Nintendo Switch
  • I think ARMS is actually the best game on the Switch.

There.

I fucking said it.
  • You’re wrong but I admire you’re enthusiasm
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I get the argument for Arms being the best game, certainly not my favorite
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Ok so I linked my Nintendo ID with my daughters lite and now it thinks it’s me.

Are my options to either
    1) remove the linked ID, create her one (I have an email address for her) and then link that?
    2) or just create a new profile on the lite?

Basically I want to make sure I can play animal crossing with her when it’s out. We will have two copies of the game so that’s fine.

Advice please
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Not sure about it, as the Nintendo ID and account thing is one of the most confusing things that exist. My mother in law managed to completely mess it up when she tried to get a Switch Online Family thing going.

I wouldn't remove the account linked to your ID, just to be save (mil managed to do that and now she can't link it back to her own account. She's also not the best in explaining so I'm still not sure what happened).

Just make a new Nintendo ID for your daughter on the Nintendo website, and set up a new account on her Switch and link her own ID . Afaik you can always change the name of the one on the Switch.

It doesn't matter which account on the Switch buys anything, everyone can play that game, even if it's a different region. Switch Online is bound to an account though, so you might need to get that for her as well if Animal Crossing needs it.
  • Ok so I don’t quite remember how I’ve done it but I’ve managed to make her a Nintendo ID and make it a child account. Win I think
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Finally taking the plunge and getting a Switch next week (well, the kids are pooling their Xmas vouchers and cash hoard and I'm chipping in some too). Getting the full version, not the Lite one and so I'm looking for advice on essentials.

Kids want Zelda and I'm looking to get Slay the Spire. I'd also love Witcher 3 but Jesus suffering fuck it's expensive - as, it seems, is everything on this. Is the switch shop any cheaper for digital versions of games? I don't know how Nintendo continues to be able to sell software at 2-3 times the price of any other console.

Any ideas for good Multiplayer games?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Switch shop is usually more expensive for full fat games unfortunately.   

Heave-Ho is a must for multiplayer.  You'll have two pads out the box, but stumping up for a second set of JoyCons would bump you to four.  

Towerfall Ascension is an mp worldie, Speedrunners is coming.  Plus it has the Jackbox party packs.  

Mario Party is good fun with a full quota of players, despite a distinct lack of content.  

I'll check my Switch library for other suggestions at lunch.
  • Heave-Ho is a good shout, as Moot says. I'd also recommend Overcooked 2 (1 is good, too). Both great multiplayer games.
  • Mario Kart as well!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Looking at my library:

Two player tandem mode in Trials Rising is, believe it or not, great fun regardless of whether the players are any good at the game or not.  But you'd be better off with any other console version if you're playing on a TV though (Switch port is merely functional).  

Super Mario Bros U supports four players iirc.  As does Kirby Star Allies, but I struggled to enjoy that one.  Depends how young your kids are. 

Mario Kart 8 is great in split screen, even with four.  

Mario Tennis Aces is underrated imo. 

I'd like to recommend Smash Bros but I can't because it's shiiiiiiiit.

Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time is half price until....shit, today is the last day.  Great with four players though.    

I haven't played Nidhogg 2 yet, but it's available on Switch.
  • Also, I won't double dip on it but the split screen race mode that's been added to the Switch version of Super Meat Boy looks superb.  

• I’d suggest snipper clips - which is exclusive to switch. Mario Tennis is also great.
  • Turbo chase horizon is great if you like arcade racers
    The Witcher is essential.
    Physical copies of games seem to hold their value incredibly well.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Don't think I can justify £50-£60 for Witcher when I've already practically played it to death on xbox, as much as I'd like to.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Golf Story!!!

Also yeah don't get Smash Bros until you really have to. Kart & Golf much better. Snipperclips is a treat of a game.
  • Get Golf Story, its great. 
    Dark Souls. Get Dark Souls.
    Oh and Stardew Valley.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Mario maker has infinite content
  • Witcher was £35 (physical) on Amazon pre xmas, sure it will come down in price again
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looks like FutureGrind is having a huge discount, bringing it under £$2. I know both JonB and Moot enjoyed it, and it looks good. I had my eye on it before but other games won.

They're discounting it because they didn't sell as well as they hoped, and now just want more people to play it.

@Gremill, think Switch also has some board games, like Catan and Carcassonne, could be fun in multiplayer but I can't tell as B is no fun. Think if you buy the DLC for Tetris 99 (base comes with switch online, dlc is $9,99 I think) you get a 2p mode as well.
  • I got Futuregrind in a 90% off sale as well. About £1.50 I think. It's a shame they if they had to do that, but TBH I doubt I would've heard of it otherwise.
  • I grabbed it last time too, £1.37 rings a bell.  I seriously doubt that'll be beaten this gen as fair as bargains go.  I have seen Hollow Knight for £5.50 now and then though.
  • I can't see the price but The End is Nigh is on sale too.  It's near enough on par with Celeste and Meat Boy imo, and I think Muzzy rated it a little higher than I did.  Might be one for Jon.  It's disgustingly difficult but very rewarding.
  • I enjoyed 198X but just in case anyone's thinking of a day one punt it's not really worth £8.99. Credits are rolling and I don't think I played it for much more than an hour. It's super stylish but the actual gameplay segments max out at a 6/10 standard. I'll probably give it a 7 when I review it because it's the sort of thing I've been asking for for years, but I'd advise anyone not chomping at the bit for a nu retro story driven compendium to wait for a discount.
  • 'Shmuproidvania twin stick run 'n gun platformer' Rive is on sale again.  

Skip to 10.39 for the bang on bottom line:

So good I played it twice, easily one of my top 15 games this gen.
  • Done a Nintendo survey about saints row 3 to get 30 platinum points..

What are platinum points?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Never heard of them.  If I had to guess I'd say it'll give you 30p of EShop money.
  • Perfect, Muzzy can probably recommend something to spend that on.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm no moot
  • No, platinum points are useless. They give you useless shit like... dunno, download a new hat for Mario Odyssey or some shit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!