Nintendo Switch
  • Re: re7 playstation now onlive switch edition...

I think that’s quite a dumb thing to be honest, and also against the brand identity of the whole console? It would make sense for something like dragon quest x, or any game that requires persistent online anyway, but a wholly single player game...?

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Ah, quick Google suggests the OnLive patents were sold to Sony. Maybe it’s being used for the PlayStation streaming service.

That makes a lot more sense, I'd guess it's almost certainly what they're using for PS Now.
  • I gave PSNow a go last week. There is a free 7 day trial.
    Playing on a good PC with a wired connection I would say it is still very limited.

Games run at a max of 720p regardless of if it is a game that would normally run at 1080p.

The latency is really quite bad, I played through GoW: Ascension and some sections with QuickTime prompts were very difficult.

Audio also suffers with the latency and seems worse on PS4 games. GoW3 HD had worse audio sync than GoW:A. Until Dawn was hilariously unplayable.

Before signing up I looked at reviews and setup guides. The advice was to get the free trial and if there are problems bin the idea, this has been mainly put down to certain ISPs not working at all. My experience was in the good category BTW, the problems above are as good as it gets.

If this Resi game is going the PSNow approach then they will need to drastically improve on what is currently out there. It is one thing to have a clunky 7 day trial of a service, another to drop 50 quid on something that is non-refundable.
  • There's a trial for RE7. You also don't buy it, only lease it for a period of time. It's not been announced for anywhere but Japan, anyway.
  • That's good.
    I imagine Japan's better internet connections will help as well but it still needs to be better than PSNow, I have 100mb.
  • I assumed it all worked perfectly, but from Live's report it doesn't sound a million miles away from remote play using a Vita.  Not for me thanks.

Edit: streaming games in general, if not perfect, before someone defends the impending implementation on Switch.
  • Meh, I think it undervalues the console as a whole. Almost like ‘hey, now you can play those proper console games on here via streaming!’

Sort of takes away that it’s a portable home console, that would never be able to play games like RE7 otherwise. We all know it can’t here, but to sell that idea to the consumer at large is probably quite a dangerous step.

Anyway, will most probably be this one game and might not even leave Japan, can’t blame them for testing.

...it’s probably just a way to test monster hunter world tbh.
  • I hope we get some proper Odyssey DLC at E3.  Ghost land please. 

Anyone want to play the believable wishlist game?
  • No
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    1. Advance Wars
    2. Infinifactory 2
  • 1. Starfox GP to incorporate other space based Nintendo characters such as Captain Falcon, Olimar, Samus etc.
    2. Prime 4 to be a proper Prime game with some tweaks to just modernise it a bit (note not modernise it into a fuck)
    3. A new model that fixes some of the known faults and adds gorilla glass or similar.
  • Well, if people are doing it anyway:

1. Joy-Cons with nice shaped grips and proper joysticks.
  • Trying to predict the whims of the company that just brought you the cardboard piano.
  • Oh, if it's predictions, I'm going for a Labo Amiibo theatre play set.
  • I want to see more of SMT5, and would love to see persona q 2 come to the switch (was announced for 3DS last year). Obviously will need some testing with new input controls...

Oh, and I would love to see bravely default 3 on switch!
  • Fuck cloud streaming on the switch - can do it on my phone / steam thanks
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Quick question - if I was looking to sell my Switch to raise funds, how much should I be looking for second hand, give or take? Are there any good places to sell?

I have the console, and a physical copy of Zelda BOTW. 

I have digital copies of Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch (a weak moment) and Fast RMX, although I don't see how I could sell those on, unless there are any other bright ideas around this.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    £200 odd and add £20-30 per game
  • I'd say £200 odd and £30ish per big name physical game, but it all gets a but muddy when you're selling digital stuff tied to an account you could potentially reclaim at a later date (iirc).  Pre-loaded software might be a sweetener rather than a proper money maker.  Depends who you're selling to though.
  • Thanks gents. That’s helpful.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • A new Labo variety kit 0.2 that includes the shotgun and steering wheel seen in the announcement trailer
    PSN - minkymu
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Can I have Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Xenoblade X Switch Edition announcements at E3 please?
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Can I have Luigi’s Mansion 3 at E3 please?
    Only if it has Waluigi with his Wouijia board as discuss a few weeks ago.
  • Samba De Amigo revival pls.
  • Can I get batman :arkham city please? I dont care, it was on wii u so should be a doddle. I want it, ill pay for it, just make one digital copy and that one ill buy thanks.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Quick question - if I was looking to sell my Switch to raise funds, how much should I be looking for second hand, give or take? Are there any good places to sell? I have the console, and a physical copy of Zelda BOTW.  I have digital copies of Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Snipperclips, 1-2-Switch (a weak moment) and Fast RMX, although I don't see how I could sell those on, unless there are any other bright ideas around this.
    I bought Ver's Switch a while back and he kindly left his account on it for games but I don't know how safe that'd be with non badgers. Just make sure to delete your payment info from the store if you are leaving your account on!
    Give me a shout if you're selling Zelda separately.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Can I have Luigi’s Mansion 3... at E3 please?

NO. You'll have Luigi's Mansion 1 for 3DS and like it!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I do like that, actually. Thank you!
    Get schwifty.
  • Realistic predictions, not including known games:
    Animal Crossing, a new platinum games collaboration, amiibo labos and hopefully mario smash football returning.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • If its a wish list were doing:

Luigis mansion 3
    New Wave Race
    Odessey DLC isle delfino, ghost house
    Yoshi release date
    More Labo sets linked to games

PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!