Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Sandy Hook shooting to some is now a conspiracy, faked by the Democratic Government to force stricter gun control.

This has been a thing for a very long time, and yet that's twice in a few days I've read about it as though it's new. Should've guessed that Alex Jones was the reason.
  • Bannon removed from security council
    Bloomberg wrote:
    President Donald Trump reorganized his National Security Council on Wednesday, removing his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and downgrading the role of his Homeland Security Adviser, Tom Bossert, according to a person familiar with the decision and a regulatory filing.
  • Not enough. Murder.
  • Well that's my trip to Vegas cancelled. Cheers brooks.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, yup, it's his fault we feel unwelcome in the south
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Who actually gives a fuck if he is collaborating with the Russians?
  • Well, unless it's on gay or transgender issues. That would probably be bad.
  • Who actually gives a fuck if he is collaborating with the Russians?

It's not collaborating that would be the issue - in debt to or under the control of would.

Also, I imagine most Americans wouldn't appreciate another country having such an influence on any of its presidents but especially a rival super power. And to be fair, I wouldn't be happy if I found out that France had been actively helping one political party over another in the Irish elections for example.
    SFV - reddave360
  • What's the issue again? He owes money? I cant keep up. As for what the Americans think, well, they don't mind idiocy as long as it's 100% pure American idiocy and none of this foreign idiocy, which they despise.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nobody really knows what the deal is, that's the issue.
  • Right so it's mainly bullshit then?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Could be.
  • So there might be an issue that nobody can define because nobody knows what the issue actually is, except it might involve Russians. And that issue, should it exist, might be bullshit?
  • That's about as clear as anything involving this presidency will get.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So there might be an issue that nobody can define because nobody knows what the issue actually is, except it might involve Russians. And that issue, should it exist, might be bullshit?
    Well, not exactly. There are allegations flying around which do not currently have any proof (including that Trump is in Putin's pocket owing to Putin having blackmail material to hold over Trump), which is being investigated in such a manner as to fuel speculation (the head of the investigation committee appears to have received information from White House staff which he then held a press conference about without revealing much about the information itself, then went and briefed Trump about it but still won't reveal the source to the rest of the investigative committee).

There is a chance it is nothing, but with a hopelessly compromised investigation, it's not going away any time soon.
  • Well it's clear Obamacare is still a thing. I don't keep tabs on Trump much in the news except to watch the Daily Show, and thought there might be some tangible rumour about the Russian thing, which actually seems quite trivial considering Trump is actually President of the US.
  • I'm not sure it's possible to blackmail a guy like Trump. He got voted in because of what he's like, not in spite of it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He ran for office in the first place because he enjoyed the admiration, anything that threatens that would cause issues. Combine it with a carrot in the form of making him richer if he does behave and I think you could probably get a lot of leverage over him, myself.
  • I'm not sure it's possible to blackmail a guy like Trump. He got voted in because of what he's like, not in spite of it.
    I'd say he got voted in on the perception of what he's like - a savvy businessman who can get stuff done - developed through years of flattering tv work. If the truth that comes out of this is that he took a bad loan from Russian mobsters, is all up in the money laundering that's been coming out of Russia and he's been working with Putin, then that's going to change perceptions even amongst his idiotic base. 

At the moment though, all anyone knows for a fact seems to be that many of his inner circle have had a suspiciously large amount of meetings with people that are directly answerable to Putin. 

Pence seems to have been intentionally kept clean by the Republicans for when they throw Trump overboard. They can impeach him anytime they like, they just need a shift in republican opinion.
  • He'll be a rubbish President, which is quite reassuring. If he can't even get Obamacare repealed he's not going toake significant inroads on anything else. In the face of mass fracking this whole coal thing is doomed before it's even begun. The wall isn't going to happen. The Korea thing is unnerving but nukes always are. I remain generally optimistic about his ability to get anything done whatsoever.
  • I don't think the Republicans are actually that organised to have Pence in waiting. Trump was an anomaly that somehow managed to get them in power but that's all it was. They were and should have been fucked. What the democrats need is a leader that isn't Clinton and they've got a while yet to get their shit together.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    So there might be an issue that nobody can define because nobody knows what the issue actually is, except it might involve Russians. And that issue, should it exist, might be bullshit?

How can someone act in the best interests of the American people (its debatable if they ever do, I know, but that is their purpose) if they are beholden to a foreign power? It's not difficult to see the conflicts of interest that arise from that situation.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm not sure it's possible to blackmail a guy like Trump. He got voted in because of what he's like, not in spite of it.

That won't stop legal action though if criminal acts have been comited.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Who actually gives a fuck if he is collaborating with the Russians?

It's not collaborating that would be the issue - in debt to or under the control of would.

Not even sure that's a huge problem, think we worked out the other day that America currently owe China the equivalent of California and another state
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    In debt to not in a financial sense is how I read that.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Who actually gives a fuck if he is collaborating with the Russians?

Not even sure that's a huge problem, think we worked out the other day that America currently owe China the equivalent of California and another state

Well, I can be in debt in business to a supplier due to purchasing as is the norm and things are fine. I can also be in debt to a supplier by taking kick backs or buying dodgy produce and selling it as something else. In case A it's business as usual, in case B because the supplier would have something on me he now has leverage to force me to make decisions that suit him over me or my business.

SFV - reddave360
  • Seems Trump has removed Bannon from the security council. The Trump administration showing cracks?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It was never fully formed tbh.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Seems Trump has removed Bannon from the security council. The Trump administration showing cracks?

Good.

They were probably giving him boring debriefings until he got the message.

Next stop, nullifying Sessions, somehow.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/us/politics/national-security-council-stephen-bannon.html

Actually quite worrying, because now that means it's essentially just Trump and his kids calling the shots...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!