Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Bad aides

Boom boom
  • I think the fact that campaigning and being president seems to age people drastically makes it different from the general population. It's not a job that elderly people are suited for that's skewed towards elderly candidates.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Prime Ministers age as well. Blair was a like a child when he entered Downing St.  I read he turned ashen when faced with his first task of signing letters containing standing orders to submarine commanders.

But you have to take the job seriously for it have an impact on you. Trump? Can't see it and my jury is out on Johnson.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Johnson has only worked about 3 months of the 10 he has been in charge.
  • davyK wrote:
    Prime Ministers age as well. Blair was a like a child when he entered Downing St.  I read he turned ashen when faced with his first task of signing letters containing standing orders to submarine commanders.

What's the context here?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    davyK wrote:

What's the context here?

As part of the nuclear deterrent sitting prime ministers have to issue orders to nuclear submarine commanders on what they are to do in the event that a nuclear strike incapacitates the UK government. Should they respond or not.
  • He was just gutted at the idea he might miss a war.
  • Ahh ok. Like a dead man's switch function or an active decision process? Fucked up either way.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Ahh ok. Like a dead man's switch function or an active decision process? Fucked up either way.

Dead man's switch. The orders are sealed and kept in a safe on the sub, only to be opened when required.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Putting your name to it is quite a thing.
  • It depends on the persons mindset. I reckon Trump would have had no problem with something like that. 

I think of my simple jobs that I have done through my career and one thing I've always tried to do is take the approach of being willing to do something that I'm asking someone else to do, regardless of what I'm paying them. I think if you have that mindset, ordering people to war or do similar actions will weigh heavy on your soul. Not saying they are in anyway similar, But I've seen other people in my position not give a toss about their employee and I imagine they would make great generals for that kind of thing.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Symptoms already. He's in for a rough time.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • As sent to a mate of mine,
    I REALLY hope Trump doesn't get some of the weirder complications.

https://youtu.be/ZdFk65psFjk

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cross post from Stay Alert.

Trump taken to hospital.

As the bloke on BBC news pointed out.
    If the symptoms were as mild as the WH are saying then it is hard to see why he would be taken to an hospital when the WH has decent medical facilities within it.
  • Trump's administration and it's collective inaction, incompetence and denial have contributed to approximately 70 9/11s worth of fatalities.

When they got Bin Laden it was celebrated. When will corona be holding the press conference I wonder.
  • Trump is of course treated with the latest pharmaceuticals and anti viral meds. You know, the stuff that most normal us citizens would struggle to pay even if insured.

I hope he has a near death experience and literally sees the light. It might give him some insights. If he dies that's okay with me too. Something karma and a Win-win situation for the world.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Boris didn't learn anything though, did he. Trump is more of a narcissist so if he does cark it the net benefit to the USA will be more lives saved if (risky assumption) someone semi competent takes charge.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think it would be difficult to find someone less competent at this stage.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Trump has already cost lives but the worst outcome is that he comes out saying it was like a minor cold and there is nothing to worry about because that will kill more.

However I'm not sure how even he can convince people it was minor since he has been hospitalised.  But then I thought insulting a war hero and his family during the last campaign would have finished him too - even allowing for the fact that he was the "wrong colour". When I saw that made no difference I concluded it didn't matter what he did.

But. Trump voters don't seem to take evidence in very well.
  • Yeah I was thinking that. If they can wheel him out shot full of pep fuel within a week and he continues his usual routine it could be a total disaster for the U.S.
  • I think we are at the point where there's nothing trump can do to stop his followers supporting him-even him dying wouldn't make a difference.
    You rang.....
  • I don't think Trump is a brave man..I personally think he's a complete pussy. So even if he beats it comfortably, and remsedivir shortens the recovery (which is all it's good for as far as I can see) by a few days, he is still gonna have to take it slow for a few days and will be told to stay off the cocktail of uppers he's on every day.

If he comes back pretending like it was nothing people will be able to tell.

That said, he won't be as bad as healthy Biden so maybe he comes back and makes that part of his bit. "I know I'm only at 50% but come one, look at the other guy"
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Doctors are saying that no-one has responded better to Covid than Trump. The Doctor, who happens to be the best Doctor in the Country and a very smart Man, said he was very, very impressed with how healthy Trump is and how he combated the virus almost by himself. And they are very surprised about this, and what they have learnt in how to treat it will be amazing, believe him.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Doctors are saying that no-one has responded better to Covid than Trump. The Doctor, who happens to be the best Doctor in the Country and a very smart Man, said he was very, very impressed with how healthy Trump is and how he combated the virus almost by himself. And they are very surprised about this, and what they have learnt in how to treat it will be amazing, believe him.

I wonder how many holes-in-1 he got last round of Golf he played?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Lurch666 wrote:
    I think we are at the point where there's nothing trump can do to stop his followers supporting him-even him dying wouldn't make a difference.

He would probably get a surge in the polls.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Republicans can just have him stuffed and plonk him behind a desk. He'll still get votes.
  • Like a Boglin full of dog food.
  • Bojo looked like death, he still doesn't look like his old self, even without having to go through ventilation corona has left its mark on him.

Assuming he's had to go for anything other than routine process just in case he gets worse, if he has symptoms like Johnson, being 10+ years older, Trump is probably not coming out of this looking like his old self, which will no doubt do wonders coupled with his narcissism and wannabe strong man posturing.

Still, can't help watching that clip of him talking about Joe Biden going everywhere in a mask from the debate, smash cutting to the IASIP title card on repeat for a chuckle every now and again.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Boris at least does the cycling and running for the newspapers occasionally as well, he wasn't in great shape, but probably not as bad as a lot of people. Trump seems like one of those people who takes the lift rather than walk up a flight of stairs.
  • Guy looks like a melted action figure.

Wears more meters of fabric per suit than a funerary procession.

Can't wait to see what he looks like after he's been ravaged.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!