Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Can the president install friendly electors in swing states that will ignore the results of the popular vote and vote for Trump in the electoral college regardless?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is it OK for presidents to encourage their supporters to violently attack their critics or the opposition?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is it normal for a president to openly call for the police to use violence against citizens and suspects?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Essentially, Trump will continue to erode democratic norms, undermine democratic institutions, abuse executive power to go after opponents and protect allies, abuse executive privilege to protect himself, and increase the systematic disenfranchisement of swathes of "undesirable" Americans.

The risk is that this then:
    1. Tips the balance even further in the GOP's favour, making it nigh on impossible for any sort of progressive to be elected.
    2. Establishes the practices above as a norm, with future president behaving in the same way.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Sorry Nina, forgot about the badgers in the US! Thoughts and prayers remind me of mass shootings which is baaad. There's still hope though so don't despair, the dems just have to be calculating and strategic with their campaign. Also, AOC is still a ray of light on the horizon.
    No worries, just teasing. 

I'm in a fairly boring part of the USA anyway, although it's a republican bubble in a mostly democratic state. Everything's very nice and safe here. Police will always make sure we don't see any homeless, they'll pick them up and drop them off in the lesser area's of Orange County.
  • Anyone watching this? initial feeling is that no audience interaction is a welcome change.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Couldn't stand more than a couple of minutes.
    Its a total shit show of Trump just shouting over Biden and the host.
  • Yeah, its hard to keep with it. Wallace let Trump run his mouth too much over answers but it has settled a bit. Moderator should have a mic cutter. 

Biden is ok at what he does I guess. He does look and sound a spent force. Trump is full of shit but he presents if its better and Biden is missing obvious shots (Trump said that others have made Covid Politic - Biden should jump on that) 

Amazing to think they didnt go with the Bernie for this though.
    SFV - reddave360
  • 2 Things - Trump is so much quicker in his comments. It may be unprofessional but he constantly gets digs in and quickly. And that leads to the second problem. Biden just smirks when Trump lands a quip - whether its good or not. He needs a comeback. Not necessarily a put down or a joke. But when he just laughs and smirks, it makes him look slow. He also isnt looking at Trump while Trump is glaring at him. I'd be a believer in eye contact being important. It makes Trump look more confident.

4 more years...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Oh God. I clicked on the link. Trump weaponises lockdown. Over to Biden
    Biden literally speaks like he is chewing corpses.

God fucking save us all.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It's just Kang and Kodos. Chuck US politics in the bin and start again.
  • OMFG, Biden is fucking atrocious. We are fucking doomed. I'm going to bed.
  • OMFG, Biden is fucking atrocious. We are fucking doomed. I'm going to bed.

Yeah.. I think I might follow you. To a different bed obviously.

It's just Kang and Kodos. Chuck US politics in the bin and start again.

Its more like watching a CM Punk UFC match.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I knew he was bad. I thought he was terrible. But I only saw bits and I thought it was possible he would be at or below that level of badness, not fucking smash all the records.
  • So many open goals. Bernie must be going crazy shouting answers at the telly.
    SFV - reddave360
  • They fucked Bernie over for this doddering corpse who will be dead within a couple of years.
  • They sure did. A chorus of losers.
  • If aliens ever invade they will take out the three superpowers first.

Net win overall.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Sorry Nina, forgot about the badgers in the US! Thoughts and prayers remind me of mass shootings which is baaad. There's still hope though so don't despair, the dems just have to be calculating and strategic with their campaign. Also, AOC is still a ray of light on the horizon.
    No worries, just teasing. 

I'm in a fairly boring part of the USA anyway, although it's a republican bubble in a mostly democratic state. Everything's very nice and safe here. Police will always make sure we don't see any homeless, they'll pick them up and drop them off in the lesser area's of Orange County.

Good to hear! Stay safe as I expect the elections to take a violent turn. Armed right wing civie militia's roaming the streets keeping an eye on the opposition? Smells like fascism.

Would've loved to see a Trump Vs Bernie debate. Bernie would've minced him on all accounts.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I watched half an hour of that. I can’t believe how bad Biden is at speaking. It’s not like he’s even struggling to get the thoughts out, the thoughts just don’t seem to be there.

He gets about five words into a sentence, then interrupts himself and starts saying a different sentence hat he’s remembered, sometimes he’ll interrupt himself again before he’s finished. A shambling mess.

Donald Trump came off as the smart one which is really saying something.
  • I predicted Trump would stoke his armed goon militias. He'll declare the election null and void because of the chaos and violence and refuse to step down. A crisis ensues and the supreme court will back him because.....partisanship. Checks and balances are no more. The Dems will sputter and protest to no avail as the world watches the US burn, stunned at it all.

This is basically Trump's genius big plan. 4 more years.....
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Apparently 60% of poll respondents thought Biden did better. 28% thought Trump. To coin an American phrase, "go figure".

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/09/30/rel11a.-.debate.poll.pdf
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Orange Clown vs Shambling Corpse. Fight!
  • Thanks goobs, rdave

All of what you say is “not good” that’s clear. But in my view none of what you suggest is long lasting other than supreme judge appts and other judicial appts which aren’t elected. Another guy comes in and zaps that exec order with a signature. Besides huge difference between exec order and law of the land - even the trumpy Supreme Court have struck down some of trump’s more egregious orders.

I’m sorry. But anyone who thinks that 4 years of Biden leads to a better long term future for US, compared to the (admittedly hopefully) violent reaction against 4 more years of trump, has said nothing to convince me.

Snr republicans, the strategists and the intellectuals, (they do exist) want Biden to win (as long as trump gets his nominee into the court). Long term power is what counts and a bernie-successor reaction to 8 years of trump interrupts that, risks radical things like increasing the size of the court. 4 more years of this toxic clown galvanises the left, and would even encourage the likes of crayon and monkey and Davy to vote for someone more progressive in dem primaries.

Of course this could all be bollocks and they’ll just try again with the latest clinton/Kerry/gore/clinton/obama/biden fuckalikes
  • You assume there will still be a functioning democracy after 8 years of Trump. I'm not convinced there will be.

Remember how things work in Russia? That's what Trump and the GoP are aiming for. Winning! At all costs.
  • hunk wrote:
    You assume there will still be a functioning democracy after 8 years of Trump. I'm not convinced there will be.

I would be on this side.

Looking at trump last night summed up everything that I think is damaging about him. It's not his policies, as said these can be rolled back. It's what he creates as a society. He made a farce of a politic debate and the way he act will become the template for all GoP. We have seen it already.

But the worse bit was he failure to ask the proud boys to stand down and the resulting response from the proud boys. They feel they are being officially endorsed by the highest position in the country.
    SFV - reddave360
  • djchump wrote:
    Because they are.

Yep. As vanilla and unimpressive as Biden is, he is nowhere near that.

Speaking of, I'm listening to soundbites on Irish radio at the moment and without the visual of him, Biden does come across a lot better. But visually he looks frail.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!