PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Amazing scenes.

Was your wife in on the surprise?!? Where are they gonna sleep, I thought centre parks were pretty tight on not letting the cabins be over-full?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That would fuck me right off!! You have my permission to go postal.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Amazing scenes.

Was your wife in on the surprise?!? Where are they gonna sleep, I thought centre parks were pretty tight on not letting the cabins be over-full?

Nope, nobody knew.
    They managed to book their own cabin, thankfully on the exact opposite end
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    That would fuck me right off!! You have my permission to go postal.

I'm making my peace with it.
    They can pay for dinner
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have they explained why they stealth booked? Cos they thought it would be a nice surprise, it good they know you'd tell them not to?? Is your wife happy or annoyed??
  • SuEWdVI.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They thought it would be nice.
    My wife is annoyed as we deliberately booked this as just us because we share every holiday with them
  • You need to start leaving fake breadcrumb trails to a bothy in the Orkneys.
  • It's ok, they can help out with childcare and my wife said I can fish whenever I need an escape
  • Centre Parcs is the tits. Loving it here
    Yeah, I always kind of wanted to hate Center Paris on principle.  But it's great, especially when your kids are at the "fairly independent, but not quite" age. They fact you have to book almost everything 3 years before you get there always pissed me off though.  (Mainly because my wife and I are pretty chaotic, so we'd generally miss everything.) We went to one in Holland as well (can't remember if it was an official "Center Parks" or just a similar one) and it was great. Significantly cheaper, and felt a bit more like a "holiday" - though it did involve travelling on a ferry which is possibly my most hated form of transport. (I was once told by a fortune teller I would die at sea. I think fortune telling is complete bollocks, but it still prods that irrational bit of my brain every time I get on a boat.)

We did that too a few years ago. We went to one called Kampervennan (sic). It was huge and had a ski/snowboard centre on site. The accommodation was a lot more basic than the UK ones and the food was turd, however it was a lot cheaper and a good time. All the activity stuff was similar. 

We flew there. A reasonable flight to Eindhoven airport then taxi to the site. Easy enough.

Enjoy it Wookie. We always have a good time there.

My shout for a nice activity to do as a family is the pottery painting. Really chilled and can spend a good couple of hours there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I went to the boathouse and told them I only have a fishing pass for Thursday but once I explained to the guy there that my in laws just gate crashed and I need an escape, he smiled and said "I got you bro"
    He then upgraded my pass for the week for free and told me where the quietest swim is.

Top customer service right there. Make sure you find some way to leave him some positive feedback.
  • Just got back in after the trip to see the in laws.  Brother and sister in law and their kids are awesome.  The 4yr old is an absolute "chaos muppet" (their words).  Had so much fun with them all.

MIL is still batshit crazy and getting worse.  I limited our interactions with her as much as possible.  How my sister in law copes with her constant shit is beyond me, I'm so glad I don't have to put up with it regularly.

Had some amazing bbq and tried lots of root beers.  Wife had to go into her head office nearly every day but I had a proper holiday.  Restarted slay the spire and made some great progress.  Didn't get as much into BG3 as I wanted as I've got some sort of RSI thing going on in my left wrist.

When we arrived it was 36c.  We definitely caught the noticeable end of summer and beginning of Autumn.  Mosquitos only twatted me twice although that was still annoying as I react very badly to them.

Also went to see The Breeders on their Last Splash 30th anniversary tour.  Absolutely amazing, a once in a lifetime gig.  I will never be as effortlessly cool as Kim Deal.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Your in-laws have just turned up at Centre Parcs?
    Yep

Divorce
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Pseudoscot wrote:
    I will never be as effortlessly cool as Kim Deal.

I chatted to Kim, as well as Joey Santiago and David Lovering for about an hour before they played at V 2004. I can confirm that Kim is effortlessly cool.

Fucking hell that was nearly 20 years ago.
  • Oh fuck you all. I've wanted to see the Pixies since I was 14 and nearly 29 years later haven't managed it. Just found out the other day they've sold out 3 nights next March in the Olympia, probably the best place in Dublin to see them.

Fuckity fuck fuck.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Get Songkick downloaded, get notified before tickets go on sale.

Dice is good for peer to peer ticket sales at face value, might be worth seeing if you can register your interest on that.
  • Saw The Pixies at Edinburgh sometime around 2005/6.  Teenage Fanclub were one of the support acts.

The atmosphere in the crowd was interesting.  There was a definite vibe of fear that they might not be the same after the reformation.  Two chords in that vibe changed to absolute joy.  Magnificent.
  • Thanks Yoss!

I still remember my older brother coming home and going off on one about how good the gig was.
  • Actually if I can get my hands on tickets I'll bring my daughter. She's never been to a gig.
  • Got an afternoons fishing in by the lake, was absolutely wonderful.
    Several big bites but only managed to land one carp.
    Had two big battles with something big enough to almost bend my rod in half, resulting in a snapped line. Twice.
    First time my hook line snapped, losing just the hook and bait. Second time it snapped my mainline, lost the terminal tackle, my method feeder and led clip.

Damn.
    Was sweating at the end! Was brilliant fun!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Got an afternoons fishing in by the lake, was absolutely wonderful.
    Had two big battles with something big enough to almost bend my rod in half, resulting in a snapped line. Twice.
    First time my hook line snapped, losing just the hook and bait. Second time it snapped my mainline, lost the terminal tackle, my method feeder and led clip.

Damn.

We’ve all been there… get some ointment.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Got an afternoons fishing in by the lake, was absolutely wonderful.

Damn.

We’ve all been there… get some ointment.

Haha
  • I went to the boathouse and told them I only have a fishing pass for Thursday but once I explained to the guy there that my in laws just gate crashed and I need an escape, he smiled and said "I got you bro"
    He then upgraded my pass for the week for free and told me where the quietest swim is.

That is god-tier customer service right there.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Today is check out day and the slow drive home to reality.
    I really don't want to leave, having a great time here.
    Even my in laws haven't been enough to ruin my mood.

I don't want to go home :(
  • On the plus side I've finally learned to let go of lots of things that triggered my anxiety around family holidays.
    It's "do our own thing, don't go with extended family and other people's kids and find a place with a decent fishing lake"
  • Wookie discovering what a family holiday feels like is the nicest thing I’ve come across all year I think. Graded exposure to a bit of heat and he’ll be out in the med and loving it within five years.
  • And also, this shit is really important for your kids too. Seeing dad having a great time away from home will be lovely for them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!