Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/hotels/ikos-resorts was amazing when we went, and looks too have some sub £1.5kpp offerings... Europe, but still luxury, and includes amazing food + drink
  • That looks right up my alley well done Muzz.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/hotels/ikos-resorts was amazing when we went, and looks too have some sub £1.5kpp offerings... Europe, but still luxury, and includes amazing food + drink

That does look fantastic. We were planning on celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary with an all inclusive break, leaving the kids with my parents. This could be perfect

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We went to Dassia, fwiw and yep double thumbs up from us all (we went with kids too). Not quite sure how much variation there is between their different locations, but you'd hope they're all a similar standard. Some are newer, and prices vary between them, though, so not totally sure!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    (it's not overly kiddy tho, and there are adult only bits, in case that scares you off!!)
  • I want something all inclusive, we just wanna fly out, be picked up, taken to our hotel where we can eat and drink all we want and not have to pay a penny more.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We deffo got that! (Do check that the transfers are included, ours were but depended how you booked iirc.)

Getting a Tesla for a day was fun too as an included perk, plus transfers to the town if you want, and obvs sports stuff as well as beach/pool/food/drink etc.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    We deffo got that! (Do check that the transfers are included, ours were but depended how you booked iirc.)

Getting a Tesla for a day was fun too as an included perk, plus transfers to the town if you want, and obvs sports stuff as well as beach/pool/food/drink etc.
    Sounds brilliant
  • That looks a fuck ton better than my shitty tui options good work Muzz
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    We went to Dassia, fwiw and yep double thumbs up from us all (we went with kids too). Not quite sure how much variation there is between their different locations, but you'd hope they're all a similar standard. Some are newer, and prices vary between them, though, so not totally sure!

When did you go Muzz? We're looking to book Dassia in April but worried it won't be hot enough?
  • Was having a nice camping holiday down the coast for the last week until I committed too hard to catching a frisbee and proper stacked it onto the hard wet sand on my side.

I think I've at minimum bruised my ribs, hopefully not broken them but now we're headed home early so I can sleep sitting up for the next however many nights. Yay.

Caught the frisbee at least.

This guy was hanging out near our campsite for most of a day and then strolled right through our campsite.
    IYhEPTq.jpeg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

When did you go Muzz? We're looking to book Dassia in April but worried it won't be hot enough?

We went early April, and the weather came and went somewhat... most days were plenty warm enough to be poolside, a couple a bit rainy/ fresh when the wind came in. And definitely not hot hot (think it tipped to 20 but wasn't threatening 30).

I think we were a little unlucky though? And obviously not enough to scare us off as we're back mid April this year. But yeah, if you want guaranteed hot hot it's probably too early for the med - the sea itself was Baltic!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

We went early April, and the weather came and went somewhat... most days were plenty warm enough to be poolside, a couple a bit rainy/ fresh when the wind came in. And definitely not hot hot (think it tipped to 20 but wasn't threatening 30).

I think we were a little unlucky though? And obviously not enough to scare us off as we're back mid April this year. But yeah, if you want guaranteed hot hot it's probably too early for the med - the sea itself was Baltic!

Sounds good to me. 30 is my absolute limit for heat
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Was having a nice camping holiday down the coast for the last week until I committed too hard to catching a frisbee and proper stacked it onto the hard wet sand on my side.

I think I've at minimum bruised my ribs, hopefully not broken them but now we're headed home early so I can sleep sitting up for the next however many nights. Yay.

Caught the frisbee at least.

This guy was hanging out near our campsite for most of a day and then strolled right through our campsite.
    IYhEPTq.jpeg

He was asserting dominance.

Did your side go on stretching for the Frisbee or on landing then? Arm between ribs and the sand? Most uncomfortable injuries going, no respite from it. Still think you had your priorities right with committing to the catch though, well played
  • Arm was outstretched so I kinda landed on my elbow and ribs at the same time. Because I wasn't realising I was falling until I hit the deck it was a real side slapper too, didn't even try and roll into it or compensate. Elbow is okay but I've found bending forward to be the most triggering movement lately.

Slept okay last night though half sitting up as suggested by the internet so that's good as I wasn't looking forward to some restless nights
  • Booked it, packed it, fucked off.

