Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think it is Nina. Sounds like you're having a great time.

And safe travels to yoss and shabs, I look forward to hearing about your adventures over a tankard of grog.
  • Stupid me didn't realise I was Fast Passing one of only 2 rides that has Single Rider lines...
    Rookie error
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Have a safe trip Yoss. I am spending my last full day here at Tokyo DisneySea. It is a very impressive place.

Go and get lit at the teddy Roosevelt lounge!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's probably the best cocktail bar in the world. Make sure you get a gin martini and watch their banter with the lemon aroma
  • So all options for getting out of this big family holiday I don’t want to go on have been exhausted and it seems like I now have to go spend a week with everyone in the south of France.

Goddamn it.

So what do you do when you have a holiday you don’t want? Pack your switch, plan lots of gaming time and start searching for local dojos and gyms to hang out in whilst your there
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dude, you'll be in France, go find a small village, drink a nice Pernod or something, and spend time with a book. That sounds like absolute heaven
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dude, you'll be in France, go find a small village, drink a nice Pernod or something, and spend time with a book. That sounds like absolute heaven
    It does when you’re not with 7 other people and 7 kids for 7 days
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • So all options for getting out of this big family holiday I don’t want to go on have been exhausted and it seems like I now have to go spend a week with everyone in the south of France. Goddamn it. So what do you do when you have a holiday you don’t want? Pack your switch, plan lots of gaming time and start searching for local dojos and gyms to hang out in whilst your there
    Lose your passport.
  • So all options for getting out of this big family holiday I don’t want to go on have been exhausted and it seems like I now have to go spend a week with everyone in the south of France. Goddamn it. So what do you do when you have a holiday you don’t want? Pack your switch, plan lots of gaming time and start searching for local dojos and gyms to hang out in whilst your there
    Lose your passport.

My man!!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I did that last year. Not recommended.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Volunteer to be the chef. Spend half the day on your own at the local market buying ingredients.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Volunteer to be the chef. Spend half the day on your own at the local market buying ingredients.

I will do what I did last year and build a wood fire for the bbq. Took an axe and went into the forest to collect firewood.
    Came back and found a huge pile of bricks in the shed so built a BBQ. Spent ages prepping the wood, collecting tinder and kindling and started to build.
    It was slowly catching when my father in law walked over, got frustrated it wasn’t catching fast enough and dumped a load of lighter fluid on it.

FFS.
    Ruined my manly afternoons work
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just say no, and have your own down time. If your wife has any understanding of you at all she'll surely realise that it will only make you, and by proxy her, miserable.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    At the very least, plan on getting away by yourself for a few hours every day. Sit in a bar with a book and nice beer.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Spanish are big on the idea of huge family holidays, with aunts and uncles and every cunt there. They really don't understand that some people balk at even the thought.
  • Kow wrote:
    The Spanish are big on the idea of huge family holidays, with aunts and uncles and every cunt there. They really don't understand that some people balk at even the thought.
    Yea I balk. I balk big time. I hate holidays with lots of people, even simple things such as “what shall we eat for lunch?” Become huge drawn out decisions which have to take everyone’s feelings into consideration.

I remember a few years back my wife’s family all came to visit, we were in the centre of oxford and trying to decide on where to eat. After 20 minutes of standing on a street corner with “no, I can’t eat that as I’m gluten intolerant” and “but we had Italian yesterday” my wife said “where’s Charlie?”

She called me.

I was sitting in a cafe on my own halfway through my lunch, I snuck off after a few minutes and had lunch by myself.

• My best skill in life is not going to shit that I don't want to.  I just say I don't fancy it and people leave me alone.  It's great.  Taken many years of being a bit of a dick to people to get to that stage but well worth it.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    My best skill in life is not going to shit that I don't want to.  I just say I don't fancy it and people leave me alone.  It's great.  Taken many years of being a bit of a dick to people to get to that stage but well worth it.

Oh this is a skill I’ve well rehearsed. Trouble is I’m kinda trapped here, I was going to say we can’t afford it ( we can’t) so my father in law paid for it.
    (Generous sod, taking away my excuses)

Now if I don’t go my wife can’t fly on her own with two under twos, if she could she would have to drive several hours on the other end with a hire car and she’s such a nervous driver.
    If I don’t drive us there then she can’t go.
    This means the world to her so if I don’t go, she doesn’t go and I will NEVER hear the end of it

• Kow wrote:
    Yea I balk. I balk big time. I hate holidays with lots of people, even simple things such as “what shall we eat for lunch?” Become huge drawn out decisions which have to take everyone’s feelings into consideration.

I remember a few years back my wife’s family all came to visit, we were in the centre of oxford and trying to decide on where to eat. After 20 minutes of standing on a street corner with “no, I can’t eat that as I’m gluten intolerant” and “but we had Italian yesterday” my wife said “where’s Charlie?”

She called me.

I was sitting in a cafe on my own halfway through my lunch, I snuck off after a few minutes and had lunch by myself.

You are a legend.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Kow wrote:

She called me.

You are a legend.

No, I’m just a twat who gets away with it
  • It’s a very fine line, granted.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Oh, erm, thanks! I think...

Yes... You travelled quite some distance. Most impressive.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Btw, what's the cheapest way to get to Cornwall / Penzance without a car?
    Ditto the Lake District.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    True.

Ok... 

Cheapest and quickest way without a car? o_0
  • Where from?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    London?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Lahndahn. Unless he’s moved.

The answer is probably Megabus.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Ah! Awesome!

There we go Yoss, you disabled the sarky chip just long enough to actually help!
    I'm overawed...

:]
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Have a safe trip Yoss. I am spending my last full day here at Tokyo DisneySea. It is a very impressive place.

Go and get lit at the teddy Roosevelt lounge!

Ugh, why am I just reading this now!!!
    I did have a pretty good Reuben though

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!