Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Snuff That Mudder!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I guess the bit there is that you're alluding to a new mechanic with materials which wasn't in the original. Again, hopefully my new copy arrives today.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    HERE WE GO

TY8d0sK.jpg

EcSzuhy.jpg

kMW31DS.jpg

27rkM2v.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DAMN

aM11YFl.jpg
  • Apart from faffing around with the camera settings & seeing if there was an option to remove the story subs in the first 2 hours....

.....its been an absolute joy.

From music, classic soundbites to gameplay. Coming from X & XB2 I can see how they stacked & then stacked again on what is a fantastic battle system with the later games. Initial thought that the Xenoblade combat might suffer for being a slightly more basic system have been washed away. Love it, just like I did with Torna's slighty more simpler system.

The world so far, breath taking. Monolith Soft may drop the ball with maps sometimes, but damn, they build some incredible looking worlds to explore & I've only just nibbled on this peach so far. Looking forward to devouring the whole thing over the next few weeks.
  • Nice pics reg, except the last one. Bah, curses self for dilly dallying on Ninty store, when orders went up. I missed the boat & got on their second wave, so no mini Monado for me...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can't wait to lose 100 hours I should be working
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LETS NOT LOSE OUR HEADS THO
  • That’s some sweet looking vinyl.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DUNBAN
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Reg, where do you typically order your physical games? CE looks great btw!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I tend to get them from official Nintendo store, or Shopto, or The game collection.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This Xenoblade one in particular seemed to sell out in 5 mins flat - sometimes there's a trade-off between getting a discount and paying full whack for a 'free' bonus from the Nintendo Store but it didn't make a difference this time.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I never did gel with 2 and I got the silly tat edition of that. Loved 1 although I think I only really done about half of it.

*runs*
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’ve busted out the Wii U and the gamepad is on charge.  I’m gonna play me some Xenoblade X this afternoon.
    Get schwifty.
  • Are you gonna pick up where you left off or start fresh? My wii u is still in use for the kids but last time I tried to play X I had no idea what was going on.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Definitely going to start again.  It’s been way too long since I last played it.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was thinking the same tbh. WiiU is still hooked up downstairs and I do have the mammoth hardback guide for it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’ll see you planetside, Reg.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I was thinking the same tbh. WiiU is still hooked up downstairs and I do have the mammoth hardback guide for it.

Looking back on the thread I saw I bought that thing. My feeling is that it was slightly less good than I wanted but it’s still quite a hefty beast with plenty of good info.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Looking back on the thread I saw I bought that thing. My feeling is that it was slightly less good than I wanted but it’s still quite a hefty beast with plenty of good info.

It's not as quite direct as you want it to be, but it's a good looking thing too.

Raiziel wrote:

One
    Two
    Three
    Four

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Ah, good memories. Perfect soundtrack for a nice relaxing wander around the city.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

It's not as quite direct as you want it to be, but it's a good looking thing too.

Raiziel wrote:

One
    Two
    Three
    Four

Is that song by Gossip? Or at least sung by Beth Ditto?

Also what’s the better game 1or 2?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    This is one of those series where everyone has a different favourite, I think.  I’ve bounced twice off X2, so of those two I’d say X1.  I think XX is going to end up being my favourite, though.  Loving my return to Mira so far.
    Get schwifty.
  • I bounced off 1 and 2 (the former felt kind of spacious and dead but the world wasn’t that interesting; the latter felt systemsly cumbersome - at least early on). X is my favourite for the density of story in the main city and the overall world was genius to me some how they created an environment that had hidden layers despite have all of those layers in full sight.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've cleared both one and two - the former is now a third playthrough on Switch - and the Torna DLC. In terms of mechanics, Torna is the tightest package of them all - really streamlined and packed with action.
    It has me excited for the epilogue for One.

X is something fucking else. I go all over the place on it. It sure has a charm to it.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Playing XC DE with my son. Never played it before and barely started XC2 on Wii U - I think the controls and overwhelming number of quests felt too daunting and I didn’t give it a fair go.

This time though we’ve stuck with it and it’s just clicked. The battle system is still something of a mystery, but we’re slowly learning how to use it.

The world and it’s characters are very charming. Going forward I’ll concentrate on the side mini quests and get our team buffed up and let the boy progress the main story.

My son has learning difficulties, but brought down an early boss in the caves after several attempts. Going to be a good one to go through together.
    Things can only get better.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Where are you?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    My son has just got out the other side of the first cave area, just entering Bionis' Leg. I went back and mopped up the quests and upgraded weapons and clothing. I'm crafting gems too and plugging them into slots, seems to be providing a lot of boosts to the players stats.
    Things can only get better.
  • Can't believe reg actually unsealed a game. Why would you do that?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:
    My son has just got out the other side of the first cave area, just entering Bionis' Leg. I went back and mopped up the quests and upgraded weapons and clothing. I'm crafting gems too and plugging them into slots, seems to be providing a lot of boosts to the players stats.

You're on a good pace tbh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!