Nintendo Switch
  • Nina wrote:
    I just edited in the link, as I forgot for a moment you're lazy

Haha.
    Just slightly
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina wrote:
    Unacceptable!
    Took me a couple more hours in the game to get that... Lol

@Wookie, JonB made a thread for it I think.

Mrrgrrgrr

Honestly though I think the first is my favourite JRPG of the last ten years. I adore the style, the combat, the story got really interesting, and the characters really grew on me. Yes I even liked that part of the story.

I liked the second a lot but obviously was very much more of the same (fine to me!) and am excited about octopath traveller but already know I won’t enjoy it quite as much.
  • Had some amazon vouchers so got doom (not played it before) - quite looking forward to playing an FPS on the go
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Temper that. Doom with the pro pad is fine but I found it very awkward in portable mode ( although I didn't use the splatoon motion controls which I hear help)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Unacceptable!
    Took me a couple more hours in the game to get that... Lol

Mrrgrrgrr

Honestly though I think the first is my favourite JRPG of the last ten years. I adore the style, the combat, the story got really interesting, and the characters really grew on me. Yes I even liked that part of the story.

I liked the second a lot but obviously was very much more of the same (fine to me!) and am excited about octopath traveller but already know I won’t enjoy it quite as much.
    It's growing on me for sure. I'm not sure if I actually am doing the combat right though, but I've only just started chapter 1.
    The end of the intro
    Spoiler:
    felt really easy, but now the game has introduced the first side quest I'm having trouble. Might have to adjust some abilities. Was tired last night so jumped to the entrance, which is stupid as I think the game auto saves when you change floors in a dungeon and I was right next to the stairs.

I'm also enjoying watching Norende grow for some strange reason.
  • I loved Bravely Default. A wonderful battle system, the characters are a great mix, and the story was brilliant. Small side stories all the way to the main quest.

Ready set fire.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • That's not a story spoiler btw.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Can we get back on topic please? I used an incorrect term that could be taken offensively by mistake and apologised.

I have £6 on my account and tempted to put it towards that 8bit castlevania type game. Anyone here played it? Looks pretty good

If you enjoy the 8-Bit Castlevanias you'll love it mate.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yoku's Island Express reviewing quite well, £15.99 - out now on all the main consoles.  I'm not keen on the pre-order discount thing with the way reviews came in these days.  I'm fully aware it's a very minor quibble before anyone highlights it, and also why it works for the devs, but I lost the 10% off waiting to find out if the game was a disaster.
  • West of Loathing tomorrow boys. Cue Tempy to come in and tell me he’s been PC’ing it since 2003 but still I’m excited.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Will be when the pay packet drops the morrow
  • Nope. Have it on 360 and although I get it’s brilliance I have no desire to play through again
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • West of Loathing tomorrow boys. Cue Tempy to come in and tell me he’s been PC’ing it since 2003 but still I’m excited.

I’ve not played either if the Loathing games but the Crate and Crowbar folk say they’re excellent!
  • Who Ikaruga'ed?

I'm very tempted. But after picking up FIFA in the sale and the SF collection I kinda feel I should put some time into them first.
    SFV - reddave360
  • What's the world cup update all about on Fifa - is it on there yet, and is it genuinely 'free'?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the world cup update all about on Fifa - is it on there yet, and is it genuinely 'free'?

It seems to be. But uh-ohs!
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone know prices on
    Loathing
    Ikaruga
    Mega mans
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the world cup update all about on Fifa - is it on there yet, and is it genuinely 'free'?

Ouch.
  • Reg, from memory - Ikaruga £13.49, Loathing £8.99-£9.99.  Megman can't remember, maybe £17ish but don't quote me on any of these.
  • Not sure if I have the sterling price right but Mega Man (both collections) are £11.99, Ikaruga is also £11.99 (or €14.99 ). Not sure about Loathiing
    SFV - reddave360
  • I reckon it's safe to assume I'm wrong about that one too.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Ouch.

Yeah. Bit of a bummer. Fifa is €19.99 at the mo so I took a risk - it's actually a nice game of footie. I gather its quite stripped back from the ps4/bone versions but for me its been quite good. The game plays well, doesnt feel too scripted and the difficulty seems to be at the right pitch for me - challenging but not restrictive to how I want to play it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'd pick it up on Switch if they committed to an ongoing squad patches and didn't charge through the nose for them.  Would be happy to have the same stripped down Switch version for the next few years if a) you could play online against friends online and b) any transfer comings and goings were updated.  I only played it briefly (there was another glitch that required a full console shutdown to fix, which I managed to sort out for someone at work and had a quick 2 player game on his cart), it seemed absolutely fine with two Joycons.
  • I've had no issues with the dlc, for what little it's worth, and have found the World Cup mode absolutely fantastic thus far.
  • Who Ikaruga'ed?
    Me not impressed

• Bad port?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Played on hand held (landscape) and I can’t see wtf is going on

• That’s just your age kicking in ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!