Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • I’ve just been given this link by Popbitch of all places.  A brief story from a local Florida new group and what they dug up on third party nominees in a few seats throughout the state. https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/11/11/evidence-suggests-several-state-senate-candidates-were-plants-funded-by-dark-money/
    Now that's very interesting.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow wrote:
    Jesus Christ.
    Speaking of the Pope has congratulated Biden.
    So thats that, cant argue with the Pope he has a hat, staff and fancy car.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So no voter fraud has been found in Arizona, so I believe even if they found something in Pennsylvania, it wouldn’t matter. So please fuck Trump.
  • Have you seen some of the claims?

In one, I forget which state, a Rep official was apparently told by another Rep official that they think they overheard Dems saying it is possible to change the vote recieved date on the counting machine.

That is it. It was dismissed as "hearsay upon hearsay".
  • This is a bit dry compared to some of his videos but mainly because the claims are so repetitive and inane.

• This is also a bit dry, but it's a nevertheless fascinating analysis of Trump's shady tax affairs, his failing businesses, and the frankly incredible amount of money he owes in loans due to be paid back within the next four years, which perhaps sheds some light on why he'd like to be tied up with a 2nd term as president for that period, when any sane man in his position would be probably be happier to walk away...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Trump knows he’s lost.
    This drive for money to fight the election is him filling his coffers with idiots money to pay off other debts. Single donations under 8k go to a fund with less oversight and can be spent on ‘other’ things.

He’ll drag this out a bit longer then he’ll leave but all the while he will mutter about a fix , his base will Lau it up, in his own eyes he will have saved face and fuel his own persecution complex. Then he’ll get another job on TV or start his own conservative media network.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The ask for donations has in the small print a disclaimer saying that something like 50% of the donation will be used to pay off the Trump election fund debts. Gifting all the way to the end.

If you're interested in Trump's businesses affairs Trump Inc is an excellent podcast series.
  • Trump News Network coming soon to a screen near you!
    Plus, the newest Q-anon theories. How the election was stolen and why!
    Don't miss out....
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Trump News Network coming soon to a screen near you!
    Plus, the newest Q-anon theories. How the election was stolen and why!
    Don't miss out....

If it's owt like his other businesses it'll be bankrupt in a year.
  • Doesn't matter, even a bankrupcy fuels Trumps ego exponentially. It'll be Trump University all over again.

'Hehe, dumb idiots giving away their money to me. I'm so clever, it's because of my hi iq.'
  • That's not how narcissism usually works if your entire image is based around maintaining the lie that you are a competent businessman.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Whatever strokes the image of self to feed the narcissist. They can never see themselves as a faillure as doing so would destroy their fragile ego. It's one of the main reasons why they bend and manipulate the truth. Coping failed.
  • It is hopeful thinking on my part but the way I see it is that Trump got in off the back of cult of personality. A celeb with a story and a big enough gob to shout it.

It is fickle and it will be gone as quick as it came.
  • What the actual fuck did Trump ask the military to do for him yesterday? Something triggered one hell of a public statement from the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

“… We do not take an oath to a king or a queen, a tyrant or a dictator. We do not take an oath to an individual …”

Followed up by “… There's no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election. Zero. There is no role there.”
  • Read on Reddit: The fact trump can’t fire the generals and replace them is probably the only thing standing in the way of him actually staging a fucking coup.

If that’s true thank god there’s that!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I wonder if bookies are setting odds on his lasting until January.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • No, because the next presidential term doesn't start until Jan 20th.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are contingencies for removing a President from Office. There's is also a chance of him walking out.
  • Trump still scheming on that coup eh?
  • This is Trump, a narcissist who thinks failure is for the weak, he isn't walking out of office anytime unless it get's to Jan 19th and he resigns so that Pompeo can step in and give him a presidential pardon if he's worried he's going to get done for any federal crimes he may have committed, however they don't apply to state level laws that might have been broken. 

He also can't be removed from office unless he does something really stupid, doing press reports spouting nonsense about voter fraud isn't one of them unfortunately. Even if they could, the impeachment process is not instant and I think would probably take longer than he has left in office to conclude, not factoring in the last time he was impeached the senate acquitted him.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The 25th ammendment could be invoked. Its unlikely but...
  • The 25th amendment deals with how the president can discharge his duties to the vice president if he is unable to carry them out. I don't think there's anything in there that people can use to declare Trump unfit to rule, they would have to prove that he wasn't able to discharge his duties and then they would need him to refuse to voluntarily sign over his powers to the vice president, before they could force the vice president into the presidancy by getting a majority vote passed from congress.

