Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • American politics is a lot like Game of Thrones which itself is based on European feudal politics.
    There's the various clans, the Trump's, the Clinton's, The Bush's, the Kennedy's and the Obama's all fighting and rivalling one another for power every 4 years. It's a snake pit full of feuds, racism, sex scandals, lies, scheming, backstabbing betrayals and double crossing. Not to mention a whiff of incest courtesy of Trump and his big mouth.
    It's all very fascinating even if the tale might culminate into ww3 and nuclear war. Entertainment at its finest.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    no relation
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What does everyone make of Trump's stance on the Syrian crisis?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I have no idea what it it is but it's probably fucking stupid
  • It has taken using chemical weapons on kids for the administration (not even the man) to say anything.
    His stance is somewhere between not giving a shIt and not daring to say anything against Russia.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I have no idea what it it is but it's probably fucking stupid

Lol, I shouldn't agree, but I really do, blokes a goon

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Hard to say if this is him reacting to cable news or it's attempt to do something militarily because his domestic policies have stalled. Either option is worrying without a clear idea of what the end result of regime change in Syria would be.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't think Trump has a clear idea of how one of his Tweets will end when he starts writing it.
  • I wonder if Russia has given Trump the nod to strike.
    Russia have obviously backed Assad and wouldn't want to turn and be held to account for backing him.
    However Assad is definitely a lost cause and has made Russia look bad with this chemical attack

I could see Russia allowing a strike without retaliation if all evidence of Russian inolvement in war crimes burns with Assad.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fucking hell Liv, quite the accusation

Don't get us all put on a watchlist mate
  • Haha.
    Well the sticking point has always been a cold war 2 scenario if the US went in hard.
    Something must have changed and I do think Assad has made Putin look like a right knobhead.

I mean, what does Assad know? Russia won't want him captured.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Fucking hell Liv, quite the accusation Don't get us all put on a watchlist mate

Came so soon after the terrorist attack in Russia too.
  • Is Trumps reaction to Syria to invade Serie A?
  • Well trump didn't hang around did he? 59 tomahawks fired at a Syria air base. This proxy war could really start to escalate now. I see another pointless UN discussion and vote where Russia and China veto.
  • I wonder if Russia has given Trump the nod to strike.
    Russia have obviously backed Assad and wouldn't want to turn and be held to account for backing him.
    However Assad is definitely a lost cause and has made Russia look bad with this chemical attack

I could see Russia allowing a strike without retaliation if all evidence of Russian inolvement in war crimes burns with Assad.

@Live, I'm speechless. If the average Joe in the street thinks like that then, people will believe anything.
  • I'm not sure what's so controversial about Livs point?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • That Russia can veto the US military?
  • It's not impossible given the absolute clusterfuck that is the current administration and what we don't know about its ties with Russia.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I
    I wonder if Russia has given Trump the nod to strike. Russia have obviously backed Assad and wouldn't want to turn and be held to account for backing him. However Assad is definitely a lost cause and has made Russia look bad with this chemical attack I could see Russia allowing a strike without retaliation if all evidence of Russian inolvement in war crimes burns with Assad.

Tosh. First of all where is the evidence Assad did this? Secondly, why would he do it? He's winning.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    I
    I wonder if Russia has given Trump the nod to strike. Russia have obviously backed Assad and wouldn't want to turn and be held to account for backing him. However Assad is definitely a lost cause and has made Russia look bad with this chemical attack I could see Russia allowing a strike without retaliation if all evidence of Russian inolvement in war crimes burns with Assad.

Tosh. First of all where is the evidence Assad did this? Secondly, why would he do it? He's winning.

Well we haven't seen any evidence either way have we? Plus he has previous.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:

Agreed. But at this stage, we're probably not going to see a proper investigation.

Before the action, the Russians were also in the frame as possible perpetrators.

The bulldozer of American diplomacy is in the favour of the Russians here.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:

Agreed. But at this stage, we're probably not going to see a proper investigation.

Before the action, the Russians were also in the frame as possible perpetrators.

Were they?
  • Putin has condemned the US strikes as "barbaric act on a sovereign nation".
  • I was actually laughing when I heard they used 60 cruise missiles for the strike.

Must have been sorting their use by date I guess!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I

Well we haven't seen any evidence either way have we? Plus he has previous.

What previous?
  • When these reports first happened, r4 invited a former Brit ambassador to Syria, on pm or news at 1, and he basically stated he doubted this was Assad, it didn't make sense since he was winning, but that in the past a chemicals stash had been bombed and exposed people to the substance. He said likeliest explanation was a bomb struck another cashe.... Since then this story has been attributed to Russian spin. But this guy was one of ours? Former ambassador? That leads me to suspect we are being told sum porkies folks.

The next "expert" was dumbfounded and just said "oh that's not my analysis at all, in my opinion the evidence points to Assad."

There was no evidence at the time, just early reports of a chemical attack.

Anyway, i know which story makes sense to me. The one where the guy who is winning doesn't do the one thing that might stop him from winning: give the world an excuse to intervene more directly.
  • Legaldinho has a valid point.
    Assad was winning, why the fuck use chemical weapons now? Is Trump sure or is he still consuming his security news reports straight from fox and breitbart?

This us missile strike reeks of Trump impulsivity. Such impulsiveness can easily escalate the conflict into something bigger.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I

This is the rather pertinent point. You can play out a number of scenarios but none make any real sense.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!