Nintendo Switch
  • I still find it crazy they've not even mentioned it though.
  • The Mario year ends at exactly 31 March so they’ll probably go all out with the other Zelda remakes and maybe the 35th anniversary after that date.

I bet they didn’t even want to announce skyward sword but the zero news of BotW2 would have been conspicuous.
  • Big bodybuilding forum energy brewing here
  • The Mario year ends at exactly 31 March so they’ll probably go all out with the other Zelda remakes and maybe the 35th anniversary after that date.

I bet they didn’t even want to announce skyward sword but the zero news of BotW2 would have been conspicuous.

I too share this opinion
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think Skyward Sword is a bit like 3D World in that it's clearly being released for the anniversary but is also ambiguous in that it isn't one of the Special Anniversary Products™.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Big bodybuilding forum energy brewing here

If I celebrate Zelda's anniversary every other day, I'll be celebrating it 4-5 times a week, is that too often?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What about Ocarina of Time in original NES style presentation?  :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Does anyone not think it's just a little weird that Nintendo haven't even acknowledged the 35th anniversary for Zelda?? I mean WTF.
    Almost like 35 years isn't a particularly important anniversary
    Well they did it with Mario.
    Sorry wasn't questioning you, I just find this "35th anniversary celebrations" a joke.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • davyK wrote:

They made breath of the wild in NES style as a demo.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    They made breath of the wild in NES style as a demo.

OOhh.. Nice.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    It’s almost like Nintendo align their anniversaries with their financial years. I’m going to emulate one of their games to show them. Good chance I’ve bought it 3 times already.
    Things can only get better.
  • Does anyone not think it's just a little weird that Nintendo haven't even acknowledged the 35th anniversary for Zelda?? I mean WTF.
    Almost like 35 years isn't a particularly important anniversary
    Well they did it with Mario.
    Sorry wasn't questioning you, I just find this "35th anniversary celebrations" a joke.

I got a feeling the whole Mario 35th thing was to go in line with the Tokyo Olympics, with Mario in quite a prominent role, maybe even the Mascot? The Japanese Prime Minister dressed as Mario in the handover during the closing ceremony in 2016 after all.

What with COVID, the 35th Anniversary fell on its arse slightly.

I don't think we should necessarily be expecting a 35th Zelda celebration, just because we got a Mario one.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If a Zelda 35th Anniversary means we get Wind Waker on Switch then I positively demand it this instant.
    Get schwifty.
  • Where’s my 35th anniversary Metroid 2D Allstars, Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered, Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid Game and Watch?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm looking back at the Mario Direct and there's no Zelda equivalent of some of the stuff like Mario Kart Home Circuit, Lego Mario etc. but I'd be shocked if we didn't see some kind of line-up of products. The Game & Watch is generic enough to be retooled, they have credibly rumoured re-releases to announce, etc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is a bigger shambles than the Year of Luigi.

At least I got a coin from that
  • Raiziel wrote:
    If a Zelda 35th Anniversary means we get Wind Waker on Switch then I positively demand it this instant.

What you want is a software drought. They’ll celebrate the 37th anniversary with some nonsense about how it is the 35th anniversary of the game in cartridge form or some bollocks if the remakes fill a gap in the line up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There is a software drought. We need a sales drought.
  • Nobody is placing wind Waker to fill a sales drought.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Have you seen the preorders on Skyward Sword?

Skyward Sword. If this is what it is like in the "good times" imagine the fever in the down times.
  • This is a good point but at least that has novelty. And remember when they went all out (well at least on the accessories) on Wind Waker? Like a lead balloon.

And now Tempy is in business. Woof.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Ninty's stuff just keeps on selling. MK8 still in top 10 last week. Their big fear is releasing too much and not wringing every penny out of their IP by creating competition between some of their IPs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wait. It was the Wii game? That was the biggest selling system they ever had!

Wind Waker is a mad one, you are absolutely right. Also Tempy is on mad Switch grind. Hustle.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Ninty's stuff just keeps on selling. MK8 still in top 10 last week. Their big fear is releasing too much and not wringing every penny out of their IP by creating competition between some of their IPs.

I guess this is the thing. What do you do, tell people not to buy Mario Kart 8? It's a good game, Brent.
  • First time round back in the day I bounced off Burnout Paradise. This time I am loving it. Such a great game mechanic and feeling to the driving. And the whole open world just becomes an endless loop. I am loving it.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • First time round back in the day I bounced off Burnout Paradise. This time I am loving it. Such a great game mechanic and feeling to the driving. And the whole open world just becomes an endless loop. I am loving it.

I’ve just bought it on switch

The Forum Herald™
  • I think the 35th anniversary thing is just because it's a round ish number that happens to fall during the life cycle of their current console.

30th would have been too early, 40th too late.  So we get 35th.  Not because it's special but because it's here.

I also agree with the idea that they don't want to overlap too much with the Mario/Zelda stuff. My guess is that we'll see more Zelda later in the year.
  • I’ve said it a good few pages back but the reason they decided 35 was a thing worth celebrating was because it tied in with the initial plan of Tokyo Olympics, the launch of Nintendo world and filled a gap in the schedule.  To presume Zelda would get a similar 35 year treatment is just madness.  Complete madness.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Super Sentai franchise had its big anniversary blow-out in its 35th year. They seem quite content to celebrate 35th anniversaries over there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!