Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • I dunno, guillotines work pretty quickly.
  • https://www.vox.com/2020/8/27/21404117/kenosha-kyle-rittenhouse-police-gun-populism

It's just bizarre how deeply rooted racism is in the American psyche. Boggles the mind.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • nJFgOc65g5utp3arzlpFeRNjp_j4NdGNl2JLWz5A32yNdbrny42lMqzXYdil_tMdogfji_q8Efsfos3RWjUZ17fpRw15AejKpYAUVcmvpBBdtERg0PdCeQOefvwwPIhiPRUX6Luo9yaRWq1AD0stPw7CKvKGDNxPHQhtGkj1T4HTMSa0S0v9FfGtzoe-OwCkUg7v-tfKQLfgLQdt=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
    Just imagine if this lovely group had have been black....
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fuck America in the bin. I honestly think the rest of the world should just sanction the whole country. It’s tiring reading and watching more and more yet still nothing changes.
  • I think that Vox article is a bit meh tbh. Like, the racial implication of the police reaction as they drive by the kid who is trying to surrender while the crowd are also pointing and shouting out that he just shot some people is something to note, but by now is anyone surprised at the different way the police handle white suspects compared to people from different ethnic backgrounds?

I'm more surprised that people aren't writing about what the fuck is happening that made a 17 year old kid, decide he was going to take a weapon he couldnt legally carry, illegally across state lines into the next town over, to protect someone else's private property at the behest of a public militia post on facebook.

The entire concept of protecting property that's not yours, by standing around with a gun in case someone what? Breaks in? Is fucking insane. Is it just me? The response to the possibility of damage to private property from a chunk of the public is to take a gun and be ready to execute someone. And in this case, they weren't even defending property, some dude who was unarmed ran up on them in the parking lot daring someone to shoot him. 

My mind is completely blown from every angle of this story. It really encapsulates the problems in America with their gun ownership laws, the blue lives matter mentality and fucking morons being indoctrinated by heavily politicised media outlets and fucking 4Chan.

Edit: Sorry, should make it clear, my response to the Vice article is a bit flippant, yes. So, a bit of clarification, while the article makes a ton of valid points about the attitude of police towards different kinds of gun ownership from different parts of the community and that explains why this kid was treated the way he was, for me, the treatment of this kid by the police is not the biggest issue raised by this incident imo. I'm far more interested into it's clear example of a problem with the concept of "defending property" by turning up as part of an armed group of individuals, because on some level you, a private citizen, are willingly putting yourself in a situation where your response, as indicated by the possession and brandishing of your firearm, is to murder someone if they are seen damaging someone elses private property. Like, I could just go to a walmart parking lot, shoot someone I don't like and just be like "Oh, er, he was going to damage property so I shot him" and it would be no different than what happened here, and rightly, no one would buy it as a defence for my actions.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • What stands out from the vox article is how US white people are terrified of angry black people due to the country's history of slavery. It's so ingrained in their national psyche it affects/effects gun laws and attitudes towards the different social groups.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • What changed the gun laws in California was when the Black Panthers started arming themselves completely legally. The powers that be couldn't change the laws fast enough.

But you've got the dipshit-in-chief dogwhistling away about "LAW & ORDER" to get all the gobshite boot-licker authoritarians riled up against "the thugs". His team of deplorables must have figured that wars are good for rightwing appeal, but instead of abroad they'd cut costs and rile up a civil war instead. Keep fanning the flames til November and they'll have all kinds of excuses to shut down "at risk" polling stations, post national guard around "thuggish" areas etc etc.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I think that Vox article is a bit meh tbh. Like, the racial implication of the police reaction as they drive by the kid who is trying to surrender while the crowd are also pointing and shouting out that he just shot some people is something to note, but by now is anyone surprised at the different way the police handle white suspects compared to people from different ethnic backgrounds?

I'm more surprised that people aren't writing about what the fuck is happening that made a 17 year old kid, decide he was going to take a weapon he couldnt legally carry, illegally across state lines into the next town over, to protect someone else's private property at the behest of a public militia post on facebook.

The entire concept of protecting property that's not yours, by standing around with a gun in case someone what? Breaks in? Is fucking insane. Is it just me? The response to the possibility of damage to private property from a chunk of the public is to take a gun and be ready to execute someone. And in this case, they weren't even defending property, some dude who was unarmed ran up on them in the parking lot daring someone to shoot him. 

My mind is completely blown from every angle of this story. It really encapsulates the problems in America with their gun ownership laws, the blue lives matter mentality and fucking morons being indoctrinated by heavily politicised media outlets and fucking 4Chan.

Edit: Sorry, should make it clear, my response to the Vice article is a bit flippant, yes. So, a bit of clarification, while the article makes a ton of valid points about the attitude of police towards different kinds of gun ownership from different parts of the community and that explains why this kid was treated the way he was, for me, the treatment of this kid by the police is not the biggest issue raised by this incident imo. I'm far more interested into it's clear example of a problem with the concept of "defending property" by turning up as part of an armed group of individuals, because on some level you, a private citizen, are willingly putting yourself in a situation where your response, as indicated by the possession and brandishing of your firearm, is to murder someone if they are seen damaging someone elses private property. Like, I could just go to a walmart parking lot, shoot someone I don't like and just be like "Oh, er, he was going to damage property so I shot him" and it would be no different than what happened here, and rightly, no one would buy it as a defence for my actions.

