Nintendo Switch
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It must have the ability to search for players then surely?

You can create private lobbies on Bone, that would cover cross play without a search.
  • How would you join the lobby?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    When you create it, you give it a name and a password, anyone who wants to join enters those and they’re in.
  • Nintendo customer service have offered me a credit refund for NBA 2k if they delete it from my library 
    Fair enough - will give it another go post patch and then decide
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Always up for some RL, play a couple of matches most evenings. Only ever played with non-randos once, was good fun.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Remember that RL will have cross play too, I’m usually up for a session.

Cross play with what platform?
  • Everything bar ps4
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think Sony have caved on this now, if so, all of them. If not, Xbox and PC.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bah, I have it on ps4.
  • It just means you can play with people not that you’d get the game.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I think Sony have caved on this now, if so, all of them. If not, Xbox and PC.

HP?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We'll see how the online pans out on it.
  • Mario odyssey gets an edge
    Spoiler:

Apparently.
  • No way?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nintendo customer service have offered me a credit refund for NBA 2k if they delete it from my library 
    Fair enough - will give it another go post patch and then decide

Didn't bank on that outcome at all, but you must be pleased. Reflects well on Nintendo.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Gonna go for RL if it's good enough, don't have it on another platform so all new for me.

What I read about cross platform is that it comes to all versions early next year, and you can make a RL ID, that other people can search for and that's how you join cross platform. No trading. I'll see if I can find the article later, pretty sure someone here posted it.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Nintendo customer service have offered me a credit refund for NBA 2k if they delete it from my library  Fair enough - will give it another go post patch and then decide
    Didn't bank on that outcome at all, but you must be pleased. Reflects well on Nintendo.
    Yes to all of that

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    This is the link where they talk about Rocket League crossplay. Think they're now testing it on PC's.
    Davis explains Rocket League's friends program as such: "For now, this just brings in your Steam friends list. The goal is that it'll sync all of your friends automatically so you don't have to do a bunch of legwork. But, if you want to add someone from another platform, you'll find like their Psyonix Friends ID and add them that way. Essentially, if your friend is on vacation with his Switch, you'd somehow look his account up through our system, add him, and then you guys could party up and play," Davis said. He added "All this is really doing is taking us from relying on Steam's and Xbox's and PlayStation's parties to our own backend."
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've changed my mind again.  Will definitely buy Steamworld Dig 2 soon, especially as Vela's Rive depends on it, but I forgot I ordered Sine Mora for £18 the other day, and that's at home now apparently.  I'm now officially a double dipper.  

Speaking of which, Rocket League.  Who's in on Switch?  If the port turns out OK, and they don't fudge the friends thing (which I hadn't even considered a possibility until Fifa), is anyone up for the double dip?

Quad dip, but yes.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've changed my mind again.  Will definitely buy Steamworld Dig 2 soon, especially as Vela's Rive depends on it

Good man.

I finished SWD2 last night and it is on par with (maybe a bit better than) Heist.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've changed my mind again.  Will definitely buy Steamworld Dig 2 soon, especially as Vela's Rive depends on it
    Good man. I finished SWD2 last night and it is on par with (maybe a bit better than) Heist.
    I found the first one fairly tedious - why is the second better?

• More variety in locations and some extra abilities which allow for bigger environments. 

In some ways its a little bit like a Diet Metroid. With a killer soundtrack. 

Like the first Dig, it still has the same core loop of dig-harvest minerals-sell-upgrade. But there is more exploration, the game is about 50% bigger (my estimate). 

It's not a wild departure at all from SWD1, so if you didnt like that then its hard to sell you on Dig 2.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I loved every minute of it. The secret reward at the end for all the secrets is a triumph too.
  • I still need more money to get there. Go all secrets easy enough.
  • There's a thing you need to do to get the gold required. Stumped me for a good while I tell ya!!
  • There's still more money about? Hmmm. 

Wonder if it's to do with 
    Spoiler:
  • For anyone that wishes to read the full Mario Odyssey review:
    Spoiler:
  • Blimey. This'll sell a few systems.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!