• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ah! Awesome!

There we go Yoss, you disabled the sarky chip just long enough to actually help!
    I'm overawed...

:]

You’re right, I’m slipping.

Borrow a bike.
  • Megabus is apparently overnight for Cornwall. Departs London Victoria at 23.30. Goes to Redruth and gets there at 07.10. Quick spot of breakfast in Redruth, then your looking at about £6 for the train from Redruth to Penzance.
    Other bus lines probably do it in daytime hours.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • In fact, Fri/Sat/Sun Megabus do one that leaves at midday, but doesn't get to Redruth till 20.30. Me, I'd do the overnight tbh. Daytime bus journeys of that length are brutal. Anyhoo prices vary from about £12-£25 depending on when you want to travel, possibly less if it's far in the future.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ah so the G stands for google
  • Speaking of walking places I once did the Appalachian trail. Took me 6 months just about. I’d like to do it again but kids and wife mean unlikely.
  • He's turned over a new leaf
  • I couldnt think of anything worse than the megabus.
    But then again I hate buses. 
    And people.

Public Transport can do one.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Speaking of walking places I once did the Appalachian trail. Took me 6 months just about. I’d like to do it again but kids and wife mean unlikely.

Fuck your ear.
  • Surely you need a car in devon / cornwall? I went a few years ago and we'd have been fucked without some wheels.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Surely you need a car in devon / cornwall? I went a few years ago and we'd have been fucked without some wheels.

Yeah, public transport isn't great down that way. Even if you catch the once every two hour bus it's probably only going to get you to within 3 or 4 miles of where you want to go.
  • I couldnt think of anything worse than the megabus. But then again I hate buses.  And people. Public Transport can do one.

I think it’s time you saw a shrink...

(By the way, I’ve done the walk-off-and-have-lunch-by-myself thing on more than one occasion!)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • True. Ok...  Cheapest and quickest way without a car? o_0

Dude, just hire a car. Once you get off the motorway, the drive to (and around) the lakes is amazing. Specially as you can just stop, park up, and admire the beauty. Did it in summer 2016.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I couldnt think of anything worse than the megabus. But then again I hate buses.  And people. Public Transport can do one.

(By the way, I’ve done the walk-off-and-have-lunch-by-myself thing on more than one occasion!)

I have a similar dislike for buses. Other public transport is okay but for some reason i look down on buses as transport even though they're mostly fine.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I couldnt think of anything worse than the megabus. But then again I hate buses.  And people. Public Transport can do one.

I can’t afford a shrink, I go to the gym and train in the Dojo most days instead, best and cheapest form of therapy there is.

I agree I’m slightly screwed up though

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Are there lakes in cornwall?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't think it is Nina. Sounds like you're having a great time.
    I just checked, everyone can watch them. Have to double check then if they're OK with me posting some pictures here. It's not my kid after all.

We are back from our small road trip towards Santa Cruz and Monterrey Bay Aquarium. Funny to see how all the kids go crazy when they spot the Dory fish, proper celebrity that.

It's been so much fun so far, the kid is cheeky as hell so you need to be very careful with how you say things or otherwise you'll end up in a long discussion explaining yourself. He also catches every swear word B uses.

On our way to Universal Studios now, hopefully nothing looks too exciting from the outside, otherwise he gets scared by the rides again.

• I found Universal to be a bit of a disappointment. For gods sake don’t go on The Walking Dead attraction, it’s even worse than the TV series.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    We're having fun now, the kid enjoyed both Harry Potter rides and seems to be over his fear of rollercoasters. Special Effects show was still scary, he didn't like the knives and man on fire. We've had duff beers and a huge donut in Simpson land.

Walking Dead is recommended for 13 years and older, so we're skipping that one. He really wants to go on there but it's probably a bit too scary (for me).

It's a cloudy day here, waiting lines are very quick so that's a good thing. I probably prefer Disney, but at least you can take pictures with the characters here. Disney had Mickey and Minnie locked in their houses, with a 45 minute waiting line for both.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Off to London this weekend. Staying in Bethnal Green because I like that area. Get in late on Friday, have matinee show of Hamilton on Saturday lunch time, then probably Chinatown dinner, and want to go to the Southbank for the abba exhibition on Sunday. Aside from that, no other plans, for food or things to do. Any suggestions? Last time we came down, this place delivered HARD. Went to Duck and Waffle, The Breakfast Club, Green Papaya. Hopefully gang can deliver.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    You're so close to Shorditch you will literally go mad with food choices...

If you make the walk up to Hoxton (not far, three miles walk at most), there's a small Vietnamese community... And baare' restaurants. You'll probably find the best Bahn Mi or noodle soup in one of those.

Then there's Brick Lane, of course...

There's a Vegan Burger place there that has an awesome selection.

Then there's Cook Daily in Box Park on Shorditch High Street... That picked up some rave reviews from even the most ardent gastronomic snobs, and is frequented by some famous types these days...

And right next door, they probably have the best fried chicken place in London...

Oh... And almost anything from Spittal Fields market.

It's worthless going on about all this shit. Shorditch is crazy on food these days...

London is a fuck.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I'm surrounded by these places, but have a Tesco Clubcard.

FML.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Off to London this weekend. Staying in Bethnal Green because I like that area. Get in late on Friday, have matinee show of Hamilton on Saturday lunch time, then probably Chinatown dinner, and want to go to the Southbank for the abba exhibition on Sunday. Aside from that, no other plans, for food or things to do. Any suggestions? Last time we came down, this place delivered HARD. Went to Duck and Waffle, The Breakfast Club, Green Papaya. Hopefully gang can deliver.

Lots to do! Sadly I can never remember the names of any places.
    You could always jump on a train and come visit old family Wookie

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think we might be too much drinky eaty ;)
  • I don’t blame ya! Got so many options to chose from!
    Enjoy :)
  • Off to the Sani resort in Greece for nine nights with wife and Boy!
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly wrote:

Im still waiting outside Camden Tube for you to take you to the Switch event. It’s been about 15 months but I’m still hopeful.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fancy a beer, Reg?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    With my wife sadly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    cpngvwR.jpg

U94HcMT.jpg

k9z7Gwu.jpg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah, that's why it's raining - the Scots have brought the weather with them.

FFS reg.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!