Festivals!
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Why would you want to take a soundsystem to a festival? Haven't you just paid to hear other people make music in front of you?

So you can have music while chilling and drinking with friends. Which is exactly what most people do at Fusion, where I have just returned from over the weekend. Having no rules or regulations make it infinitely better than anything i ever experienced in in England.

Want to camp in the back of your car? Fine. Want to build your own coffeee stall selling hot drinks for a euro each? No problem. Want to dance naked in the sun? People wont even stare. Want to erect your own pop-up nightclub equipped with lightshow, soundsystem, dancefloor, bar, and space for 30 of your friends to dance and sleep? You wont be alone.

At Fusion Festival your right to a good night's sleep is always secondary to anyone else's right to play loud music and do what they want. There are no security or rule enforcers anywhere. Nobody will ever tell you to turn the music down. In fact, nobody will ever tell you to do anything. Yet somehow the whole festival moderates itself. This year was my 6th Fusion and i have still yet to see a single fight. I blame drugs. High people are more fun and less trouble than drunkards.

There's also no commercial sponsorship, so no fucking Redbull tents or Pepsi Max Challenges or any of this nonsense. All the foodstalls are reasonably priced and damn tasty. Typically you will pay 2 euro for fruit n  muesli with yoghurt, or 4 euro for a large vegetable curry. There's lots to choose from. A bottle of beer is 2.50.

And it lasts a week! But my girlfriend wouldnt let me stay that long.
  • It's not been all good, however. I have somehow erased my mobile sim pin from memory. Been back two days and cant remember it at all. I've had that phone almost 10 years!
  • You can camp in your car at Download if you really want to.

The pop up nightclub stuff sounds fucking awful.
  • It's glorious. One of the best things about the festival. People tend to go there in large groups and setup base with everything they need. So you'll typically have a circle of smaller tents surrounding a larger sheltered area with sound system. It also means when the music stops (officially on Sunday night) that hundreds of micro parties continue for many more days.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sounds exactly like Meredith Music Fest.  You'd like it there Nox, boutique.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Festivals just sound like not my thing at all, mud? Sweaty? Horrible toilets? Tents? Other people? 
    No thanks.

Catching up on Glastonbury at home with my sound system up and a nice cold beer.
    Perfect.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Best thing about this years Glastonbury? Lionel Richie. I'm singing along loudly in my living room
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Chemical Brothers stole the show for me.  One day I will get tickets.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Back from Bluedot and was verily impressed.  Billed itself as half music fest, half science camp and it was laudable on both counts.  Peaked a bit too early for me on Friday night cos Underworld were just so fantastic.  Haven't raved so hard in ages.  Anything else was a bit of a come down.  Although the crowd loved Public Service Broadcasting and Jean-Michel Jarre was an obvious big hit with the 'were just here for Oxygene 4'plebs.

Some poor fecker passed out in the portaloos Sunday mornin' and paramedics were called.  That particular toilet aspect was even more fucked up than usual tbh. Sort it out next year, yeah?

Staggering from one over-priced beer tent to the next whilst crashing in on some lecture about Russkie cosmonaut suits though made for a memorable experience and I'll be going back next year if they get Kraftwerk and CHEMICAL BROTHERS obviously.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Gonna break my festival cherry in flow. I'm told families go and the food is really good and it is super clean. None of this mud n pcp for me, ta.
  • Family Sunday? Pansy. Leeds had Burn Down the Campsite Sunday.
  • Last camping festival I went to in this country had "pack up and leave because stages have sunk Sunday".

I was swore off festivals in the UK but my brother wanted his stag do to be at Trip Out festival. Should be alright, it's only a 20 minute drive away. All hot rods, choppers, rocka-billy and punk. He will be taking his beetle to show it off.
    41Pncjy.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Psno = weak as pissss
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • regmcfly wrote:
    DO NOT MAKE SANDWICHES BEFORE YOU GO because you'll be sick of them. Take an extra £50-60 of possible to at least get some decent grub over the weekend. Last time I was at the urine riddled pit of shite that is T in the Park, the lone highlight was getting, I shit you not, some Loch Fyne Oysters. Fuck festivals. If you go you're either a wreckhead or a dad trying to recapture lost youth.

What's a wreckhead?
  • really looking forward to Leeds festival
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I don't think there are riots any more mate. Gentrification innit.
  • It's 100 quid for most of these festivals, and they are full of wankers.
  • It's £100 for a day ticket mate.
  • Who's on at Leeds?
  • I think this is the latest line up.

Cgi8JcpWkAAi2oQ.jpg
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I've not been to Leeds since it left Temple Newsam which was on my old manor.  The twats that kept burning down the bogs on the Sunday night put paid to that.  Perfect festival site it was too.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I actually really like the Bramham Park site. Aside from the slurry pit bogs due to the aforementioned burning.

Don't like the acts they book now though.
  • Festival line-ups are predominantly rotten nowadays.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • All the bands I like have moved to Download now. Shame Sonisphere  can't seem to put together a show in the UK these days.
  • Reading/Leeds lineup above looks decent to me.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Not much for me. The folorn hope that Biffy will play things off the first 2 albums, the folorn hope Good Charlotte will only play things off the first 2 albums, Coheed and Cambria, Thrice, Milk Teeth. Would probably go see Brian Fallon and Modern Baseball
  • Anyone who wouldn't go to see David Rodigan needs to give their head a wobble.
  • Never heard of him. Looked him up and it sounds awful.
  • Yeah but you like Good Charlotte sooooo....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!