Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Snuff That Mudder!
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Good to know, cheers.
    Things can only get better.
  • I've been quietly plugging away at the DE since it came out - it's my current go-to escape from work/life.  Having not touched any of the Xenoblade games before I initially bounced off it quite hard as the combat seemed uninvolved and confusing whilst the voice acting...  (Cringes)

And yet, I've been playing it a lot.  It feels like I should be nearing the end, but I'm guessing, given its reputation, I'm nowhere near.
    Spoiler:
    Really it's just about wandering over this beautiful if ridiculous world though isn't it?
  • I think what is yellow changes as you get better - so yellows at the beginning of the game eventually become easy and are no longer yellow.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Picking up where my son and I left off:
    Spoiler:

Made us both giggle.
    Things can only get better.
  • I think what is yellow changes as you get better - so yellows at the beginning of the game eventually become easy and are no longer yellow.

Definitely. I'm a fan of games that let you go back to previous areas once you're massively OP and strut around like a God, and I've been doing a bit of that already.
    Spoiler:
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm loving being back in the world and it looks better than ever. 

I had 9 days off work and I've put about 65 hours in. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the 150 hours I put into the 3DS version, as the signposting does away with a lot of faff. Which is kind of a shame, as a good RPG needs a bit of aimless wandering...

I'm at the same place as Tin and have just hit a bit of a difficulty spike which I vaguely, possibly remember from my previous playthroughs. I had a few frustrating attempts before deciding to go back and see if I'd missed any sidequests and whatnot. I had, and hopefully I'll crack it next time with the extra couple of levels I gained. I can always have a fiddle with my party if that fails.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    I'm loving being back in the world and it looks better than ever.  I had 9 days off work and I've put about 65 hours in. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the 150 hours I put into the 3DS version, as the signposting does away with a lot of faff. Which is kind of a shame, as a good RPG needs a bit of aimless wandering... I'm at the same place as Tin and have just hit a bit of a difficulty spike which I vaguely, possibly remember from my previous playthroughs. I had a few frustrating attempts before deciding to go back and see if I'd missed any sidequests and whatnot. I had, and hopefully I'll crack it next time with the extra couple of levels I gained. I can always have a fiddle with my party if that fails.

I have loads of side quests I've missed.  (My God there are a lot of side quests.)
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I have tried to do every side quest going. I've just cleared the nopon village and I have done a lot of side quests. I'm 26 hours in.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am moderately over levelled tho which is nice
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I've never seen so many tutorials in a game before...
  • Sooooo Disciple Lorithia.

Thay was a solid fight that went over 3 sessions, required constant party & equipment tinkering, gem creation & a hint of leveling up.

Probably the hardest fight I've ever had in a jrpg, plenty of screams of "bullshit" thrown at the TV, but today she went down & apparently its all down hill now ref the story bosses.

I've read she has been nerfed for this version, can't even, no, don't even want to think about the stress that would generate playing the OG version.

Not paying for my insolence anymore, onwards & upwards.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Sooooo Disciple Lorithia. Thay was a solid fight that went over 3 sessions, required constant party & equipment tinkering, gem creation & a hint of leveling up. Probably the hardest fight I've ever had in a jrpg, plenty of screams of "bullshit" thrown at the TV, but today she went down & apparently its all down hill now ref the story bosses. I've read she has been nerfed for this version, can't even, no, don't even want to think about the stress that would generate playing the OG version. Not paying for my insolence anymore, onwards & upwards.

I was pretty happy when I finally destroyed her, it required a fundamental shift in play style, but satisfying when I got there.  And no, I don't want to think about a harder version either.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Is she the one in the Bionis Interior?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Is she the one in the Bionis Interior?

She is, at the very heart of it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thats probably the hardest boss in the game - straight shot through after!
  • Not confirmed it, but I think 2 moves were debuffed a little & the actual area you fight in was made bigger in the Switch version.

Seeing I lost a few attempts due to AI compadres taking a dip in the funky green stuff, I'm sure the wiimote might of been launched into the TV fighting in a smaller arena if I played it back in the day.

Hopefully finish this later tonight/tomorrow.

Anyone have an idea on how long Future Connected will take to clock roughly?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've seen 20 hours mentioned. I started it the same day I finished the main course, but quickly realised I needed a break. Looking forward to going back at some point.
  • Cheers Birdy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I cleared future connected in about 15 hours and am fairly sure I did everything
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I should probably bump this instead of endlessly chatting about Xenoblade Chronicles 3 in the Switch console thread.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Few hours into 3 and everything is a bit brown and grey at the moment. Hopefully there will be some nice, lush green stuff soon.

Battle system is easier to get my head around than 2, which is probably the main reason it didn’t click.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bird - I'm into chapter 2, not sure where you are but
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    If 3 is the same as 1, it’ll start fairly hum drum, but’ll quickly develop into some pretty amazing scenery.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think it's probably a purposeful choice to match the tone of the opening and the constant war that they are in.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    True. It’d be a bit jarring for it to be an endless conflict in somewhere green and verdant.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Don't like how the targeting works in this at all. Doing the tank section and it's really hard to cycle through the enemies your fighting without targeting stuff in background that your not even in combat with. It's kinda infuriating when your trying to keep aggro on multiple enemies.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Options > Game > Targetting Controls (in battle) > Enemies in Battle

That'll stop you targetting any background monsters you're not actually engaged with.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    So, got to the bit with the job system malarky.

Fostering Classes:
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, basically means S = good one to have as your active character, D = leave it to the CPU, I guess?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I thought that must be the case. Just weirdly worded. I wouldn't have wanted to spend time making everything S only to find out I'd make things more difficult.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!