Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Kow wrote:
    I'm not sure it's a good idea of the part of the Republicans. I mean, the voters he's going to sway are anti-vaxers and other assorted nutjobs, who are already Trump voters. I don't think he's going to sway left-leaning, hip hop-listening youth.
    Black vote surely innit?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Because black people are thick and will vote for a nutjob just because he's black?
  • My point was the GoP are oppurtunistic money grubbing arseholes willing to take advantage of anyone if they can gain from it. Whether that be a narcissistic Trump or a bipolar Kanye, it doesn't matter. If they believe 'recruiting' them gives them an edge and another term, they'll do it.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kow wrote:
    Because black people are thick and will vote for a nutjob just because he's black?
    It's certainly not what I think, but sadly I wouldn't be surprised if Trump and his cronies shared that opinion.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Could backfire spectacularly. Not that I have a clue, but I'd suppose the majority of Kanye's fans are well to do white kids.
  • Kow wrote:
    Could backfire spectacularly.
    That would be hilarious.
  • They'll have polled a lot before spending time and money, not infallible, but still slightly worrying.
  • Trump has put a deadline of today for Congress to reach an agreement on a relief package or he will sign an executive order.

Where is Trump? At his golf course in New Jersey having put a lod on any work today. So he won't even be delivering a press conference later.

Now I'm not saying he is involved in the negotiations at all but does that not just show the contempt he has for the people?

While it is discussed whether people will get money for the basics in life he is swanning about at an exclusive golf club he owns.
    A decent President would be at work, assisting with the negotiations and ready to act where needs be. At the very least as a show of comradery. Then again you can't say "comrade" in America.
  • Kamela Harris it is then.

Great way to energise the base.
  • Harris sucks a lot, but then they all do at this point, who fucking cares.
  • Kow wrote:
    More the overall younger vote, which is more likely to go towards the Dems generally. And it's not like they need him to do major damage - just a percentage point here and there where it might be tight.

Commitment to democracy in the US is so low that there's always going to be a small percentage of voters in these elections that have basically no interest in politics and could be swayed by a recognisable celebrity.
  • Kamela Harris it is then.

Great way to energise the base.

Fuck yeah. Getting a fucking cop in, especially one with an extremely shitty record, is just what the Dems need.

Still, to paraphrase Brooks, they're all cunts.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Trump promoting birtherism regarding Kamila Harris. He really is the worst piece of shit.
  • 4 years in and I’m still shocked by how brazen a cunt Trump can be. This attempted mail-in voting scam is so fucking blatant it’s incredible that he might even get away with it
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Even if it undermines it enough for him to question it's legitimacy is kinda a win for him. Ironically. Absurd trust one person has so much power in a theoretical democracy. But he knows this election is a genuine existential threat to him, his freedom, his business, his family, his legacy, so he's gonna go down fighting for sure.
  • What get me about trump trying to stop mail in ballots is that he said they were open to corruption then goes ahead and proves it by doing it himself!
    You rang.....
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah that's what I was meaning. Twisted genius. Mayber.
  • Nothing genius there. Just a senile old cunt throwing his toys out the pram.
    He is galvanising his followers while putting off fence sitters. His base only get one vote each though.
  • The man did this during his campaign and still got voted in, nothing surprises me. Like, how tf wasn't this just the end of him?

7rjMDi9.gif
  • People wanted something different but many have rapidly realised a change isn't always for the best.
    I've seen interviews where people thought he was putting on an act during his campaign and would settle once in office.

Basically he was an unknown, now he is very much a known.
  • There are plenty of cunt world leaders out there; dicks, areholes and twats too. Yet I’m hard pressed to find any of them quite as vile and revolting as Trump.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Biden and Harris is the most boring, centrist, last thing I wanted but the Dems are also broken and it is literally 4 more years of *a fucking racist* or a quiet four years where fuck all happens, progressive or otherwise.

I'm sure as fuck not promoting or retweeting any Biden shit though. Don't want to be involved with their brand of politics
  • There is no good option but I really worry about where America will be with another 4 years of Trump.
    Am I right in saying the second term is where Presidents generally manage to make more changes and take more action?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    For the first 2 years, yes. It then depends where the senate goes. If it flips to Dems, he's the "lame duck".
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well this is the kind of documentary we need now.
  • Starting to think I would even consider voting for Biden were I a US citizen, though I really hate to lend legitimacy to the system that propagated his selection. It’s just a little more ammo for those who argued- as they always do- that a progressive nominee is unelectable, and over longer timelines perhaps this attitude is more damaging than anything Trump has done in the last 4 years.

I guess I’m still undecided. Not that it makes a difference
  • Downballot matters more, and progressive candidates have won those primaries. They need to win in November more than Biden does imo.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Biden and Harris is the most boring, centrist, last thing I wanted but the Dems are also broken and it is literally 4 more years of *a fucking racist* or a quiet four years where fuck all happens, progressive or otherwise.

I'm sure as fuck not promoting or retweeting any Biden shit though. Don't want to be involved with their brand of politics

Biden has the most progressive policy portfolio of any presidential nominee for a long time. He might be a centrist, but at least it's moving in the right direction.
  • Trump isn't a genius. He's a standard textbook DSM 5 narcissist you can find in any working office who happens to be born into a billionaire family. He ran for president out of spite (tnx Obama!) and stumbled into the oval office by accident.

The EC loophole with the Midwestern redneck states was his ticket in with a little help from Moscow and his billionaire friends exploiting unregulated targeted Facebook ads. Tapping into the mindset of disenfranchised poor white people did the rest. It's the cons 'divide and conquer' the gullible plebs strategy (aka racism) amplified to it's logical extreme and the effects aren't pretty.

The GoP assumed Trump to be a useful idiot while Trump returned the favour and assumed very much the same. Now, they are stuck with one another as Trump caves in to his base survival instincts. Who knows how far he'll go. His skin is on the line, he can't afford to lose. Not an option.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!