Festivals!
  • Yeah, stay at those stages.
    Boys Noize are the only worthwhile artist on the main stage.
  • Avoid that Florence like sticky shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Main stage is utter gash, last year Skrillex (lol) headlined. Will be heading to the odd ting the missus wants though, standard.

Venue is beautiful.
  • My feelings on Skrillex are well documented.
    Tainted my favourite genre.
  • Setting looks amazing.
    Do some of your own research though.
    Outlook festival looked amazing but was a dust bowl. Fine for us staying offsite. The campers were fucked.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    My feelings on Skrillex are well documented.
    Tainted my favourite genre.
    He's my cousin.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • And this year's 6 Music festival will be taking place in... LIVERPOOL!

Featuring The Good, The Bad and the Queen; Hot Chip; Idles; Anna Calvi, plus local stalwarts, The Coral. And a host of others, whose in?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Huh. When is that? I may be in.
  • A guy I went to school with is in Idles. For the last 10 years he's been posting tracks and band updates on Facebook. Funny how they suddenly seem to have got big. But fair play to them, they kept on going and never gave up.

I still haven't listened to a single track he's posted
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The trnsmt festival shows how much cache t in the park used to have. What a load of garbage.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Got my tickets for IDLES on the Saturday for the above event. Tempted to go to the daytime stuff too in Camp & Furnace, but dunno whether I can't justify spending another 40 quid. They should have done day long tickets really...
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    1zxplis.jpg

A Co-op. At Glastonbury.

Fuck me. When I were a lad you were lucky if you could find the campsite after the first few hours, never mind do yer weekly shop.

What next, a McDonalds?
  • I just realised I never answered Blocks. I started off old school with one of those camping mats that appear to be only for show, and it wrecked my back so I bought an air mattress.

They had a Co-op at Download. Fairly reasonably priced. I took a picture.

4y6fx5v.jpg

It had its own DJ as well.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Kids these days.
  • I just realised I never answered Blocks. I started off old school with one of those camping mats that appear to be only for show, and it wrecked my back so I bought an air mattress.

Sensible boy. The only problem I have with air mattresses is that I tend to 'bounce' off them quite hard after a day & night of drinking. Bloody essential piece of kit though. As is a foot pump.

We're downgrading from a 6 man tent to a 4 this year.  Sick of carrying what is the equivalent weight of a dead man's body across a field twice a year. Not that I've ever carried a dead man's body across a field. But if I had to guess what it felt like, it felt like a dead weight.

And camping chairs. They are a godsend.  Not in the arena obviously, that's just annoying.

Self inflatable sausage-bag chairs were all the rage at last years Bluedot too.
  • Double post
  • I couldn't cope without a camping chair.

I've always had a 2 man job to myself, which is fine to carry. Going to invest in one of those big walking backpacks to try and be able to carry everything in one run.
  • Mixed news on the festival front. Download has been cancelled for second year in a  row. But Isles of Wight festival has been shifted to September.  Never been to either, but my favourite, End of the Road, has already sold out for the same month.  Just hope Bluedot still goes ahead in late July.

Has anyone had any experience of using Twickets to get sold out tickets?
  • Bluedot-2022-Lineup-Poster.jpg

I'll just leave this here because I understand we have some Mogwai fans. Doubt they've shared a headline slot with any of that lot before though!
  • I saw Bjork and Mogwai on the same bill at Connect Festival in 2007, which was the last festival I went to. Until this year - I'm going to Leeds.

Gamertag: gremill
  • So went to Primavera and have to say despite the first day being an absolute organisational shambles, queueing up to an hour for a drink, that includes water/soft drinks in the scorching hot Barcelona weather and overcrowding to the point of danger, it was resolved on the 2nd day (to an extent) and didn't ruin the enjoyment. I've been to a bunch of festivals in the past and getting older B&B accomodation is the way forward.

Nick Cave, Fontaines DC, Shame, Pavement, Idles and pretty much any Spanish girl band with loud guitars were the highlight. Absolutely going again as long as the line-up persists in being relatively excellent.

I saw Tim Burgess knowing none of his solo stuff and depsite him being pretty great on twitter, all his songs sound like theme tunes to kids TV shows, it was terrible in an amusing way. Straight after that saw Einsturdenzende NeuBauten, which couldn't have been a more extreme shift. Only band I was looking forward to that disappointed were The National, I really like about three albums, but found the majority of their set list incredibly dull.
  • Incredible respect for Nick Cave performing, despite the death of his son. What a colossus of a man. Must have been quite the thing to behold.
  • I think this maybe one o fmy greatest moments at a festival. Mark E Smith doing his Gorillaz song, going to the wrong mic, getting all the words wrong, and just stumbling around like a leper, however it improves on the original greatly:

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not a Festival as such, but we're going to the Hacienda 40th Birthday at The Warehouse Project tomorrow. I haven't been clubbing clubbing for about 20 years, I'm not sure my body is ready for this.

Main people I want to catch are Jon Dasilva, Graeme Park, A Guy Called Gerald, Happy Mondays and Orbital. Anything else a bonus.

My lasting memories of The Hac are from around 1996/7 just before it closed. The downstairs area was the scariest place I've ever set foot in, and the doormen had their car set on fire. We stopped going at that point and it closed for good shortly after due to a shooting.

I'm hoping tomorrow is slightly less violent.
  • 20230123-110710.jpg

Not sure about Grace Jones and that Max guy, but the rest seems legit. Pavement and Leftfield on the same bill? Gadzooks!
  • Max Richter is fucking amazing.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'd love to see Tinarwien, Pavement, Roisin Murphy, Leftfield, Young Fathers... then the announcement trails off into stuff that will be there, rather than acts. Unless Jedi Lightsaber Training is a band. I wonder what Legz Akimbo is?
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Not sure about Grace Jones and that Max guy, but the rest seems legit. Pavement and Leftfield on the same bill? Gadzooks!

That's an excellent line up.  I saw Grace Jones at a festival once, almost by accident having thought I wasn't that interested - she was absolutely amazing. She knows how to put on a show.
  • This might be my chance to catch Roisins eye, where she realises I'm just the chap for her and i leave my wife and children for a tempestuous 9 month love affair.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!