Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Fast RMX, Has Been Heroes and Snipperclips are all confirmed for March.

I think I've got one foot on the hype train again. Snipperclipperu looks like perfect fodder for me and the boy, didn't realise it was out so soon. I'm hoping for some day one eshop goodness for both of us to enjoy, along with the majesty of Zelda for me.

The disappointment of the reveal is washing away, and I'm starting to wonder why some things ever registered as disappointing in the first place. A shit FIFA port doesn't matter when I don't buy FIFA games. 1-2 Switch being wavy bollocks when I was hoping for something to co-op with the boy doesn't matter because Snipperclips is there. The meagre third party support doesn't matter when I'm only buying it for the first party and eshop back catalogue. The online shenanigans doesn't matter when I'm not really planning on taking it online (Monster Hunter might tempt me though). The price of the console is £80 higher than I hoped, but only £30 more than I expected, and the way the Wii U has held its value makes me wonder if it'll even be worth waiting until Christmas as a drop might not even happen, especially if Mario is making it fly off the shelves. The expensive controllers shouldn't matter as I'll only need the pro pad.

I think I've talked myself into a day one purchase, just looking for the best deal now.

• The best deal I imagine you'll get is it being instock somewhere
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • WorKid wrote:
    I disagree since it's just getting tarted up ports of three of those titles you've listed. This launch is amongst the worst line-up in console history. Ever.

Is it a port if it is released day 1?

Unless it was written for the Switch, which it wasn't, then yes it's a port. It was designed for WiiU then shovelled across to the Switch.
  • Good editing: is then the last guardian a port?
  • No idea. Is that a Sony game?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lego Worlds just confirmed for Switch
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    The best deal I imagine you'll get is it being instock somewhere

Argos for the console and Zeldarino, The Hut for the pro controller. £390 all in. I'm pretty fucking concerned about it all arriving on time now though.
  • I wonder how close Nintendo came to scrapping Zelda for Wii U. As an exclusive it could have ranked the launch up there with SNES and N64 for Nintards. Would it have burned the Wii U loyalists, who are also Nintards to much? Don't Nintards just buy blindly? A Switch exclusive would have made more sense if so.

I'm buying it on Wii U, don't intend to get a Switch for a while, and Switch exclusive would have turned me off more.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Lego Worlds just confirmed for Switch

That's a good one that. 
    I got the early access of it on PC, even early on it a potential Minecraft beater imho.
  • I wonder how close Nintendo came to scrapping Zelda for Wii U. As an exclusive it could have ranked the launch up there with SNES and N64 for Nintards. Would it have burned the Wii U loyalists, who are also Nintards to much? Don't Nintards just buy blindly? A Switch exclusive would have made more sense if so.

I would have been incredibly pissed off if they cancelled the Wii U version. It would have been a massive middle finger to those that have waited the past couple of years to play it, only to find that you would need to buy a overpriced new console. I would have said fuck off to it... i'm still slightly pissed off that they are releasing another console so soon! Having said that, I really don't think they were going to scrap it on the Wii U, unless it wasn't going to be possible. I'm still a little staggered they are able to get a game of this size running on Wii U hardware?!

Biggest surprise for me was the Wii U version being released the same day. I would have bet money on it being a Switch exclusive for at least 3 months...
  • So soon? Wii u was 2012. Its been 4 and a half years. Id understand if they were runaway succesful but they arent. The first wii got 6 years
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    The best deal I imagine you'll get is it being instock somewhere

Argos for the console and Zeldarino, The Hut for the pro controller. £390 all in. I'm pretty fucking concerned about it all arriving on time now though.

The Hut is dodgy. Even though I wasn't interested in one I pre ordered from Amazon , for some reason I always when a new console is available . Still haven't cancelled but I will I think .

I thought the blue and red joy cons looked rank to begin with , now I think they look great .

• The Switch Zelda has me torn
  • But play it on switch.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    So soon? Wii u was 2012. Its been 4 and a half years. Id understand if they were runaway succesful but they arent. The first wii got 6 years

Yeh yeh... I get that. I've been irked about it since the rumours started...I bought the console Sept 2014 with Mario Kart 8, rumours of the NX began around March 2015. I think its a great console, I still have plenty I want to play. 

I have little interest in the Switch as a handheld, but no doubt I will be suckered in again if the new Mario is of Galaxy quality come the New Year.

I'm buying it on Wii U, don't intend to get a Switch for a while, and Switch exclusive would have turned me off more.

and @Gamermike I guess thay were right in what they did then. I was wondering how many people like yourselves would have been pissed at a cancellation.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yeah I feel the same as Dante there.
    I'm glad they stuck with it on WiiU, I think they owed the owners that, as much as a global megacorp owes anyone anything.
  • Good editing: is then the last guardian a port?
    If Nintendo had failed to release BotW on WiiU, it would have been a massive fuck you to their fans. When Sony failed to release TLG on PS3, it was B&B GotY.
  • Different games with different dev periods.

My understanding is they simply couldn't do TLG on PS3.
  • It would have been a technical mess on ps3. Just thinking about it makes me sick. 

At least we know Zelda Wii U will be technically competent even if it's not quite as good looking as the switch version.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Also TLG was probably delayed so much while the play testing staff were stuck with a catdog that wouldn't follow instructions.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • One guy spent 7 years with the camera stuck in the corner.
  • But seriously it is a sensible decision to move it to ps4. Annoying for some but it was the right call. It wasn't a whimsical cancellation like scalebound, true fantasy live online or phantom dust.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The other point is that it didn't come out until almost four years into the PS4's lifespan and was widely considered vapourware. Cancelling Zelda on Wii U and then making it a launch title on Switch would have been a very different move.
  • Andy wrote:
    Good editing: is then the last guardian a port?
    If Nintendo had failed to release BotW on WiiU, it would have been a massive fuck you to their fans. When Sony failed to release TLG on PS3, it was B&B GotY.

I should have said colonial marines or duke nukem forever.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The other point is that it didn't come out until almost four years into the PS4's lifespan and was widely considered vapourware. Cancelling Zelda on Wii U and then making it a launch title on Switch would have been a very different move.
    Yup.
    Im not sure we ever saw any TLG PS3 gameplay.
    They had hands on treehouse stuff for wiiU BotW.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Indeed. Nintendo had form with the dual GC and wii release of TP so it's good that it has continued here.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The PS4's also £200 with a copy of the game, and not launching with it as its blue-ribbon title.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!