought the other thread up, I just thought it noteworthy that we had such drama over a relatively harmless troll when FD posted what he did (which is genuinely offensive). I'm sorry to y'all for dragging it into this thread, I just thought I could use it as a comparison, as in, a relatively low level lol tier troll compared to nasty xenophobia. I even included a halo reference for how we're all fighting the same fight :(

Sorry folks.
  • Why is he making out like he's being attacked? It's all very confusing

Gaslighting at its finest. I love your studs, Sparkles <3
  • I have no idea what's going on anymore so I'm going to open a beer.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How is it gaslighting? You literally said you didn't think you'd be attacked for it?
  • "Do you think that Fossildog post is the same as the multi stage trolling campaign Indigo is on? Or even that it's worse? I mean, fill your boots if you want to challenge it, no one is stopping you"
    Why is he making out like he's being attacked? It's all very confusing

Subtle attack is attack. I guess it has enough ambiguity to be deniable, this clearly isn't your first rodeo. Maybe I was wrong and your post was meant as a friendly one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
  • nick_md wrote:
    Can't believe this Fossildog guy crawls out and we go ham in the Xbox thread :D

Let's be like Master Chief and Arbiter and take on the real enemy eh xx

How tf does this obviously well intentioned post result in this shit show? Ffs

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's neutral. It's a question. I didn't like what Indigo had to say so I challenged it. Well I told him to fuck off, but you get it.

You don't like what Fossildog's got to say and you signal the attack dogs instead of challenging it yourself.

I don't get it.

Then you're acting like you're being attacked when all I can see is you attacking Fossildog, or attempting to get others to attack him for you, and I'm asking you why you're doing that instead of challenging him yourself.
  • Yeah you never did seem like the sharpest tool, tbf.
  • Borderline banning offence, sorry. I'll leave it up tho because no to censorship - META
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Am I still attacking you? Because it doesn't really feel like it
  • I will let him rim me but I don't rim guys myself.
  • I've definitely attacked Sparky, sorry. I did feel under attack and if I'm wrong there (I've been wrong a lot it seems) I'll row back.

Sparks, genuinely, sorry mate. I don't want to have beef. I didn't mean anything bad in my op before, I thought you were attacking me. Sorry if that's not the case. Happy to shake hands.
  • Phew. Fd's post wasn't that bad .
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've got no beef with you. You know this.

But I do find that Fossildog thing odd. Just call him out yourself?

Anyway fuck it, firm handshakes all round. Except for Tiger
  • Yeah, tiger can Jo Malone himself.
  • Sweet, happy with that. Sorry again Sparks.

I am also officially calling out Fossildog for shit tier xenophobia, what a cowardly piece of shit. Come in here with teenager level insults then do one. I don't have enough knowledge/time to counter but still want to point my finger and call the fucker out.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's the spirit
  • FD was clear shitposting. Best ignored.
  • Shitposting is what Rouj and others do (hopefully me!). FD was just lazy xenophobia.
  • No offence Rouj, love your content.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!