Holidays
  • I guess I can stop moaning about the Spanish 'poxy' wedding costing loads now - my wife's been enjoying herself at the bingo with more or less nothing to show for it for over 20 years, but she won £2k this evening. She split it three ways with her mates but that still pays for the flights.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Noice
  • Get in!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Please send some to me as we're now going to center Parcs twice this year and I don't know how I'm going to financially recover from this.

We were all booked up for June with both my family and the wife's only and then we were invited by some friends to go in October.
  • Just catching up with this Magaluf malarkey.  I would've laughed them out the room, quite frankly. 

New house this year so prob another year with no foreign holiday.  We'll maybe get down to Devon or something to shake things up from just heading up the Scottish West Coast.
  • Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Three weeks till Greece. Cannot come quick enough.
  • Just back from Tenerife. Stayed on the Costa Adeje, in a bit which I assumed was upmarket. Nope! Very brits abroad drink-all-day vibe. Never again. The whole area is just a massive turd. Still had fun, but it took me back to my summer in San Antonio back in the 90s.

We drove up to the volcano though and that was amazing. Grand Canyon vibes. Water park was also great.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Three days till Greece. Cannot come quick enough.

• Oooh, Brits abroad just makes me wanna stay home.
    So embarrassed by our countries behaviour when on holiday.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Where are you headed? An island?
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Just back from Tenerife. Stayed on the Costa Adeje, in a bit which I assumed was upmarket. Nope! Very brits abroad drink-all-day vibe. Never again. The whole area is just a massive turd. Still had fun, but it took me back to my summer in San Antonio back in the 90s.

We drove up to the volcano though and that was amazing. Grand Canyon vibes. Water park was also great.

I'm in Lanzarote atm in a cheap and cheerful 3 star self catering place. It's full of Brits and I have to say that it's all very pleasant and chilled - a massive surprise tbh, everyone is very nice and chatty. We're not all cunts.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • My wife asked if I would mind if she booked 3 nights away at a holiday park with the kids, my sister in law and my nephew's in May... Without me.
    "I thought I could get some quality time with my sister in law and you and your brother could enjoy 4 days at home without the kids to worry about"

This feels like a trap ...
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My wife asked if I would mind if she booked 3 nights away at a holiday park with the kids, my sister in law and my nephew's in May... Without me.
    "I thought I could get some quality time within my sister in law and you and your brother could enjoy 4 days at home without the kids to worry about"

This feels like a trap ...
    I wish my wife did this more.
  • ITS A TRAP!
  • "I thought you could go fishing with your friend Andy, perhaps do that overnight fishing trip you've been talking about for ages!"

This is DEFINITELY a trap
  • Yeah, you're fucked mate.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Pray for Wookie
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Suspect his wife is pregnant with triplets, this is her way of letting him know
  • Oooh, Brits abroad just makes me wanna stay home. So embarrassed by our countries behaviour when on holiday.

Yep.  At least I can distance myself a bit by pretending I'm over from India or somwhere.  I mean that's what people (mostly the locals / resort staff) want to hear anyway when they ask me where I'm from.

"London, UK"
    "No, but where are you from?"
    "LONDON!"
    "Really?"
    "...OK... India..."
    "I knew it!  I could tell!"
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha

Edit - surely they then go, but where are your parents from?
  • Gremill wrote:
    Just back from Tenerife. Stayed on the Costa Adeje, in a bit which I assumed was upmarket. Nope! Very brits abroad drink-all-day vibe. Never again. The whole area is just a massive turd. Still had fun, but it took me back to my summer in San Antonio back in the 90s. We drove up to the volcano though and that was amazing. Grand Canyon vibes. Water park was also great.
    I'm in Lanzarote atm in a cheap and cheerful 3 star self catering place. It's full of Brits and I have to say that it's all very pleasant and chilled - a massive surprise tbh, everyone is very nice and chatty. We're not all cunts.

Which part are you in? A few years ago we stayed in a 3* hotel in Playa Blanca and had a nice time. It was really relaxed. Interesting place Lanzarote.

I think I'll avoid all-inclusive from now on. Especially when it's self-service beer etc. Attracts scrotes.

I've come to realise that star ratings are not indicative of hotel quality sometimes. They only represent the facilities available at the hotel and perhaps a minimum service level. Seems like you can stick a gym/laundry service onto your hotel and it jumps from 3 to 4. A lot of lovely traditional B&B type places in Spain are 3*.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    drumbeg wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Where are you headed? An island?

Aye, Corfu. Same place as last Easter in fact, but looks like it's gonna be about 7 degrees warmer this year. Hype.
  • Ikos? Really want to try one of those places. Had a good holiday in Corfu year before last.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Aye. Was awesome last year so fingers crossed we have another good week there. Where about were you?
  • We went to Grecotel Daphnila Bay (Dassia). It was good. Went in summer hols though and was sooo hot. Think Easter is a good shout.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Same stretch of coast! Yeah don't think I could hack it there in the summer, Easter last year was chilly at times, but I'd still probably take that over 40° (and my wife, who's Irish, would literally melt)...
  • Similar with my family. I don't mind the heat, but my wife and kids struggled when we did a climb up the fort in Corfu town and it was 35c. Still, my kids just want to be in the pool constantly and the heat helps in that regard!

Are you going with kids to the Ikos? I have a pal who has been with his wife, but they went as a couple and loved it. I'm thinking an October half term trip could be doable. I seem to recall it still being quite warm in Corfu last October.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah five of us, squeezed into a family room. It's but cheap for a week, even at Easter, but not too crazy given it includes absolutely everything (including a kids club thing, which they really enjoyed last time).

We looked at the summer prices for one of the deluxe rooms, meanwhile, and that was £32k for a week pmsl off-peak deffo the way to go!
  • Off to Tenerife today. 7 year old, 4 year old, 2 year old in tow.

Wish me luck, all. Can kids go in the cargo section?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!