Nobody is so bothered about protecting a strangers property that they would do what this kid did. He did what he did because he wanted the opportunity to shoot black guys. It's that simple.

And then you have apologists like tucker carlson and the police blaming the protesters for getting shot.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    What changed the gun laws in California was when the Black Panthers started arming themselves completely legally. The powers that be couldn't change the laws fast enough.

But you've got the dipshit-in-chief dogwhistling away about "LAW & ORDER" to get all the gobshite boot-licker authoritarians riled up against "the thugs". His team of deplorables must have figured that wars are good for rightwing appeal, but instead of abroad they'd cut costs and rile up a civil war instead. Keep fanning the flames til November and they'll have all kinds of excuses to shut down "at risk" polling stations, post national guard around "thuggish" areas etc etc.

The fact that all of this disorder and lawlessness is happening under Trump's watch seems to be lost on his supporters.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Carlson isn’t an apologist. He’s just another racist protecting more racists. He’d gladly shoot black people if he could get away with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    What changed the gun laws in California was when the Black Panthers started arming themselves completely legally. The powers that be couldn't change the laws fast enough.

The fact that all of this disorder and lawlessness is happening under Trump's watch seems to be lost on his supporters.

It's the easiest slam dunk in history during a presidential debate -

"Mr President, who has been in charge while all of this has been happening?"

And yet I have such little faith in Biden or the Democrats to tee that one up.

Prove me wrong, kids.
    Prove me wrong.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He's an apologist for racists. That doesn't mean I'm saying he's not a racist himself, quite the opposite.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    djchump wrote:

It's the easiest slam dunk in history during a presidential debate -

"Mr President, who has been in charge while all of this has been happening?"

And yet I have such little faith in Biden or the Democrats to tee that one up.

Prove me wrong, kids.
    Prove me wrong.

Yeah but the Rep narrative is now that this only happens in cities run by dems. Again it’ll be lapped up by those that want to believe and probably a few extras caught along the way.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    so the return is dead easy.

Having all those executive and national powers, what impact do you think you have had, Mr president.
  • Pick one of these 3...

1.Trump ignores follow up question and rambles about how beautiful exit wounds are, big, biggest exit wounds, absolutely fantastic, bigger than China.

2. Trump racially abuses journalist.

3. Trump ends interview then makes up words to attack network in late night tweet.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I meant in a presidential debate.
  • Pick one of these 3... 
    1. Trump ignores follow up question and rambles about how beautiful exit wounds are, big, biggest exit wounds, absolutely fantastic, bigger than China. 
    2. Trump says Biden is senile.
    3. Trump says slogan.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It works in normal context, but Debates are something else. 

It may not sway his camp, but they're actually a wee hardcore bampot, a bit like gamers.

It will help Joe Sixpack.
  • I dont think it will work, it is just waht he will do.

But then I am optimistic about Biden winning this thing. Trump is doubling down on his base at the expense of all other demographics. If the Dem candidate was remotely engaging then it would be a landslide. Im predicting a relatively comfortable win for Biden followed but much flailing from Trump.
  • I think Biden is engaging for a lot of people not on the internet.
  • I mean, I think they know his name, I don't think that's the same thing as engaging.
  • I think Bidens biggest pull is he isn't trump.
    You rang.....
  • He's definitely able to win. I wonder if he's able to fix anything though. I hope he's just avoiding promising the impossible at the moment.
  • Lurch666 wrote:
    I think Bidens biggest pull is he isn't trump.

Thats his entire platform.
  • Americas biggest problem imo is it is so adversarial to itself at the moment. Regardless of who gets in, both sides look so entrenched that I think it will need something amazing to bring them together (If anything Covid has proven that watchmen could never happen. The squid would explode and the US would keep fighting itself)
    SFV - reddave360
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I dont think it will work, it is just waht he will do.

But then I am optimistic about Biden winning this thing. Trump is doubling down on his base at the expense of all other demographics. If the Dem candidate was remotely engaging then it would be a landslide. Im predicting a relatively comfortable win for Biden followed but much flailing from Trump.
    It definitely looks like the sort of base-stirring stuff of a side that knows it’s lost and wants to keep it heartlands. I’m not optimistic though. America is a mad, mad country and if it’s close the Republicans will rob it.
  • Biden seems like a decent man and isn’t a fascist. That’s about all he’s got going for him and it should be enough. I suppose there’s a danger that, if he was a bit better defined, or had stronger politics, he’d struggle more with the swing voters he needs. On the other hand, it’s not usually the most beige candidate that wins these things.

I think it can go either way and I wouldn’t bet against Trump.
  • "Seems" is right, guy's political record is wretched.
  • Monkey's half right - he's not a fascist. At least, it's very hard to prove that he is, because it's a high bar. He is definitely a sexist, probably racist, elitist cunt - a hundo P the latter. "Decent" doesn't really extend to that, I don't think.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In a rational world Biden would be the joke candidate, like Bob Dole.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!