Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mojácar. It's full of Brits having all days breakfasts and waking around without shirts on, like cunts.
    YKO5Vxh.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    But apart from that, it's nice.
  • TAPPS AFF
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The waterworld show is more entertaining in 20 mins than the film is in 2 and a half hours.
  • My kids are continuing the proud tradition of clearing swimming pools and earning disapproving tuts from hotel guests around the world:
    IMG_5488.jpg
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A nice souvenir of Almería - a Mohamed van.
    ayCO1ir.jpg
  • I'm in La Gomera now.
    Just got off the fishing boat. The crew flew a flag as we went back into harbour because... I caught a 450lb Marlin! So medium sized.
    Physically the most fucking demanding thing I've ever done. It absolutely destroyed me. Took about 30 mins of winding and pumping to get it in.
    We let it go. No killing allowed.
    I puked up about 30mins after getting the thing in because of the exertion and adrenaline.
    So, so far a nice relaxing holiday.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • Sounds amazing!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen

• One of the guys has decent pics I'll get them tomorrow.
  • I'm now in San Francisco for the last three days of our American tour. Since I last posted we've done Pismo Beach, Monterey and Yosemite and it's been an absolute blast. The best holiday I've ever been on - this country is as astonishing and beautiful as it is crazy, confusing and contradictory.

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5553.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg

My new favourite tshirt:
    IMG_8107.jpg
  • Amazing! How was Yosemite?
  • I'd go back and do all that again in a heartbeat to be honest. Loved it all. Yosemite is such an incredible place.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Awesome stuff Grem!
  • WorKid wrote:
    Amazing! How was Yosemite?

A bit mind blowing to be honest. The scenery was just a bit too big to comprehend at times - alongside the rangers and guides constantly telling you that the park wants to kill you (bears, mountain lions picking off straggling children, stories of women being impaled by stags, pictures of skull fractures next to the big rocks near the falls, warnings of rabid squirrels) It was slightly overwhelming.

That aside, it was so busy and rammed full of other tourists that it felt a bit like a theme park rather than a national park. That was a real shame and felt like a bit of a disappointment tbh. Scenery though, fucking hell.
    IMG_5654.jpg
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Why would anyone one go to Jordan, or any of these godforsaken gulf states for that matter. Civilisation starts at syria in the west (tense?) and Iran in the east. The desert in the middle never mattered for owt

Oman's alright.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Jordan is fantastic, especially as Syria is now off limits. Wadi Rum, Jerash, Karak castle, Petra, Red Sea diving and coral at Aqaba, The Dead Sea.
  • Fish
    http://imgur.com/a/8HFW2
    Apparently it was about 8ft from tail to bill.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Canny big fish that like. Well done!
  • Embed fishy?
    I4l7Of8_d.jpg
  • Been out today. Not a sniff of anything but I did see 3 turtles, 15 dolphins and 5 pilot wales and a tuna jumping.
  • Nice one matey!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I remember those jellyfish, they're pretty. @Gremill. Found anything on your way up North that's worth a look? We did a basic tour a couple years ago, but not been near Yosemite.

We'll probably be driving towards Oregon in two weeks. Never been there.
    Probably gonna visit Eureka, my mom and dad lived there with a couple. Just found them on Facebook and there still in the same area. It's so weird being here while my parents did more or less the same thing (in a different America though, 30+ years ago).

I just hope my mom will be able to fly over at some point, she's officially not allowed into America so has to see if she can get a visa. Really want her to be able to see it all once more, it's so beautiful here. It will hurt though, as my dad isn't around anymore.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just back from a 2 day round trip, trying to get ready for the longer trip North. I'm not sure if I can do this, it's only B, his mom and me, but I just don't have enough me time and it's driving me crazy. We're at our place now and are supposed to get ready, but B is coding and his mom is abusing or wifi, calling everyone she knows and trying to find out what to do in Paper Mario.

I've just decided to do laundry etc and wait till one of them shows any sign of wanting to continue. I think we're doing Sequoia Forest, Yosemite Park, Eureka, and then down South again via San Francisco and the PCH. Mostly camping. I'm looking forward to it but I'm not sure if B his mom knows what she's agreed to. She's 64 and not too fit (new hip, doesn't walk much, always cold, but so am I) so I'm crossing fingers we get this done. She doesn't want hotel /motel as it's expensive (she doesn't have a lot of money and this trip was a gift).
  • Leaving at half 4 to head to Croatia.  Weather isn't looking too great so I'm not as excited as I normally am to get away.  I'm sure once I'm there I'll settle into it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Back in NI for a few days, nothing like coming home. Took a drive along the causeway coast today and stopped off at Downhill beach. Really stunning scenery and reminds me it's genuinely one of my favourite places. Also makes me wish I was better at taking photos.

Off to Belfast tomorrow so wondered if @davyK had any recommendations for lunch/dinner and a decent pub?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Downhill & Castlerock are beautiful venues all right.

Re belfast hospitalty, it depends what you are after re eating.....

Stones & Bones is good for steaks. You cook your own on a hot stone at the table but if you can't be arsed with that then...
    Hadskis is great for a steak - and has other nice eats.
    Mourne Fish Restaurant for seafood.
    Malmaison Hotel nice for general eating
    am:pm isn't bad - haven't been in a while. It has a cabaret on the top floor that might be worth checking out for something unusual. (has burlesque nights sometimes)
    Sweet Afton for eating and pub
    Ten Square should still be good eat. If you want a splash then see if you can get into Deanes = lunch might be easier.
    James St South is good.
    Flame is good.

Pub-wise :
    The Duke of York is outrageously popular while still actually selling good drink.
    White's Tavern for ye olde experience.
    Muriel's is a nice experience - think you can eat there too.
    Treat yourself to a cocktail in The Merchant Hotel. About £10 a drink but opulent and truly excellent.
    The Spaniard is beside it for a quirky drink. (close to Duke of York for a wander - there are other pubs there that are good : The National and The Dirty Onion. You will be spoilt for choice really. This is close to Muriels too - then you can wander up to the Bittles which is.....odd but worth a look in.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!