jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    I'd like to see Ricciardo at Ferrari embarrassing Vettel again but that's not going to happen. Leclerc seems likely.
    He's got the talent but Ferrari don't have history of nuturing such young talent. Sainz would absolutely be the best choice.. not sure how water tight his red bull contract is.. or whether he's going to stay at Renault after Red Bull stop using renault engines but he'd be the best man for the job.

That's true, although the media seem to think that it is pretty much a done deal. I can see Vettel being happy with him, at least until it turns out that he is faster in an equivalent car ;)
  • One things for certain I think Grosjean's chance of the seat is all but over.
    The Forum Herald™
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    One things for certain I think Grosjean's chance of the seat is all but over.

Yeah... I used to like him when everyone seemed to dislike him for causing accidents before he was dropped for a year, but since he returned he has been gradually digging himself a hole and is likely to end up being buried in it before long.
  • For all the 'excitement' about drivers potentially moving here and there at the top teams, I expect everyone will pretty much stay where they are...leclerc will prob replace Kimi, but Ric will stay at RB, and merc will keep Ham and Bottas.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Leclec is a shoe in for the ferrari slot should kimi quit. I suspect vettel wants kimi around under he wins a world championship with ferrari.

Only risk for Leclec is that he ends up being used as a no2 driver who's race strategy is compromised for vettel.

Haas need to dump both their drivers, both useless shite.

As Ram@ said short of Hamilton retiring the top teams will keep what they have.
  • For sure Merc is a done deal.

The Honda engine is interesting in the mix.. especially as the bit they're allegedly struggling with is the bit that's going for 2021 I think.. Can't see Danny wanting to wait around until then for potential title shot though.

Be interesting to see what Alonso does.. He's open to a top three team. I just about pissed myself.
    The Forum Herald™
  • alonso will be off to indycar for a season and a shot at indy500. i dont see mclaren turning the corner anytime soon.
  • McLaren are heading for a terminal Williams style decline while they both insist on being independent.

Funny how all the B teams have leap frogged them.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thing is McLaren have a very profitable supercar business to keep them attempting to be competitive, Williams are wholly reliant on sponsorship / paid drivers.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • McLaren at least know what the root of their problems are, wind tunnel data for aerodynamics and actual track data are askew.

Williams have just produced a very very bad car that is nigh on undrivable. Poor mechanical grip and poor aero combined with the most powerful engine on the grid.

Will be interesting to see what happens with these teams. It would be good if Mclaren or Renault were properly competitive and knocking on the door of the top 5, but no, we'll have to do with three competitive teams.
  • I'm not so sure McLaren particularly 'know' what the problem is. "Wind tunnel correlation issues", whilst I'm sure is a big and valid issue, always feels like an easy to use excuse too.
    All the testing they do is often around comparing real world to wind tunnel, and then you adjust from that to make it correlate. Are they trying to say that the car is great in the wind tunnel and just not working like that in real life? Is that like having 'the best chassis' but a bad engine like last year?
  • Yeah it's absolute bull. Clearly money is not the issue either although no title sponsor and a lack of prize money can't help. I don't care how many road cars your selling or how many Saudi billionaires are owners.. no ones throwing money into a blackhole and other than Alonso's salary there's no sign of them trying to spend their way out of trouble.

Even Red Bull are rumoured to be wanting to spend less on F1.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's being reported Hamilton has signed a two year £40 million a year extension. If he wins the title this year that would give him a chance of equaling michael's record.
    The Forum Herald™
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It's being reported Hamilton has signed a two year £40 million a year extension. If he wins the title this year that would give him a chance of equaling michael's record.

Not bad.
  • he might as well carry on till the 2021 season when the new engine rules kick in. the status quo will most likely change then.
  • I think he’s played a blinder, 

You’d put money on Merc nailing 2021...but just in case he’s in a commanding position.

I’d have a fiver on him going to Ferrari right at the end.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeh i can see hamo in a ferrari and vettel in a merc in the future.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Good stuff by Bottas.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    And Grosjean. I wonder if he'll actually score some points at last.
  • Wonder what the odds are on grosjean binning it on the warm up lap?
  • Lol apparently it’s not as bad as the season he got banned

What odds Mercedes giving Lewis the preferred strategy tomorrow now they are in a proper championship fight ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Think it depends how close vettel is, assuming they get away 1-2 as they stand...if it's comfortable i reckon they'll let bottas win and be happy with hammo 2nd- if they're worried about vettel under/over cut getting ham then they'll use bottas as a blocker...
  • Just seen Vettel's got a 3 place penalty for blocking Sainz so starts 6th.
    So i reckon Merc will settle for whoever gets to 1st corner in lead will win.
  • Yeah for sure.

Which is stupid.

Athough lewis doesn’t like team orders
    The Forum Herald™
  • 3 drs zones for the gp. hopefully we'll see overtaking on a track thats notorious difficult to overtake on.
  • Should be fine wi5h out Rosberg.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Verstapen is just a perilous cunt isn't he. He just can't hide it, it comes out eventually. He deserves to be beaten up by a teammate, made to cry. Little bitch.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    3 drs zones for the gp. hopefully we'll see overtaking on a track thats notorious difficult to overtake on.

Hopefully the one between turns 1 and 3 will help, as the finishing straight isn't long enough to make a move then turn 1 seems very difficult to follow another car through, so the chasing car always lost too much there.
  • Sky F1 has a short feature on the old austria gp track of the 70s/80s. It looked an amazing drive and a white knuckle ride for the drivers. Shame modern f1 wouldnt allow corners like that again. Gerhard Berger and Brundle said it had frightening corners. Some praise indeed.
  • What!
    A!
    Start!
    #hammertime
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!