Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • I used 'seems' advisedly. eg
    https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1225826865715335170?lang=en

This is something Biden (well, his team) tweeted himself so, you know.
  • monkey wrote:
    Biden seems like a decent man* and isn’t a fascist.

*Terms and conditions apply.
  • Kow wrote:
    In a rational world Biden would be the joke candidate, like Bob Dole.

He was I think two times then won the lotto by being glommed onto obama.
  • Trump's strategy is becoming more and more ominous. He knows that without external support (hacking efforts by Russia, China, Brasil, Ukraine combined with Bannon's FB dark money powered propaganda strategy) he will likely loose the election. So his back up plan is..... sabotaging the election and shifting blame to covid19 and BLM. This will ihho nullify the election results which will be reason to 'extend' his rule indefinitely. His riled up far right nationalist neo nazi base will fight for him. This will include the police force and perhaps certain factions of the military? Yes, it's an idiotic plan but that's never stopped Trump from trying. And with previous success' under his belt he will keep trying.

People always wondered how fascist Trump truly is. I'm guessing he'll show his 'true' colours very soon. This is how fast a democracy can slide into authoritarian rule. Guess they should've listened to all those psychiatrists /psychologists and updated the Goldwater rule.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Of course the Russians and Putin might still support Trump. A hacking incident x social media effort could easily 'repeat' the election result of 2016. Dark money and foreign influence are still very much the X-factor of the elections.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And you can see why they'd support him - he's pretty literally making their enemy country burn
  • I'm dreading the launch of GB News (UK equivalent of Fox). It'll just do more to cement the divide and rule culture-war approach in this country. I'm not sure how there's any way back from this.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • There isn’t really. We’re fucked.
  • What concerns me about that channel isn't the channel itself but its influence on the others.
    I dont think it will get significant ratings to be an issue on its own but the BBC are flapping right now.
    Young people aren't getting TV licenses and they have to justify charging over 75s now. That older age group are more likely to lean right. Impartiality isn't really an end point in practice, it dictates the starting point, its just a justification of bias.
    If your mandate is to represent both sides then your bias dictates what the midpoint of those two sides is.

The only hope long term is that TV becomes more and more irrelevant to the point its political influence is aged out of society.
  • 'GB news are hammering this migrant thing, we better devote more airtime to that'. It slowly drags things even further to the right, which is ridiculous when you consider how rightwing most of our newspapers are and how they set the agenda on virtually every subject. It just adds up to an even more monolithic propaganda machine coming at the public from all angles.

Even if TV does fade away in importance, the right have already shown they use social media far more effectively than the left - in terms of swaying the general population anyway, lots of us wouldn't necessarily have noticed in our lefty bubbles where Corbyn was in with a shout and our timelines are full of people agreeing with each other about how awful the Tories are.
  • Trump dissing the troops is what I believe the youth call a chefkiss instance.
  • Trump's narcissism clashing with the army's nationalist pride. What a sight to behold lol.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Trump's always dissed the military. He thinks they are stupid, and is jealous of the esteem they are held in by the majority of the population.
  • Trump needs the military support. He loves display of power. Plus, how will he win 2020 without them?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That doesn't mean he doesn't detest them.
  • Indeed. Massive flashing red weak spot detected.

Recommendation: attack the weak spot.
  • hunk wrote:
    Trump needs the military support. He loves display of power. Plus, how will he win 2020 without them?

What do you mean with this? He needs the navy to help him win? How?
  • Navy Seals are being dispatched to blue states.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is that because they have the most suitable camouflage?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Trump needs the military support. He loves display of power. Plus, how will he win 2020 without them?
    I'd guess vets typically lean republican?  And without them that damages voting odds?
  • hunk wrote:
    Indeed. Massive flashing red weak spot detected. Recommendation: attack the weak spot.

For my money, I'd like to see Biden poke him more. Maybe the inside knowledge is that doesnt play well, but I'd love to see Trump called on his BS to his face more often. 

Regardless of whether they would have won, the head to head between Trump with Bernie or Warren is a missed TV-must-see.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Indeed. Massive flashing red weak spot detected. Recommendation: attack the weak spot.

For my money, I'd like to see Biden poke him more. Maybe the inside knowledge is that doesnt play well, but I'd love to see Trump called on his BS to his face more often. 

Regardless of whether they would have won, the head to head between Trump with Bernie or Warren is a missed TV-must-see.

You have the Lincoln project doing that though. They are a group of Never Trump Republicans who are producing a string of adverts targeting trump. They claim they have an audience of one, trump, because he is so egotistical they think that attacking him will wind him up so much it will trigger him into digging his own hole even deeper.

It is better for Biden to show why people should vote for him, what he will do and how he will help, rather than bringing the conversation back to Trump.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    For my money, I'd like to see Biden poke him more. Maybe the inside knowledge is that doesnt play well, but I'd love to see Trump called on his BS to his face more often.  Regardless of whether they would have won, the head to head between Trump with Bernie or Warren is a missed TV-must-see.
    You have the Lincoln project doing that though. They are a group of Never Trump Republicans who are producing a string of adverts targeting trump. They claim they have an audience of one, trump, because he is so egotistical they think that attacking him will wind him up so much it will trigger him into digging his own hole even deeper. It is better for Biden to show why people should vote for him, what he will do and how he will help, rather than bringing the conversation back to Trump.

Yeah, to be fair that's sensible. Better to focus on the reason to get someone to vote for you than the reason not to vote for the other person.

Still though... I'd love Bernie vs Trump. I'd quicker get Pay per view for that then UFC or WWE.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kamila Harris vs Trump would be excellent too. Whatever you think of her politics, she is an effective orator.
  • Kamila Harris vs Trump would be excellent too. Whatever you think of her politics, she is an effective orator.

Yeah, I'm not so much picking people who I agree with (although Bernie is a bit different) - its as much about picking someone who will tear the orange to shreds. Harris would probably be good at this.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Trump needs the military support. He loves display of power. Plus, how will he win 2020 without them?

Who's going to assist the riot police and neo-nazi vigilante's against the blm insurgent hooligans? In the eyes of Trump might is right thus the military are awesome. Except the guys who get caught behind enemy lines. Or die fighting. Those are stone cold failures and losers. The rest of the military are awesome though!

Also, Trump may need the backing of the military if he loses the 2020 election and refuses to leave.
  • hunk wrote:
    Who's going to assist the riot police and neo-nazi vigilante's against the blm insurgent hooligans? In the eyes of Trump might is right thus the military are awesome. Except the guys who get caught behind enemy lines. Or die fighting. Those are stone cold failures and losers. The rest of the military are awesome though! Also, Trump may need the backing of the military if he loses the 2020 election and refuses to leave.

In a rare defence of US Military, I think most of them are not in favour of whats going on with the Police.  Could be just the stories I've seen in my bubble online but there seems to be a lot of service people and vets who are against the heavy handed police approach
    SFV - reddave360
  • Aye, the military is the one faction Trump does not have a solid hold on. Let's hope it stays that way.
  • It is better for Biden to show why people should vote for him, what he will do and how he will help, rather than bringing the conversation back to Trump.

Someone should tell his team that then since his entire platform is "I'm not Donald Trump".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!