Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • But yeah, could be just another lie, and he could spin a "I told you it's a hoax, it's nothing but a little flu and the only people who die of it are weak losers" - but given the ineptitude of the people involved I doubt for a second that they could properly engineer a conspiracy of lies without it leaking out. Just like Herman Cain, they're idiots who are reaping just a tiny fraction of what they've sown. I hope it kills them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tin - am I right to guess early detection / help means better odds of survival? I assume so to some extent, but any idea if that's just marginal, or potentially significant?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    But yeah, could be just another lie, and he could spin a "I told you it's a hoax, it's nothing but a little flu and the only people who die of it are weak losers" - but given the ineptitude of the people involved I doubt for a second that they could properly engineer a conspiracy of lies without it leaking out. Just like Herman Cain, they're idiots who are reaping just a tiny fraction of what they've sown. I hope it kills them.

That's the same as pretending you're on the phone to avoid talking to someone. You run the risk of your phone ringing. I doubt even they would be stupid enough to try that.
  • You do realise that we're now all on an FBI watchlist
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There aren't enough eyes in the world to read all the shit being chatted about trump right now.
  • I guess it put the nix on talking about his taxes and his white supremacy.
    Non stop news rollercoaster with that fat orange horror-show.
  • He *must* have some kind of onset vascular dementia. That's gotta be a good foothold for covid to thrash his vascular system.
  • This is the best take I’ve seen so far. Sorry for linking to it on Twitter, I don’t know any way of just sharing a Twitter-hosted video.

https://www.twitter.com/kenanperry/status/1311916589894176768
  • tin_robot wrote:
    I can't decide if it's a damning indictment of me or Trump, but my knee jerk response on hearing the news was "yeah, but does he really have it?"
    It's certainly a convenient time to get it. Especially if he can make a 'full recovery' with a couple of weeks to go, skipping a debate or two in the meantime.

Of course, the truth is probably more mundane - he got it by holding rallies and not protecting himself while surrounded by various people.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Tin - am I right to guess early detection / help means better odds of survival? I assume so to some extent, but any idea if that's just marginal, or potentially significant?

Yes - or at least early intervention improves survival in those who become seriously unwell.  We still don't have any proven disease modifying drugs (though you can bet Trump will get a whole pharmacy's worth of the stuff that might work) - but we do know that giving active support early to those who are struggling with Covid tends to result in a better outcome.  (One of the great problems with the "stay at home unless you really need us" messaging during the first wave in the UK was that people weren't sticking there hands up early enough, because they were trying not to be a bother...) 

I would expect that Trump will be monitored closely for any such signs, and steps taken on the first hint that additional support is needed.  I would not expect that we would necessarily be told that had happened of course.
  • There aren't enough eyes in the world to read all the shit being chatted on this forum.

• You can bet your arse Trump won't be taking bleach or hydroxychloroquine as treatment.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a convenient time to get it? You mean during a pandemic? Sure is.
  • You do realise that we're now all on an FBI watchlist

We are quite literally a red forum so they'd probably label us antifa.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • djchump wrote:
    I guess it put the nix on talking about his taxes and his white supremacy.

To be fair, last night when he was on hannity he did condem proud boys, kkk and white supremecy. Now he did use the usual BS - doesn't know who proud boys are, what about antifa etc. But while I doubt he means it, it hopefully points to some lines his backers in the GoP won't (publically) cross.

SFV - reddave360
  • Does Trump have symptoms?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Ah it appears it may have been a routine test after an aide tested positive.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    I guess it put the nix on talking about his taxes and his white supremacy.

To be fair, last night when he was on hannity he did condem proud boys, kkk and white supremecy. Now he did use the usual BS - doesn't know who proud boys are, what about antifa etc. But while I doubt he means it, it hopefully points to some lines his backers in the GoP won't (publically) cross.
    It’s more of a line that swing voters won’t cross. I wouldn’t put very much past the GOP.
  • Christ imagine if Biden got it. He'd be dead within the hour.
  • I wouldn't want to be involved in another garbage debate either.

Getting reports Joe's dog ate his homework anyway though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    First thought was its a fabrication. If its genuine then the optimal outcome is he gets sick but recovers and is contrite ...so perhaps knocking all that denial crap on the head. Unlikely though.
    Didn't happen with Boris, absolutely guaranteed not to happen with Trump. Self-realisation and contrition are absolutely not a part of his narcissism. I'm not like you lot with this "I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone. I wouldn't wish anyone to die" - I absolutely do wish it kills every one of those fuckers. With the depths of despair, pain and misery they have needlessly inflicted on the most vulnerable members of their society, I hope they die badly and publicly.

I think a great many people feel the same way. Trump has zero empathy and represents no-one but himself. I do let thoughts about him dying cross my mind. But really deep down it isn't what I want. I just want him to go away. I think that's why we are better than he is.

Contrition would be a fantasy. If he even recovered and was less bombastic about it that would be result. If he is unaffected by it then it will probably lead to more deaths.

I put Johnson on a different part of the spectrum. I do believe he has a certain amount of empathy and loves his country. I even believe if he were to meet a person face to face at that moment he would feel empathy. But the half-life of it is extremely short and would not affect his thinking about whatever it is he wants.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I was appalled when I saw a meme that read that boris johnson had shown that covid could be survived without any problem.
    I can see the same thing being used with this situation.(presuming the orange one survives of course).
    You rang.....
  • Some Trump voting bint on BBC news was suggesting Trump could potential do FDR style fireside addresses.

Could he fuck. The man can't address the nation all he can do is rail against journos and Democrats.
  • This just demonstrates why having two old fucks as leaders is a terrible idea. I remember thinking Saunders was too old and then they elected Biden.
  • in non-trump news (or trump adjacent I guess, given how much he's defanged the EPA and FDA etc), this is the kind of story that really cuts through to me now. The richest country in the world, and their mains water is riskier than a 3rd world country's:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/brain-amoeba-water-texas-town-b626401.html

Not the first time (Flint is an ongoing issue years later!) and not the last time, but a helpful reminder that shit in the US is fucked and we do not want to get in to FTAs with these fuckers
  • This just demonstrates why having two old fucks as leaders is a terrible idea. I remember thinking Saunders was too old and then they elected Biden.

It could be down to the individual. There are professors and intellectuals at 80+, even 90+, who remain sharp-minded as ever. I'm not sure it's a necessary condition of getting "old" that you become mentally less capable. The key appears to be "exercising the brain" by learning new things. Not reading fiction, for example, but learning a new language, or educational courses that sort of thing. Sorry sidetrack, but something I've been thinking about. I used to watch people in their 50s, 60s, 70s struggle to handle a few steps and think "I will do everything I can do never be in that position" and it stepped up my exercising and diet efforts. Now I think the same about the mind.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    This just demonstrates why having two old fucks as leaders is a terrible idea. I remember thinking Saunders was too old and then they elected Biden.

It could be down to the individual. There are professors and intellectuals at 80+, even 90+, who remain sharp-minded as ever. I'm not sure it's a necessary condition of getting "old" that you become mentally less capable. The key appears to be "exercising the brain" by learning new things. Not reading fiction, for example, but learning a new language, or educational courses that sort of thing. Sorry sidetrack, but something I've been thinking about. I used to watch people in their 50s, 60s, 70s struggle to handle a few steps and think "I will do everything I can do never be in that position" and it stepped up my exercising and diet efforts. Now I think the same about the mind.

Nah, fuck em. Ban the over forties from voting while we're at it. I want to see less democracy tbh.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bad aides

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!