Football Manager 2018
  • Bebe has just scored in a 5-0 demolition of Barcelona, in which Kieran Richardson and Ryan Shawcross also played.
  • Bebe has just scored in a 5-0 demolition of Barcelona, in which Kieran Richardson and Ryan Shawcross also played.

Hahaha. Your a legendary manager already.

Football manager is such a realistic sim....
    SFV - reddave360
  • Is this the right thread for FM2020 chat too?
    It's on gamepass ultimate, so grabbed it on PC and spent last couple of days muddling through.

First question is how does anyone ever find the time to play this in normal times? i've been at it for 2 days, and cos of the current situation been able to run it 'in the background' while working...despite therefore putting in more hours in a game per day than i have for many years, i've so far played 2 league matches! And that's with leaving all reserve, youth and training stuff to the assistants.

Of course i took on Newcastle. Squad is as it is now (so including Jan transfers), though we're at the start of the season (so i have two loaned left backs!).
    Andy Carroll has an injury that should take a few days to recover but it's been 4 weeks and has only managed 20mins of game time. Dwight Gayle is injured, and no one will buy him or Jack Colback.
    I sold Yedlin then Lazaro broke his ankle.
    I was trying to get a Director of Football to deal with some of the transfer stuff...currrently Mike Ashley steps in here...I tried to buy a cheap player that i felt would be great, they rejected my half mill offer, so i left it to Ashley who offered 170K.
    I did get a Director of Football eventually - he signed the day after transfer window closed!
    So far, so Newcastle...

Anyway
    I immediately set up my attacking WW custom formation I've been working on in my head for the real team. Alas Matt Richie isn't a natural at halfback so most of the summer was spent searching for a player in that role. Playing Hayden just felt wrong.
    I signed 'Fischer' from FC Kobenhavn for 5 mill, nominally a winger but can play ST as i didn't have much faith in Joelinton.
    I then also signed Klaus Jan Huntelaar for a million, he's 35 but i needed someone who can finish.
    Signed a couple of other random young cheapos for the future (hopefully).

Preseason was a big success. Drew one game and won all the rest, though admittedly mainly against lesser teams. The assistant insists Bentaleb is my best midfielder, but he keeps playing shite then i bring on a Longstaff who does well. Similar story with Rose, and then i bring on Willems who gets an assist. Matt Richie doesn't seem to fit a position but wherever i play him he does well and keeps scoring. Joelinton also banging them in and Huntelaar scored in his first 3 preseason games. new guy Fischer is injury prone, him and Maximin seem to pick up a knock every game.

Then at the end of the window, just before first league game, I signed Stepanenko from Shaktar, the DM Halfback I wanted. Team is ready. Shelvey and Matty Longstaff get injured - team is sort of ready!
    First game away to spurs, Kane scores after 4 minutes. Went on to be a close game, losing 0-1.
    Second game, home to Villa, won 4-0! Rose breaks his ankle after 4 minutes.

Here's how the team shapes up currently.
    toonteam.png
    Lazarro and Shelvey would prob be in the first team if fit. Still not settled on Fischer or Almiron on the left wing. Attacking mentality naturally.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah, any version, I'm on FM17.

Andy Carroll has an injury that should take a few days to recover but it's been 4 weeks and has only managed 20mins of game time.

The search for realism is going too far.
  • DS, when this seasons edition is released will all the latest transfers from the window be in there or do you have to wait for a patch?

First time in years i fancy playing a season or two.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes, it will be fully updated. Jan transfer window patch would come early Feb.
  • Learn corner routines Dino. That's what the game is about now
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I've started a save (FM17) as Real Madrid, with the stipulation that I can only buy former Man United players. Madrid because then I start with Ronaldo. My first signing, on a free, was Keiron Richardson. The fans were not happy, but then he scored the equiliser in the Super Cup in added time, which we went on to win and have seemed to calmed down. On deadline day I added Ryan Shawcross, which cost my entire transfer budget (surprisingly just 17mill, but with addons its 24. Thats next seasons finances problem though). A lot of English players are reluctant to leave their shithole towns for Real Madrid, so I decided to bulk up my backroom with Englishmen. Paul Scholes was my first addition to the coaching staff, followed by Paul McGuiness. I added some no mark from Southend or something as head Physio because he had ace stats followed by poaching Man Citys Under 23's Sports Scientist. I tried to rob Les Kershaw as Director of Football, but he was so mortally offended by my offer of 15k a week he wont even talk to me. United pay him 1k as Chief Scout. So I went with Frank Arnesen instead. Not English, but top stats and only wanted 10k.

Went back on this yesterday and finished the season. I won erm, everything.

