#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Tales of Vesperia DE is out tomorrow too. I’m trying to resist.
    Get schwifty.
  • I may trade in for the marioes.
  • This new super Mario release highlights the problem in videogames (me specifically but I think for others). It's a game I finished on Wii u but really enjoyed so picking it up seems like a thing. But I have so many games to play (many that I'm enjoying as is) that to add a new game, let alone a retro game that I've completed (granted not 100% ) is stupidity of the highest order.

Damn consumer addiction. I still want it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I never played the Luigi Bros DLC so that'll be my reason for double dipping when I eventually do, I've already sold the Wii U version.

On a side note I only have 3 Wii U games now, 3D World and the 2 HD Zelda's. Like the Dreamcast its become a console I loved that has become increasingly redundant due to re-releases.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'll probably pick it up for co-op at some point, didn't give it a fair go on Wii U, got rid within a month or so.  I still think it's hideous visually, but I've got Switch fever innit.

I've got a bit of a bee in my bonnet regarding the New series.

It's easy to forget the first one came out on the DS way back at the beginning of 2D games making their big come back. It was perfect for back then.

Then we had the Wii one, riding off the huge success of the DS one, why not stick with a winning formula? They did and added 4 player and again, perfect. Another huge success.

Then the problems came imo.

2 and U came out in the same year, fatigue set in and being based off a 2D game on the DS from 2006 its style started to look a bit off. Nintendolife summed it up well in their review of Deluxe: Here, the Mushroom Kingdom often feels like a rainbow diorama with the atmosphere sucked out.

It really was in need of a redesign by this point, and the reason I'm so frustrated is because U is genuinely really bloody good.

Even the naming conventions are fucked;
    New - that was fine, it had been well over 10 years since a 2D Mario, it made sense.
    New Wii - bit shit but I'll let them get away with it in the same vein as Super and 64 for everything on SNES/N64.
    New 2 - WFT? Isn't this 3? Or is it First Blood Part II? Rambo III? A fucking embarrassing mess.
    New U - Oh dear
    New U Deluxe - Fuck right off!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The Wii U still has a couple of good tricks - the Wario drawing game and Nintendo land are both nice unique games.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • On a side note I only have 3 Wii U games now, 3D World and the 2 HD Zelda's. Like the Dreamcast its become a console I loved that has become increasingly redundant due to re-releases.

I have those and also Mario Maker and Wonderful 101. Not much then!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Also it was never gonna happen with the modern Nintendo but New Super Mario All-Stars with all 4 would have been awesome.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

I’m probably going to crumble. Crumble with me, elf.
    Get schwifty.
  • Nintendolife summed it up well in their review of Deluxe: Here, the Mushroom Kingdom often feels like a rainbow diorama with the atmosphere sucked out.

I was hoping they'd add a reskin option for the deluxe release, which doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility.  Isn't there an option to present all Mario Maker stages as different eras, which includes the NSMBU style?  I guess it was unnecessary man hours to shift units, but it would've been nice (full price for a 6yr old game + dlc is Bad Price).
  • Raiziel wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

I’m probably going to crumble. Crumble with me, elf.

I'm close to crumble myself just for the portable angle.

Thing is I brought the game for PS4, even brought 2 extra cheap wired Hori pads so I could play it with my eldest 3.

Never bothered.

On reflection I think that was the mo, I finally killed my fomo ref games and my buying habits. Been pretty good since then & it needs to continue. Throw in the fact I will not start another JRPG until I finish Octopath(2 chapter 4's left & whatever happens after that) I think my resolve will stay strong.... hopefully.

• I always get the tales and skies of arcadia mixed up.. could they port skies of arcadia please?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I played & still own Skies of Arcadia. From my fading, hazy memory, probably one of the hardest Jrpgs I've ever finished & I believe the Dreamcast version was even harder, as the GC version had a few quality-of-life tweaks.

Enjoyed the game, loved the story & setting, but don't think I would double dip again(thinking about, probably would never double dip on any jrpg again that I had finished if I'm honest) even if it came with tat. Would play a new one tho in a heartbeat.
  • Got as far as flying the ship through some weird cloudy bit but could never find what I was supposed to be looking for and annoyingly kept getting hit up for random battles whilst searching.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Probably one of the best Sega games I never finished.  I drifted away after 24hrs (Dreamcast needing to go off for repairs midway didn't help), but it was very good.  That was my last JRPG though, so it must've broke something in me.  The frequency of the random battles in the original version was ridiculous.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I crumbled.

Skies of Arcadia is something I’d love to see on Switch. I loved what I played (even though the encounter rate was punishing) but I never got close to finishing it. Would be a day one purchase if it ever saw the light of day.
    Get schwifty.
  • Anybody play Rain World? Always liked the look of it but no one ever talked about it. It's out on switch now.
  • A port of Dragons Dogma has been announced for the Switch.  A port of a seven year old game.   Now I loved the original way back when, but this is now getting ridiculous.  After Skyrim and Diablo, we now get Capcom's 'classic' rpg.  When the heck are going to get some original rpg's for the system?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m not complaining. I bought it (twice I think) but for whatever reason never got around to playing it. There’s a much better chance I’ll get to it on Switch.
    Get schwifty.
  • Anybody play Rain World? Always liked the look of it but no one ever talked about it. It's out on switch now.

I read enough to know not to buy it. High difficulty (possibly unfairly so) with poor check-pointing, IIRC. Pity because it looks really cool.
  • And something about even being able to lose progress, which made it sound rather broken.

No, but I've nearly bought it more times than anything else on PSN (other than Butcher and Ronin), not that this information helps.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    A port of Dragons Dogma has been announced for the Switch.  A port of a seven year old game.   Now I loved the original way back when, but this is now getting ridiculous.  After Skyrim and Diablo, we now get Capcom's 'classic' rpg.  When the heck are going to get some original rpg's for the system?

I'm all for more of this.. there's loads of games I'm never going to get to play on a regular system.. Diablo being one of them, that I'll be able to spend time with on Switch.

Bring it on. Port the Batman games, Port Dishonored, port them all.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The information I posted above Bob's comment helps even less now that I've realised I meant Risk of Rain.
  • Risk of Rain is a roguelike specifically meant for co-op. Bullet dodged Moot.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Pride is way too high for my liking otherwise I’d be onto it like a mofo.

Seconded. Way too expensive for an enhanced port. I'd happily throw £20 at them, £30 at a push.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:

Ooh. Nice.

On the subject of Skies of Arcadia, I loved it. Don't remember it being hard, but saying that I never did finish it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Tempy wrote:
    Risk of Rain is a roguelike specifically meant for co-op. Bullet dodged Moot.

It's the co-op part that tempts me every time it hits a sale but you're right about the bullet; the chances of me and retroking liking it are slim.
  • AJ wrote:
    Anybody play Rain World? Always liked the look of it but no one ever talked about it. It's out on switch now.

I read enough to know not to buy it. High difficulty (possibly unfairly so) with poor check-pointing, IIRC. Pity because it looks really cool.

Dang.

Risk of Rain is fun though

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!