Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Jimenez and the the crew were later released. CNN reported that Minnesota governor Tim Waltz had apologized to CNN president Jeff Zucker for the incident. Waltz said Jimenez “clearly had the right to be there” and he was deeply sorry, CNN reported.
  • The footage of the hundred or so officers guarding that fuckers house at night while across town a precinct was abandoned is some real juxtapositioning.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was nearly in tears today watching this shit.

My only hope is when he's a fucking rotting carcass, history will dunk on Trump and his Ilk. I know that doesn't help the here and now, but imagine reading "worst presidents" in 20 years.

I also hope I live 30 more years.
  • Seems like someone gave the order to arrest them, it's not clear who exactly but I suppose we can guess.
  • It's like looking at future britain. 

Feels bad.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • hunk wrote:
    The internet is a tool which has good and bad utilisations. Free speech and using it for educative purposes is definitely a good point. The proliferation of propaganda and misinformation and feeding it to humanity of which 90% is clueless and unprepared? Bad utilisation. Sadly most of the 1% and some of the 9% don't give a ff. They  just want the social 1/9/90 pyramid manintained. Disrupting it would be bad for business.
    Yep, certainly. That also happens regardless of the internet, see newspapers and traditional media. The internet is different in it's dynamism and scale, and the ability to use computation to parse the stream of information in various ways, to give people a way of seperating truth from bullshit. I can imagine some kind of open system that collates media on a subjuct and presents the relative differences and similarities in an understandable way, to at least give the average user a chance of possibly making sense of a complex situation.

Sadly the average user is the 90% of the general population who has never received higher education. No way they even have the remote ability to parse information on the www. which sadly means we are fucked. For now at least.
    They're perfect targets to bombard with disinformation and propaganda. And as we saw in the 2016 elections, it's quite an effective strategy.

But nevermind me, I'm just a pessimist...
    Hope you're right, the world needs a ray of light.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Interesting game of spot the non white guy in that lineup of riot police. Doesn't seem particularly representative.
  • I think there is probably a good chunk of people who would actually join the police to help their communities were it not for the fact that you have work for an organisation that is known to be massively institutionally racist and which routinely murders your own people in broad daylight and gets away with it.
  • The ex police officer who killed george floyd has been charged with third degree murder and manslaughter.

Obama has tweeted on the incident

Screenshot-20200529-225123-Twitter.jpg
  • Roujin wrote:
    It's like looking at future britain.  Feels bad.

And they had a black president, so our baseline is arguably lower.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @dino something I suppose and I understand why the family are disappointed it’s not first degree. But how do they prove that when he’s police performing a dodgy restraining move? They better convict the guy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Roujin wrote:

That seems to have been the catalyst for a lot of this open racism.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    @dino something I suppose and I understand why the family are disappointed it’s not first degree. But how do they prove that when he’s police performing a dodgy restraining move? They better convict the guy.
    I dont think they would ever get a conviction on first degree murder. The prosecution would have to be able to show premeditated intent to kill. They would have to have recordings of conversations written diaries etc I believe.
    My understanding is 1st degree murder charges would have to show intent prior to any action being taken.
  • https://youtu.be/zvFpiresNRw

Video from now this comparing the difference in police response to the protests over George Floyd's death and the protests over stay at home. Watch for the guy in the red shirt and look at how he is handled compared to Floyd

SFV - reddave360
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Autopsy declares underlying health condition not asphyxia.

Fuck this shit.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's going to continue to burn if they use that to excuse not prosecuting the cop.
  • Heh, seems Trump is going for the exact same strategy which got him elected; winning over the rednecks of the Midwest. Except this time the sparks actually cause a wildfire.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Autopsy declares underlying health condition not asphyxia.

Fuck this shit.

The pressing knee to the back of the neck sure did cure the underlying condition of being alive

SFV - reddave360
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Autopsy declares underlying health condition not asphyxia. Fuck this shit.

giphy.gif
  • LivDiv wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I dont think they would ever get a conviction on first degree murder. The prosecution would have to be able to show premeditated intent to kill. They would have to have recordings of conversations written diaries etc I believe.
    My understanding is 1st degree murder charges would have to show intent prior to any action being taken.

Yeh agree with livdiv, best they could get would be third degree. Regardless the ex-cop will have to go to jail (good luck in there mate).

Thats now three deaths of innocent people who all happen to be black. A jogger, an emt who was shot 8 times by accident in a raid on the wrong house and george floyd. You do wonder where this end.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's a lot more than 3.
  • Killer Mike's speech is pretty damn powerful.

Seems Trump is being pretty blantent now with his racism and signalling, more so than previously.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    http://imgur.com/gallery/ns3yRuA

A very small selection of the bullshit Americans have to put up with when it comes to their police.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Killer Mike's speech is pretty damn powerful.

Seems Trump is being pretty blantent now with his racism and signalling, more so than previously.

Watched that earlier. The guy is a legend.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gamertag: gremill
  • That's powerful stuff.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Roujin wrote:
    That seems to have been the catalyst for a lot of this open racism.

I don't understand.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • This mirrors London+ riots in '11 a lot but of course America has a much bigger more ostentatious mirror so

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!