Holidays
  • They look like a bunch of characters.

Very good
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Fucking mosquitos.  I'm a magnet.  I was outside for 10 minutes and I've got 23 bites on one leg despite being coated in deet swamp strength.  Twats.
  • You want dragonflies apparantly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well, you shouldn't try to fuck mosquitos, it just annoys them.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I absolutely swear by this stuff:

https://www.superdrug.com/skin/after-bite/b/400010

No idea if it’s available from anywhere other than Superdrug, but it stops the itching in about 30 seconds flat and keeps it gone for the best part of a day.
  • Centre Parcs is the tits.

Loving it here
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Loving it here

Which one? We did Elveden last year and is was a lot of fun but there were activities no longer on offer (got the feeling that it was lack of staff/ cost cutting).

Discovered, though, that I actually quite enjoy playing golf.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Centre Parcs is the tits. Loving it here

Yeah, I always kind of wanted to hate Center Paris on principle.  But it's great, especially when your kids are at the "fairly independent, but not quite" age. They fact you have to book almost everything 3 years before you get there always pissed me off though.  (Mainly because my wife and I are pretty chaotic, so we'd generally miss everything.)

We went to one in Holland as well (can't remember if it was an official "Center Parks" or just a similar one) and it was great. Significantly cheaper, and felt a bit more like a "holiday" - though it did involve travelling on a ferry which is possibly my most hated form of transport. (I was once told by a fortune teller I would die at sea. I think fortune telling is complete bollocks, but it still prods that irrational bit of my brain every time I get on a boat.)

Loving it here

Which one? We did Elveden last year and is was a lot of fun but there were activities no longer on offer (got the feeling that it was lack of staff/ cost cutting).

The very same. elveden.
    Unpacked, all set up and just taken the car back. Now waiting to pick up a bike and then cycle back to the lodge.
    Got dinner and then off for the family quiz night.
    The kids are absolutely buzzing, they think this place is amazing.
    Met some nice northerners already and had a lovely chat.
    Everyone seems happy and smiley.

The fishing lake looks brilliant, brought all my gear and a several rods :)
  • tin_robot wrote:

... though it did involve travelling on a ferry which is possibly my most hated form of transport. (I was once told by a fortune teller I would die at sea. I think fortune telling is complete bollocks, but it still prods that irrational bit of my brain every time I get on a boat.)

My mate wants to be buried at sea. Not because of any nautical connection, or because he loves the sea. No, he just wants to inconvenience us as much as possible.
  • I never got over the disappointment that center parks and the forest weren't under a giant dome.
  • … they’re not?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Not another flat earther
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • tin_robot wrote:

... though it did involve travelling on a ferry which is possibly my most hated form of transport. (I was once told by a fortune teller I would die at sea. I think fortune telling is complete bollocks, but it still prods that irrational bit of my brain every time I get on a boat.)

My mate wants to be buried at sea. Not because of any nautical connection, or because he loves the sea. No, he just wants to inconvenience us as much as possible.

I kind of love that

Loving it here

The very same. elveden.
    Unpacked, all set up and just taken the car back. Now waiting to pick up a bike and then cycle back to the lodge.
    Got dinner and then off for the family quiz night.
    The kids are absolutely buzzing, they think this place is amazing.
    Met some nice northerners already and had a lovely chat.
    Everyone seems happy and smiley.

The fishing lake looks brilliant, brought all my gear and a several rods :)

Have a go on that flume ride in the pool (called the tempest or something or other like it). That was a right laugh (if you like the idea of sitting on a massive inflatable and plunging down a giant plughole).

You definitely picked the best time to go. We went there in term time (told the school we had to reschedule due to COVID which was actually true) and it was really pleasant and not particularly crowded.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yea term time is the best time.
    Price difference was nearly a grand. We wrote to the school and they actually approved the absence for the kids as they agreed it would be an "enriching experience".

Our headteacher is the best
  • We bought a clear plastic animal feeder and stuck it to the patio windows, had deer and squirrels coming up for breakfast all morning. Little Felix is sitting at the window staring in amazement
  • You have to be fucking kidding me...

MY IN LAWS HAVE JUST TURNED UP! UNINVITED!

THEY HAVE GATECRASHED OUR HOLIDAY!

I AM FUCKING LIVID
  • The first time we ever booked a holiday on our own to get away
  • Your in-laws have just turned up at Centre Parcs?
  • Shouldn't have put that feeder up.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Your in-laws have just turned up at Centre Parcs?
    Yep
  • I'm off to the pub
  • I feel for Wookie because I'd fucking hate it (it annoys me when my MiL turns up without ringing first) but I am enjoying the pics and clips.
  • I went to the boathouse and told them I only have a fishing pass for Thursday but once I explained to the guy there that my in laws just gate crashed and I need an escape, he smiled and said "I got you bro"
    He then upgraded my pass for the week for free and told me where the quietest swim is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!