Nintendo Switch
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Thoughts on Limbo? It's £2.24 in this sale.
    Great game.
    Not as good as Inside. But for £2, go for it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep, if you can play Inside, do it. Otherwise Limbo is great
  • They're both on sale so I just got them both.  Cheers fellas.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I thought Limbo was overrated but for £2 it's worth ticking off the bucket list.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Battle brothers coming to switch next month.
    Never played it but it looks my sort of thing - anyone tried it?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I have that big box chonker edition and it's amazing. Think I bought it whilst pissed in my local tesco trying to get a ready meal for dinner.
    For some reason I have memories of you trying to buy this... Was I there?!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I have that big box chonker edition and it's amazing. Think I bought it whilst pissed in my local tesco trying to get a ready meal for dinner.
    For some reason I have memories of you trying to buy this... Was I there?!

I think so
  • I remember stumbling through that Tesco buying more beers
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Imagine buying a special edition Zelda in a tesco nowadays.
  • They couldn’t have been selling many of them in 2011.
  • Meh (for Limbo)
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Downloaded the Capcom arcade thing with the free game - 1943 - an old school shmup.

It seems OK (and it should be for a game this old). The game itself is a nice game but I'm looking at its performance (lag etc.) The big question with these things is always how good the emulation is. Shmup heads are getting their expectations raised by top drawer shmup ports by M2. This isn't that but M2 ports are not compilations like this and can be close to full price games - you need to be a fan to fork out for them (which I did for the Darius collection which is a splendid example of M2 doing things right).

Would be interesting to see how Gigawing plays which is a later game and throws a lot of stuff around the screen. The replication of the arcade slowdown in a game like that is pretty vital.

The rewind feature raised an eyebrow but it isn't available in time attack mode which is where you upload scores to leader boards. So it's a splendid practice tool - better than save states - and doesn't compromise uploaded high scores.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I downloaded that too.

Also pick up Huntdown and The Ninja Saviors in the sale... and pre-ordered Mario Golf and Skyward Sword with the two £84 vouchers.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • What's the eshop golf price? Sorry for my laziness.
  • If you order Skyward sword I’m gunna say £42
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Golf is £50 for digital.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I downloaded that too. Also pick up Huntdown and The Ninja Saviors in the sale... and pre-ordered Mario Golf and Skyward Sword with the two £84 vouchers.

Vouchers?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • If you have Nintendo switch online you can buy a voucher on the eShop for 84 pounds that lets you buy two first party games (basically) within 12months.
  • Blizzard Collection has just dropped, contains;

The Lost Vikings
    Blackthorn
    Rock N Roll Racing

Costs £17, so not terrible but one for the watch list to await a sake for me.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blizzard Collection has just dropped, contains;

The Lost Vikings
    Blackthorn
    Rock N Roll Racing

Costs £17, so not terrible but one for the watch list to await a sake for me.

I like all three, but gertoutahere £17. Tell me when it's sub £10.
  • Yep, tbf though £5.XX is probably less than the going rate for indies/retro games of similar quality.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Also a shame its missing The Lost Vikings 2.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I couldn't resist, got it for Rock N Roll Racing, haven't really played the others.

RnR Definitive is a bit surreal with the proper music tracks rather than the chip tunes (you can switch back to chip tunes if you like).  The commentator says more stuff too.  Again, I'm not sure I like that either.  Probably should have just played the SNES version (which is included) lol.  Love the game though and it's a good fit for the Switch with its short races.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • If you have Nintendo switch online you can buy a voucher on the eShop for 84 pounds that lets you buy two first party games (basically) within 12months.

Ah thanks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I downloaded that too.

Also pick up Huntdown and The Ninja Saviors in the sale... and pre-ordered Mario Golf and Skyward Sword with the two £84 vouchers.

Long shot but I'd be up for Ninja Saviors if it has online co-op

• Capcom Arcade Station has a ton of available content and isn't skullfuckingly overpriced if you want the lot, so it gets a thumbs up in certain respects, but the viewing window is weird. Default it a representation of a CRT in an arcade cab, or you can have black borders, a yikes stretched image and so on, but you can't seem to have a decent sized 4:3 display,. It's always either a bit small on the Switch screen or hideously large.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's always either a bit small or hideously large.

Thats what she said...
    SFV - reddave360
  • So, I played through the first mission of the Project Triangle demo. Huge potential to be really, really good. Hard to gauge how much you can influence character skills but the graphics are absolutely beautiful and I really like what I played. I'd love it if they really doubled down on allowing you to control the battlefield through erecting ice walls and the like, though I doubt they'll lean too far that way. But there is just soooo much talking. I was skipping it as I only wanted to test out the battle system and even on fast forward it took an eternity to get into a mission...

Sadly I’ll never know as the umpteen screens of text before you get to actually play anything bored the pants off me,
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Capcom Arcade Station has a ton of available content and isn't skullfuckingly overpriced if you want the lot, so it gets a thumbs up in certain respects, but the viewing window is weird. Default it a representation of a CRT in an arcade cab, or you can have black borders, a yikes stretched image and so on, but you can't seem to have a decent sized 4:3 display,. It's always either a bit small on the Switch screen or hideously large.

The display options have garnered some criticism and the "in the cab" view creates frameskip problems. I noticed a bit of jitter in 1943 even with all that switched off. Control is smooth but the enemy movement made an occasional jitter. So the emulation is questionable. Even at the low price I would want to hear about a patch if I was to spend any money on it though it could be down to just resolution and scaling. I've heard that the two stars of the shmups in this collection - Progear and Gigawing - have frame skipping issues.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Is there any easy way either on the website or on the switch to
    See my wish list?
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!