Nintendo Switch
  • And also act as the computer that runs the games?!

I mean. Don't you think it's interesting that it's a system that broadens playing fun shit off the tv screen?

Also don't forget that you can pick the thing up and play a game virtually Anywhere. That's the main thing.
  • Things that would be good:

Spotify not least for custom playlists while playing / on the go.
    Netflix obviously.
    Local MP off a single cart.
    Downloady games at sensible prices
    GC VC
  • Well, you'll probably get Netflix.
  • I'd imagine you'll get some form of single cart local mp, albeit a barebones mode of sorts.  I'd be surprised if they didn't add GC to the Virtual Console (probably at a rate of 4 titles per year and £18+ each).
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Because they've fucked up their pricing and general strategy and could do with regaining some good will.

Yes and no. My nephew is very keen on one (he's 9, had a wii, has a ps4) and by all accounts they've sold quite a few as pre-order. I imagine there is little value making the changes now, but come the summer we get the bundles etc. and maybe even a re-evaluation of other issues. At the moment they are probably in an ok position.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Aye. They need to sort this stuff out by Xmas. It really doesn't matter atm. The online stuff isn't even ready yet anyway.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Looks like they will sell through anyway so no issues with pricing.
    Is this because they've decided to only build 500 units per territory?
    Also US price seems to be reasonable so at least partly sterling tanking is to blame.
    How do the prices in the States compare to PS4/Xbone?
  • Thought they were selling a few million

Dunno.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Local MP off a single cart.

The only proper way to do that is to allow the game to be downloaded onto the guest console, with the cartridged host authenticating it for play. But they'd have to be absolutely sure that this authentication only worked for ad-hoc multiplayer modes. It's feasible, though, with some form of in-play key-exchange system for randomised security.

Otherwise, any lag at all for the guest would be too much.
  • It worked fine on the 3DS
  • Why would this have to be different from the bluetooth type system they've had for ages?
  • Depends on how much data needs to be transferred I suppose.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Did you know that the neon Joy-Cons included in the console bundle are the opposite colours to the ones available as a set? You do now.

4scrmax1.jpg

NintendoSwitch_hardware_Joy_Con_08.jpg
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    Did you know that the neon Joy-Cons included in the console bundle are the opposite colours to the ones available as a set? You do now. 4scrmax1.jpg NintendoSwitch_hardware_Joy_Con_08.jpg

Swag.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Didn't peg the '+/-' motif either.

And the allusion to the Yin Yang in the Switch logo.
    Plenty of symbolism here...

More than average for a console design.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'd rather they didn't bother and save me £20 on the controller ;-)
  • danclarke wrote:
    Did you know that the neon Joy-Cons included in the console bundle are the opposite colours to the ones available as a set? You do now.

4scrmax1.jpg

NintendoSwitch_hardware_Joy_Con_08.jpg

Man I knew this was a thing but I thought it was Japan only for the swap and or version of the extra was matching the original combo.

You can also by colour matching wrist doodads but I guess they only match the original combo.
  • The red and blue are also the same tones as used on the headphones bundled with the original gameboy. Not seen that spotted by anywhere yet.
    Gameboy-Headphones.jpg
  • The red and blue are also the some tones as used on the headphones bundled original gameboy. Not seen that spotted by anywhere yet.
    Gameboy-Headphones.jpg

That is a quality Ninty fanboy spot right there. Well done sir.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Sold my NES Classic Mini on eBay and added the funds to my Game wallet. Including the gift card from trade-ins and reward points already on there, I've got £318 ready to spend. Given that I've already paid a deposit on the console and Zelda, that's me covered for my day-one spend, which allows me room for 'sod it' spending on the day (e.g. coloured strap/grip things or Bomberman).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dan and LivDiv on the dank shit in here.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Sold my NES Classic Mini on eBay and added the funds to my Game wallet. Including the gift card from trade-ins and reward points already on there, I've got £318 ready to spend. Given that I've already paid a deposit on the console and Zelda, that's me covered for my day-one spend, which allows me room for 'sod it' spending on the day (e.g. coloured strap/grip things or Bomberman).

Im currently £300 to the good with the sale of NES Classic Mini and game trade ins, so much the same situation, although as I've gone Zelda ce will likely only go with what I've mentioned so far
  • And also act as the computer that runs the games?! I mean. Don't you think it's interesting that it's a system that broadens playing fun shit off the tv screen? Also don't forget that you can pick the thing up and play a game virtually Anywhere. That's the main thing.
    it's an interesting concept.
    I'm not trying to upset those that are interested in it or the switch, I'm not saying it won't be fun for those that do get it, nor am I ruling out the possibility that if I get to play it I may love it.
    It's just not working for me from what I've seen, it doesn't make me want to buy a switch.  I'm not seeing what it's 'selling' in the console that couldn't just be done on the wii - or even a completely standalone 'electronic game' - or anything to justify a full price release.  And if lots of others think that way then it may put them off buying it too.
    As a Nintendo fan, i want their console to do well, but I find it very disappointing that this is the only new game designed just for this console at launch.

Sorry to those who think I'm just being negative and trying to ruin their enjoyment of this.  i don't want to keep repeating negative comments so I'll try to stop with this one now.  i know 1,2 switch is just 1 game that could easily be ignored...just Nintendo managed to take the switch from something i was very interested in, and make me lose nearly all interest, and 1,2 switch kind of represents all the elements where they went wrong for me.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The thing is the pick up and play anywhere is a great selling point, it's just they have focussed on two aspects of it.

Pick up and play where you happen to be. The flex relating to a 100hr game like Zelda or Skyrim. Now you can catch a few extra goes when you wouldn't be near your tv.

But also

Pick up and play when you go somewhere. It's like taking cards agains humanity (spit) to some assholes house and throw the thing down and play games there for a joke. It eliminates the issue of the small screen by making the game the whole room. It's something accessible for everyone and fun for both participants (because of the game) and viewers (because dorky shit for the win).

Rather than have participants with the back to the audience (something guitar hero et al kind of failed at) you now play with everyone in your eyeline.
  • Well at least they're trying something different, and with Pro and Scorpion doing nothing interesting it's nice to have Nintendo. I'll not be picking up 12 but it does show how the functionality could be used in more traditional games. The lockpicking in Skyrim already used rumble but could vastly improved with more subtlety. I'm not aware Zelda uses it much but I can see how it could be used to make paragliding, walking through water and the like seem slightly more immersive. Can you make running through grass different to walking on stone? Would it just be annoying? We'll see.
  • Theyre using it in zelda to suggest tension in the bow I read.
  • The Lab on the Vive does this beautifully.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    If I totally go crazy and decide to buy one on the day do you think I'll be able to walk into a store and pick one up?

I could always keep my Wii U Zelda sealed for future investment opportunities.
  • Just wanna clarify something. If I'm playing Zelda on TV and missus wants to watch bake off, I can literally undock the thing and carry on with the tablet with no interruptions? Like I won't have to restart the machine or game or anything? Does it even pause the game?

I really, really like that idea if it's done seamlessly.

I want this thing but for under £300 with Zelda please.

I reckon it will be £270 by Christmas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!