Holidays
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Wedding in Finland this weekend, and just discovered it has approximately the sickest looking pool ever  https://peurunka.visualizer360.com/en/kylpylahotelli?p=4329&h=1.25&v=7.33&f=84#85,4399,1.25,7.33 Gonna be glorious
    I would be concerned that none of their water slides actually seem to end up in the pool.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I’m currently enjoying Rovinj again with the family but think I’ve given myself minor whiplash trying to pull off a double pike with 720 turn**** into the sea. Trying not to mention it but I keep wincing.

***may actually denote standard dive that just over extended into a head and shoulder entry.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Wedding in Finland this weekend, and just discovered it has approximately the sickest looking pool ever 

https://peurunka.visualizer360.com/en/kylpylahotelli?p=4329&h=1.25&v=7.33&f=84#85,4399,1.25,7.33

Gonna be glorious

I'm going over there next week
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Wedding in Finland this weekend, and just discovered it has approximately the sickest looking pool ever  https://peurunka.visualizer360.com/en/kylpylahotelli?p=4329&h=1.25&v=7.33&f=84#85,4399,1.25,7.33 Gonna be glorious
    I would be concerned that none of their water slides actually seem to end up in the pool.

That would explain the blood when you point the Canberra straight down
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Straight down under?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Haha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Day 3 in crete and my phone is playing ball with the Wi-Fi at last. Bloody hot.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Generic beach shot ahoy. Actually staying in a village in the hills . Old hersonisis. A 25 min descent to the beach. Knackered climbing back up.

JmHT20v.jpg
  • Looks hot.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are millions of singing insects...going fucking bananas in the heat. Really loud.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was right there 25 years ago and the noisy cicadas are one of the things I remember most. I stayed down the road from there in Gouves, which took me ages to find on a map, because it's pronounced hoovis and I had no idea of Greek.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It's changed now hasn't it

Carl-Barlow-842534.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well that's fake because all the bicycles there are left hand drive.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I stayed near here about 20 years ago. The place is a great deal bigger now. What was 3 villages is now really one big one.
  • Big kid starting school September, mental! Looking to holiday near Great Yarmouth just before. Any recommendations near Great Yarmouth? Caravan/Apartment/Glamp type thing (2 adults 2 kids.)
  • Heads up folks! LateRooms and SuperBreak have both ceased trading and gone into administration.
    I don't know SuperBreak, but LateRooms is a shocker. Fortunately I've always been a Booking.com guy.
  • I thought it was weird how all the news reports are about SuperBreak, and mention Laterooms as a footnote. I’d never heard of SuperBreak either.
  • I guess they're maybe more relevant with it being the holiday season?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Finnish wedding was excellent, and pleasingly bear-themed. I'll try to share some photos...

AF1QipPbp6DCto7LtnB2QVHQLYsOIfouQpuLm9EBSfoM?key=UzF0OHhNUFlucFlyX2ZfUGlGSDQ0VjE1bFU4dTRB.jpg
  • Arran. 

3xbcn6X.jpg

I love the way you can go on a walk, not see anyone and find little places like this boathouse. Was quite tempted to launch the boat.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Got an invite to join the whole work team on a trip away to Poland in November.
    Idea is we finish an early shift at 5pm, straight to the airport and then fly home three days later on the morning of a late shift start then all straight back to work.

On one hand I want to join the team and I’m pleased that they want to include me, on the other most of them are young fellas 10 years younger than me who still enjoy going out and drinking, I have two beers and want to be tucked up in bed by 11.

I think I’ll have to pass this trip up, I just can’t imagine a “holiday” that involves drinking and being up all night as something I’d enjoy!

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Would you enjoy the hungover war stories the morning after? Picture yourself with a nice cold breakfast beer and some hot Polish sausage, while your workmates are recounting their misadventures from the previous night. If that might be fun, go along and just fuck off to bed whenever you want to.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What part of Poland?

I'm the same though. I hate corporate hospitality. I never know what to do with myself in those situations.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Would you enjoy the hungover war stories the morning after? Picture yourself with a nice cold breakfast beer and some hot Polish sausage, while your workmates are recounting their misadventures from the previous night. If that might be fun, go along and just fuck off to bed whenever you want to.

And if they give you a hard time, karate chop them. You’ll be outside of the U.K. so they can’t arrest you.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Acht, I'm all against having to go along for the "fraternity". Here comes grumpo Hollis.

If it gives you anxiety to go, and you don't want to be there, you are under no obligation. I've not gone to staff Xmas dos for the past two years because teachers go fucking unleashed at Xmas and I don't want to be part of it.
  • I too, hate everything
  • It’s not a forced corporate thing, just that the team fancy getting together to blow off some steam.
    I’d like to be there to enjoy their company but I know I’d walk away the moment they start getting drunk. I’ve always hated being around drunk people when I’m not drinking (and I try but I really can’t drink anymore, I just feel very tired after a few and if I push on I just feel sick and miserable) and my job has lowered my tolerance for people being drunken idiots anyway.

Perhaps I’ll go and just enjoy the scenery, take my switch and play some games in a cafe or pub during the day whilst they sleep off hangovers and retire to my room for a nice peaceful night alone when things start getting “lively” again.

God I’m a miserable fucker
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • What part of Poland?

I'm the same though. I hate corporate hospitality. I never know what to do with myself in those situations.

No idea what part.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I’d like to be there to enjoy their company but I know I’d walk away the moment they start getting drunk. I’ve always hated being around drunk people

Glad to know you enjoyed our nights out and stocks.
  • It’s not a forced corporate thing, just that the team fancy getting together to blow off some steam.
    I’d like to be there to enjoy their company but I know I’d walk away the moment they start getting drunk. I’ve always hated being around drunk people when I’m not drinking (and I try but I really can’t drink anymore, I just feel very tired after a few and if I push on I just feel sick and miserable) and my job has lowered my tolerance for people being drunken idiots anyway.

Perhaps I’ll go and just enjoy the scenery, take my switch and play some games in a cafe or pub during the day whilst they sleep off hangovers and retire to my room for a nice peaceful night alone when things start getting “lively” again.

God I’m a miserable fucker

No you're not. That sounds like a plan that'll take in the best of both for you - being with your team and getting your own way doing the things you like. As long as you stick to your plan and don't let peer pressure get to you - make it clear to three gran what you will and won't do. Hell, make up a medical reason for not drinking - no-one will be any the wiser.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!