European Super Cup v Sevilla, won 4-3.
    Club World Cup v America (MEX) 3-2
    La Liga by 3 points. W 27 D 7 L 4 F 93 A 33 GD 60 Pts 88
    Spanish Cup v A Madrid, 3-3 won on penalties
    European Cup v Barcelona, won 4-1

Started a new season and retained the European Super Cup over Inter 3-1, and then the Spanish Super Cup 3-2 over A Madrid.

Players signed:

Keiran Richardson (Free) P 25 G1 A 4 A/R 7.06
    Ryan Shawcross (£24 m) P19 G1 A0 A/R 7.22
    Paddy McNair (loan) P9 G0 A0 A/R 6.94
    Bebe (£3m) P 16 G4 A0 A/R 7.20
    Wayne Rooney (£11.5m in Jan) P13 G 4 A 5 A/R 7.34

Backroom staff hired:
    Paul Scholes
    Paul McGuinness

I've added another 8 players for the second season, but am running into issues with home grown players. So I'm going to do a new save file, but with better planning so I can sign more players, earlier. Mata and De Gea would make things so much easier. Might see if I can figure out the editor and add some players into the youth team who don't exist, but would be there.
  • So I'm 2-1 up against Liverpool as Aberdeen in the CL round of 16. Somehow we won the first leg 2-0. Then my captain Lewis Ferguson breaks his leg between games. I know it's going to be the toughest of trips to Anfield.

After 33 minutes, Liverpool score. No need to panic, we still have a lead. I look at any way I might be able to tighten things up, when my right back gets himself sent off. 2 minutes later, as I am trying to remove Get Stuck In, the replacement for Lewis Ferguson decides it's time for him to be sent off as well.

A 1 goal lead, against Liverpool at Anfield, with 9 men. Somehow, we hold out until the 60th minute before they equalise. Never mind. Lets take them to penalties. We last 11 more minutes and then everything completely falls apart.

OqWEnXh.png

I fucking hate this game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dirty bastards
  • Dante's anti-football has been undone. I applaud Liverpool.
  • Making a file for San Marino, intended to accurately reflect as much as possible, so league structure is correct, games kick of at 2pm on Saturdays and Sundays, went and found substitution rules and so on. Left it running overnight to test that it doesn't break at any point, and bollocks it must have, because I can't find San Marino in the coefficient table. Except it's not broken, I couldn't find them because they are 8th.

San-marino.png

That's right, in a file meant to be as realistic as possible, San Marino made their way to 8th in the UEFA rankings of their own accord.
  • Pls don't give Qatar any ideas.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looking for help from our digital Fat Sams.

The robbing swines at Sports Interactive have delisted every older version of Football Manager, even last seasons.

I have FM 2012 and 13 and I'd probably be happy enough scratching an itch on those, but they won't work on the Steam Deck for some reason.

Now, I can buy an old Steam code from reseller sites like Eneba etc but I'm wondering if they'll even work now that the games aren't available in the Steam store. Is there a way to nab a hooky copy without bricking my Deck? And either way I go, what is the best recent (post Newcastoil take over) version to get?

Cheers for your time, gents. I'll owe you a pint of red wine if you can sort me out
  • Can’t help you re. Will it work, but I imagine those games are delisted for the same reasons FIFA ones are - Licenses.

They’re not allowed to keep selling ‘em without coughing up more.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Presumably you can still download the game, because I can download 12 and 13, they just don't work. I can't think of any reason why an existing key wouldn't work, but I'm still pretty green on the Steam side of things and would prefer not to drop a bollock
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If you want earlier versions, holla, but I can only do piracy based . If you want takeover based, current one is best. It's just 23 and 24 that has it. 23 you start off with like 200mil to spend as Newcastle or summat batshit
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I have every Steam release in my library and can download any of them but not sure on codes + delisted now.
  • Get fm24, it's ace
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm as tight as a ducks arse when it comes to this for some reason
  • I started a save on FM Handheld 200whatever on psp. Yeah I guess you could say I'm into football, aha ha.
  • I'm as tight as a ducks arse when it comes to this for some reason

Have you heard of football, tactics and glory…? It’s xcom meets master league or something.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sounds right up my....

Wait...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Serious though FM24 is the best version in about 9 years son just get it off cdkeys
    It usually gets reduced in Jan as well
  • Don't you have GamePass sparks? It's on there for console and PC I think?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, but I can't use that cloud caper on the deck while Nate is on the Xbox, it kicks him out of his game for some reason.

I'll keep a beady eye out in January for a sale
  • Ah, apologies, I thought GP on PC on Deck were local installs.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Big Dan manbun will back us up on the FM23/24 love Sparky get it done
  • I'm as tight as a ducks arse when it comes to this for some reason

It's £27 on CD Keys. Just do it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!