Nintendo Switch
  • btw, has anyone here for fifa? I suppose I should get around to playing it before it's obsolete with a newer version.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Tempy wrote:
    I know what a cantrip and a caltrop is but only one of them comes from me being a huge nerd
    They were talking on Bombcasy about what a glaive was and I was all like How Do You Not Know That Shit? but, yes, nerdy

Honestly Krull ruined Glaive for me for a good few years.
  • Also I got Tetris Vs Puyo Puyo for my secret santa present. (Thank you moot) 

It's good, it's mainly good because it's a) tetris and b) a game I can play in short bursts unlike the other rpg type games i've got (apart from fifa). 
    My puIt's a mashup of both games, so you can play them separately or together. I'm adjusting to the controls as i'm used to keyboard but it's good to get into it again and if anyone has it i'd happily play some multiplayer. My puyo game needs alot of work, i'm still figuring out how to "stair" properly but i'll get there.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I don't know what a glaive or a cantrip is.
  • A glaive is a throwing weapon created by strapping five single edged blades to poles arranged in a star formation.

A cantrip is a phrase that reads the same forwards or backwards, used in celtic mythology to deter cats.  The reverse of a cantrip (any phrase that attracts or stimulates cats) is a catnip.
  • Tin, a Glaive is a bladed polearm weapon. You have been Krull’d.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Tin, a Glaive is a bladed polearm weapon. You have been Krull’d.

Next you'll be telling me that cantrips aren't really used to deter cats.
  • I didn’t read that far shhh
  • I had no knowledge of cantrip beyond it's D&D usage, top work Tin for some of the history behind the word.  And yes I am a massive nerd.
  • Does anyone know what kind of discounts are standard for dlc, and if it's a regular thing? I've noticed Octo Splat is 20% off at the moment, but only because I clicked on the main game in the sale. I'm definitely after it at some point but is hoping for 50% on dlc fanciful?
  • Some good sales on today unless you buy everything Nintendo in which case nothing is really on sale.

Ooh, examples?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 1-2 switch £28, Mario Kart £33. Splatoon 2 30% off, can't remember the price.
  • Basically it’s everything (more or less) Nintendo has done on the Switch except fucking Kirby which is the only one I don’t have and want.  It’s been patched into a better game than that which launched apparently.
  • Basically it’s everything (more or less) Nintendo has done on the Switch except fucking Kirby which is the only one I don’t have and want.  It’s been patched into a better game than that which launched apparently.

Now that they’ve reached saturation point

Thanks for nothing
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well the switch has been amazing On holiday but I’ve noticed, annoyingly that the dock has picked up some scratches.. it looks hard wearing or id of wrapped it inn something- I guess some one is doing stickers to cover the outside ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Considering there's decals for everything else I would imagine so.
  • Is anyone playing the Rabbids challenge competition?

I thought I’d give the original game a repurchase again as it’s on fairly cheap on the Eshop and this was happening.

https://rabbids.ubisoft.com/portal/en-us/news/152-341556-16/community-competition-roadmap
  • do I need to finish it first?
  • I don’t think so. You open the challenges from the washing machine. Not sure if you use your team though, which might mean being top level.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Am I right that you can use any set of bluetooth headphones now with an adapter? B has bought a guitar.
  • As far as I'm aware, you've always been able to use any set of Bluetooth headphones with an adaptor.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I thought there were some problems with that but I could be wrong. Will read up on it.
  • Dabbled with my two extremes of Nintendo AAA today.  

Octo Expansion is the absolute best.  Only played six or seven missions but this is one of the greatest things on the machine.  Please let it have bosses.  

Smash on the other hand, yeesh.  The adventure mode stage where winds blow alternately from left to right was a whiffer.  The core of the experience just feels dodgy, like everything's based on a rumble minigame that was added to another game as an afterthought.
  • For smash, you're supposed to use your spirits to cancel effects of levels. I think this means you have to constantly adjust your comfort zone set ups.

Additionally: a large part of the experience, I reckon, is about buying into the jokes.
  • It has an auto sort for the spirits, which I presume gives you a decent set-up, so I've been doing that before every battle.  There's an experience to be had for sure, the amount of content is insane, the battling just doesn't do it for me.  I suppose it's a bit like how many gamers hate the way Sonic platformers play - they just don't like the feel of the game.  So a SegaSonic ultimate megamix everyone's here platform love-in would struggle to appeal to those people, even if they loved all the nods and winks, based on the way it played.  It really doesn't help that my daughter has bounced off it harder than I have, I'm the one trying to give it a fair go at this stage.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So I bought a new micro SD card for my Switch, as the 32gb one it came with was getting full. Following the instructions here, I got to the stage where you copy the data to your desktop, but Windows 10 kept throwing a hissy fit. Borrowing a Mac, the data copied across no problem*. Righto. Just thought it'd be worth posting in case someone else has issues copying data from one SD to another. It might not be the new SD card is borked, it may be that your computer is just refusing to copy it for some arcane reason.

*Well, it's in the process of copying now. Fingers crossed.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Fuck's sake. So Mac OS copied things in bits and pieces, throwing up error messages, but dragging and dropping uncopied folders into the right places seemed to work. Putting the new SD card into the Switch and it says it needs an update to read SDXC cards. Fair enough. The update takes a few seconds, but now the Switch is saying the SD card is unreadable. This is moronic. How is copying data from one SD card to another difficult in 20-fucking-19?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Maybe your SD card is "borked" after all.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Entirely possible.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!