Nintendo Switch
  • In the shop if you go to the top right and select your profile the option for it is in there. No idea why its not in the main shop menu.
  • On the website it's Nintendo eshop (on the side bar), scroll down a bit, then wishlist.
    Or click on profile -> settings -> shop menu -> wishlist.

The first one's the quick one.
  • Bob wrote:
    So, I played through the first mission of the Project Triangle demo. Huge potential to be really, really good. Hard to gauge how much you can influence character skills but the graphics are absolutely beautiful and I really like what I played. I'd love it if they really doubled down on allowing you to control the battlefield through erecting ice walls and the like, though I doubt they'll lean too far that way. But there is just soooo much talking. I was skipping it as I only wanted to test out the battle system and even on fast forward it took an eternity to get into a mission...
    Sadly I’ll never know as the umpteen screens of text before you get to actually play anything bored the pants off me,
    Yep. I used fast forward and it still look an excessive amount of time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ordered Zelda off Shopto. As I got that gold status thing it cost me £40, which at least is a bit better.

Had a peek on ebay and copies of the Wii game with the OST are going for £20-25. If you want that gold Wiimote it's £70 for your cheek.
  • Thanks guys
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Ordered Zelda off Shopto. As I got that gold status thing it cost me £40, which at least is a bit better.

Had a peek on ebay and copies of the Wii game with the OST are going for £20-25. If you want that gold Wiimote it's £70 for your cheek.

I’m a sucker for the ease of Amazon, but it’s starting to really piss me off.

Pre-ordered 3D World x Bowser’s Fury and it came to £50. Less than one week later, it’s £40.

They basically worked out that suckers like me order things in advance (through them, at least) and are taxing my loyalty/stupidity.

Yes, they can claim I got the steel book version and the £40 one is basic, but come on.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If only there was an easy way round this problem...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

I’m a sucker for the ease of Amazon, but it’s starting to really piss me off.

Pre-ordered 3D World x Bowser’s Fury and it came to £50. Less than one week later, it’s £40.

They basically worked out that suckers like me order things in advance (through them, at least) and are taxing my loyalty/stupidity.

Yes, they can claim I got the steel book version and the £40 one is basic, but come on.

I got that steelbook from Shopto - was still £40. Might be worth a swap?
  • Cheers.

I’m just doing a bit of that now. I’ve shifted my MoHun Rise to That Game Collection for £43, rather than £50. That’s the next one out for me.

I think the difference is that Amazon don’t charge until dispatch - meaning I can queue up as many games as I like, without dropping it all in one go!

If I shift them all over now, I’ll be spending a good £150.
  • Amazon tend to refund me or change the price for me if the price drops after I have preordered. ???
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Amazon tend to refund me or change the price for me if the price drops after I have preordered. ???

Do you have to ask?

They’ll give you the lowest price if it drops during the pre-order window, but I’ve never had a discount if the price drops straight after release.
  • Oh didn’t realise you meant after release. No, I’d never get anything back after release! But I never check either.

It’s a practice you probably see a lot. Keep higher price for early adopters and then drop it to normal profit margin price for the rest of the punters. Suckers like me fall for it cos I have to have some games on release or a steelbook etc.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Cheers.

I’m just doing a bit of that now. I’ve shifted my MoHun Rise to That Game Collection for £43, rather than £50. That’s the next one out for me.

I think the difference is that Amazon don’t charge until dispatch - meaning I can queue up as many games as I like, without dropping it all in one go!

You can hit a check box on shopto so they don't charge until dispatch.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Oh didn’t realise you meant after release. No, I’d never get anything back after release! But I never check either.

It’s a practice you probably see a lot. Keep higher price for early adopters and then drop it to normal profit margin price for the rest of the punters. Suckers like me fall for it cos I have to have some games on release or a steelbook etc.

And I’m comfortable with it, but not less than a week after release and by £10 too.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Cheers.

You can hit a check box on shopto so they don't charge until dispatch.

Cheers, Reg. That’s helpful and maybe it’s time for me to shift my normal retailer.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Skyward Sword HD is already running out of pre-order allocation on Amazon US so it seems like people are still gagging for it at £50 (or whatever Amazon US is charging in dollars).
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It’s the one Zelda I haven’t played. I’ll be in.
  • Can't remember if I pre-ordered Monster Hunter Rise before so I've just pre-ordered again with ShopTo for £42.

If I have two copies arrive I'll be offering up one on here!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I bought the gold box Skyward Sword at launch, but it was more out of habit (because it’s Zelda) than anything else.  I disliked waggle so much by then that I didn’t even open it.  I still have it, it’s still sealed.  Looking at the footage of the game in the direct it just doesn’t look like a good Zelda to me, so I’m out this time.

Just preordered Bravely Default 2 from The Game Collection though.  First game I’ve preordered in an age.  Woohoo!
    Get schwifty.
  • I too bought the wavy controller edition, mainly as it was during the time hmv hadn't yet amended their staff discount policy to only 15% on games, so I got 30% off. And I could order it for myself. So it was a no brainer.

I done the first main area and that's it. Think I sold it a while back.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Did anyone get the Octopath fancy edition? Did you feel like it was worth it? I'm umming and ahhing because I really need to knuckle down and buy a copy of Octopath but can't decide whether to eBay the fancy edition or just give up and get the normal one.
  • Yeah - I just got it out then to have a look at.  The pop up book is pretty cool (it's novel and suits the game) but honestly this is the first time I've opened it since I bought it.  I reckon it could do with a soundtrack and art book.  That said the packaging looks good on the shelf and I don't regret the purchase.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Does anyone not think it's just a little weird that Nintendo haven't even acknowledged the 35th anniversary for Zelda?? I mean WTF.
  • Does anyone not think it's just a little weird that Nintendo haven't even acknowledged the 35th anniversary for Zelda?? I mean WTF.
    Almost like 35 years isn't a particularly important anniversary
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah - I just got it out then to have a look at.  The pop up book is pretty cool (it's novel and suits the game) but honestly this is the first time I've opened it since I bought it.  I reckon it could do with a soundtrack and art book.  That said the packaging looks good on the shelf and I don't regret the purchase.
    Yep, I got it as well. The pop up book is cute but I flicked through it once then on the shelf it went.

Read a comment this morning that said as it's Mario's anniversary until March it's likely that they are waiting for that to finish before starting the "celebration" of Zelda
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That makes no sense though? They did it last year on the date for Mario so why not with Zelda this year?

Well they did it with Mario.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Mario and Zelda anniversaries are quite close together, they probably just want to space them out a bit. It's a bit obnoxious to have two sets of limited time releases breathing down each other's necks - people have to budget and such.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!