Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • We'll see.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fake news, people. From the failing New York Times. I pay a lot of tax. A lot of tax. And you know, if I could avoid it I would. I mean, who wants to pay tax, right? Not you. Not me. But I pay it. I do.
  • There'll be plenty of that but this really should be enough to send him off.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How many times have we said that since 2017? Guy could have a job as a frying pan.
  • I've just realised this isn't his actual tax returns, just the NYT leaking them. Yeah so fake news then.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Veep debate will be fun I reckon
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Veep debate will be fun I reckon

I hope she tears that homophobic prick apart. Although if she does I'm sure the right wing media will just categorise it as "Angry Black Woman nags Mild Mannered Devote Pence"
    SFV - reddave360
  • I dont think his tax returns will make much difference themselves but they have potential to embarrass him, when embarrassed he gets flustered, when flustered he does stuff that puts off your moderate Republicans, fence sitters and stay at homers.
  • The loony Trump hardcore right will just scream fake msm news. The group that matters, the swing voters, may be swayed.

Focus on them and Biden might stand a chance in the all important swing states.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • If all the other stuff didn’t mean anything, I don’t know why this will.
  • The man is untouchable, he is protected by a devout group of right wing voters who would still vote for him if he was photographed pan frying babies because he would just scream "fake news" and his voters would believe him.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It's too late, the right wing have won in the states and over here. There's no winning anymore.
    We might as well just accept that our society is fucked and we are all going to die at the hands of rich white elites.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wookie knows. It will take at least 10 years for anything like normality to return and we still don’t know the full extent or impact that data and social media controlled politics will have in the longer run. Part of me thinks fuck it and just bring on the corporate overlords. We may as well just give up, pop our headsets on and have a bullshit world fed to us.

after-9-years-you-know-what-i-realize-ignorance-is-bliss.jpg
  • It's too late, the right wing have won in the states and over here. There's no winning anymore. We might as well just accept that our society is fucked and we are all going to die at the hands of rich white elites.

at worst it's cyclical. bad times now from 30/40 years of terrible inequality-driving policies all round. then things get better again for a while. cf: 1945, 1964...er... due another one now
  • Trump: I'm just a squirrel, trying to get a nut
    So move your butt
    To the ballot box!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I dont think his tax returns will make much difference themselves but they have potential to embarrass him, when embarrassed he gets flustered, when flustered he does stuff that puts off your moderate Republicans, fence sitters and stay at homers.

It's just another mail in the coffin imo. He was on his way out anyway and this will only help.
  • I honestly don't think biden winning would make much of a difference anyway as for as politics helping out the majority.

There's just too much big money in politics that all we can hope for is a slight move to the left we would get with a democrat.
    America would still get mostly conservative stuff with biden but at least we would get more sanity.

I really just want trump to lose because of who he is.
    You rang.....
  • Trump's core support is significant but it's not huge. Certainly not a majority, probably closer to 25-30%. Which is still insane, but less than it often appears.

Of course those people won't give a fuck about his taxes. They'll even applaud him for acting the privileged white guy sticking it to the state. But for others it could be another reason not to vote for him, especially if the info is used to paint Trump as a loser, rather than someone who dodges responsibility. He's shit at business and this proves it.

Biden is an absolute waste of space though. Most people will vote for him to get Trump out rather than anything he stands for, and he's unlikely to inspire anyone who didn't bother to vote for Hillary last time. And in the end of course he's right-wing too. He'll get things back to normal, but normal was already awful.
  • As more voters are completely checked out the process, it becomes one rump of goons vs another, so you might only need 20/30%.
  • Voter turnout in America is stupidly low really.
    It hasn't been above 60% since the 1960s.

Anything that can make someone say "fuck this guy, I'm off to vote" is good.
    His base are already converted, they might like this tax thing but they can still only vote once (in theory).
  • The Electoral College really makes it a waste of time for a lot of people to vote though. I'm guessing Nixon winning the south fixed things pretty solidly in place.
  • It is always worth voting.
  • I'm not an expert on it at all, but I also believe there is some degree of voter suppression in the USA which goes beyond the level of access to voting issues which you tend to find in other countries.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • The rigidity of the two party system as well won't help. These are two very broad coalitions, which are going to be easy to disagree with.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I'm not an expert on it at all, but I also believe there is some degree of voter suppression in the USA which goes beyond the level of access to voting issues which you tend to find in other countries.
    A huge amount of voter suppression takes place. If Biden gets in restoring and protecting voting rights needs to be his number 1 priority.

• Roujin wrote:
    I'm not an expert on it at all, but I also believe there is some degree of voter suppression in the USA which goes beyond the level of access to voting issues which you tend to find in other countries.
    A huge amount of voter suppression takes place. If Biden gets in restoring and protecting voting rights needs to be his number 1 priority.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRLFeea9EjKOjDizvrWzM70-xOlidrOAkpoCA&usqp=CAU
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If the Democrats want any hope of getting elected in the future they will need to.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    The rigidity of the two party system as well won't help. These are two very broad coalitions, which are going to be easy to disagree with.
    My roommate didn't even know you can vote for different parties if you want to. This will also be his first time he's voting in a major election so that's probably partly why. He claimed that it didn't matter he'd vote as his parents will vote Trump.
    Now he's walking around telling everyone who wants to listen that he's doing his part and it's gonna vote this time around. He uses that for a lot of this "doing his part", I've never really figured out what it means but it makes him very proud.

He says he was close to talking his mom into not voting for Trump again 2 years ago or so, but that was only a brief moment. She's swung back to voting for Trump again, with no real reason and they shut my roommate down when he tries to talk about it (now I'm not sure how well he's able to bring stuff like this up as neutral as possible, it's not an easy thing to do). B and I met his mom once, and she seems to be a very average American women. I think it's really hard to convert anyone over 40-ish if they've always voted for the same party without really looking what's going on.

At least when I still swam I met one old guy who was really excited to vote for Biden, he didn't like Trump at all and Biden was perfect in his eyes. Gives me a little bit of hope. He could say "thank you" in over 40 languages I think. Used to do cruise ship holidays with his wife and he always wanted to be able to thank people in their own language. His Dutch one wasn't bad, and his Chinese seemed to be ok as well, going by the reaction of the guy teaching his (grand) son to swim in the lane next to me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!