Nice one Muzz you legend. :)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hype hype :-D

When did you book for in the end?
  • He's already there.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Coming out of the Xmas holidays with F having got a bad case of COVID literally the day after I went in. I know it's shite for a teacher to ask for sympathy but the holidays have been me and C every day, and again, I know there's a ton of single parents doing a massive shift every day. Just wanted to log I'm coming out of the holidays worse than going in...
  • Mate I get it, absolutely get it.
    Parenting is exhausting, single parenting even more so. You often come back from a "break" needing a break on your own to recover.

I find holidays massively stressful as it's a huge break from my routine, the thing I use as my anchor in life. Throw in kids to the mix and it's HARD.

Do whatever you feel you need right now to get through this but know, as Tom Hanks put it, "this too shall pass"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It will pass but I also have to have a bunch of quite serious chats with kids about them not continuing at school. They're minging, part of the job, and I come out of them as the bad guy despite knowing what their best path of success is.

I'm fucking done on day 1 and I'm not after sympathy, empathy, or anything else. Just haven't had this with my family being ill first. And I know I'm not going to be the only one.
  • Oh that doesn't sound like fun at all.
    Sounds like you've hit burnout mate. I'm close myself
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I wouldn't normally have this, it just is having had maybe 15 hours to myself over the Xmas break. It sucks.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Hype hype :-D

When did you book for in the end?

15th - 22nd April :)
  • I suppose it's true that kids are minging.
  • Probably the wrong place to moan about holidays but here I go anyway.  

My sister-in-law is getting married in September.  In Spain for some reason.  Getting married abroad is a thing people like to do, I get it, but fuck me it's expensive for the guests.  We're (me, the wife, Tilly) going for four nights apparently, during which time I'm guessing we'll only be left alone for about half a day.  SiL is currently turning the screws on the wife to book the tickets now as they're cheaper if you book ahead - which makes sense, of course.  But also....just get married in the UK if you're having guests?  Or just do your vows abroad on your own?  It's her second go at it anyway, and the first one was lavish enough.  I bet everything leading up to the big moment will be her on a knife edge of a paddy too, if anything drops below the 100% DREAM WEDDING experience.    

So it's probably going to cost over 2k for a holiday that's not a holiday.  We've got the money in savings, it just seems like a horrible way to spend it - that's part of our 'what if the roof falls off?' safety net money.  Spending on holidays is just something we don't really do, unless you count giving Tilly an extra tenner in the arcades in Lewsdown - holibobs for the Moots are essentially free, historically.  It frees up a good chunk of change to be frivolous elsewhere (ooh that whisky looks nice, these indie games look legit, yes you can sign up to horse riding rollerblading lessons and buy some flashing wheels, let's have takeaway again etc.).  I haven't even got a valid passport, nor has the wife.  Plus by September we'll hopefully have a dog and I'll presumably either be out of a job or starting a new one.  Tilly getting the abroad experience is just about the only highlight for me, otherwise I'm dreading it.  I bet I'll enjoy myself once I'm there, but I'd rather pay £500 not to go.    

Not happy.  I know I do holidays wrong in the scheme of things but spending big on something where the only thing you get to keep is the memories isn't my cup of tea.  None of the rest of her family are going either, they all noped out when she announced it was in Spain.  Which she's screwing about.  Wish we'd jumped on that bandwagon.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Difficult with family members but I'd just say no in that case as it's just unfair. Friend of mine got married in Greece. Great for him but I just wasn't doing it. Way too much expense and frankly quite selfish to expect people to go. Apparently my sister got married yesterday and didn't even tell anyone (I haven't even been officially told yet). That's the right to way to get married.
  • I'll never understand people who marry abroad, and expect people to pay to come to it. If you're doing that, you pay for any guests you want there. If you can't afford it, don't get married abroad.
  • In our case, my wife is Slovak, with a huge family (multiple dozens compared to my ten or so), and we paid for family to come over and stay in Slovakia, but I gotta say that's the only excuse I can think of for a foreign wedding with expectations of high attendance: several of my friends couldn't make it, but there was no pressure from me, what are you gonna do? We had a small nice party when we got home for those who missed it and wanted to see us

People have got shit to spend their money on and it isn't your highly regulated big day take 2

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!