I think there has been some misinformation about what the 25th amendment is for or what it can do tbh. I saw it come up on the TL but if you read the summary for it on wikipedia or somewhere, there isn't anything in there that can force trump out unless he is deemed unable to discharge his duties AND refuses to voluntarily sign over his duties to the VP.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah. I was thinking more him just flipping his lid and resigning putting Pence in.

There's his narcissm of course but in the face of reality he may just go off the grid and if certain housekeeping tasks need to be done and he won't do them then an intervention of some kind may be required. A precedent may have to be set.
  • It's all ego. When he feels hes made enough fuss and he 'thinks' enough people believe it he'll walk, grumbling the whole time.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hopefully this will get through to Donny.

zyskBPo.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I’m gonna make the effort to quote all of this by copy/pasting and bringing in the images, because I think it’s very good. A designer examining the checkout process from the Trump campaign’s current donation-soliciting emails. It’s a fantastic example of customer manipulation (and pretty much pure evil).

So, this is from a Twitter thread, which is why it’s structured in short bites.

Hmmm. It’s a hard to read wall of images/text, so I’m putting each image in spoiler tags so as not to mess up the flow. Open ’em up one by one and you’ll get the gist. 
    Having spent two years building fundraising tools, I can safely say this is the most audacious checkout flow I've ever seen.
    Spoiler:

All donations are matched...1000%??? It's never said by whom, and is almost certainly pure deception.
    Spoiler:

These "teams," "clubs," and "circles" are more gamified garbage meant to imply more prestige for more $$$
    Spoiler:

These default-on checkboxes subscribe you to WEEKLY recurring donations PLUS a one time 2x donation this Sunday.

The bold text obfuscates this and ensures most people will miss it.
    Spoiler:

You're then asked THREE separate times to double your donation, each time with a different psychological trick. First, scarcity ("You've been selected!"). Second, authority ("Trump is calling on you"). Third, prestige ("Join the top 1%")
    Spoiler:

We're not even close to done. Next, you're asked to cover the processing fees. Of course you're not told how much this is, but you are pressured with a meaningless countdown.
    Spoiler:

Next, it's your chance to become a VIP ...by setting up another recurring WEEKLY donation. Since I already selected the first checkbox, I can only assume this adds a second recurring charge. Bold.
    Spoiler:

Also, download the app. If you hesitate for more than ~10 seconds there's a big red stop sign.
    Spoiler:

Now the grand finale. Eventually you land on a page full of random image memes, with dollar buttons below. If you click any one these buttons, it INSTANTLY donates that amount with no confirmation. I accidentally lost $10 this way.
    Spoiler:

These are next-level dark patterns and the designers should be delicensed.

I mean, dunno what he’s on about at the end there because there’s no such thing as a ‘designer’s license’ … but still. It’s a good takedown.
  • Trump can't stage a military coup anyway, the military are not able to deployed on US soil to enforce domestic policy. 

Trump would have to use the national guard to do it, and even then, what's he going to do? Hold up in the white house and refuse to leave?

At the moment, he is protesting the result of the election so he can keep sending out his little fundraising emails to dupe his supporters into donating to fund the legal challenges, but 50% of the donations is actually going to pay off his re-relection campaign debts or going into his pocket or whatever he does with it. 

He can't mount any kind of legal challenge, because it's one thing to get an affidavit from people saying they have witnessed tampering with the ballots, but once his lawyers go before the judge they are under oath and they can't lie unless they want to end their career, so they sit in front of the judge, present that all they really have is hearsay, the case then immediatly gets thrown out for lack of evidence. 

Trump will exclude Biden from the handover process as much as possible until Jan 20th, but unless he or the republicans dream up some galaxy brain ruse to keep him in, he's lost the vote, he's lost the electoral colleges he's gone on January 20th 2021. He will complain up to the day, he will act like a little bitch during the handover, and he will keep protesting the whole time that the election was rigged so that he can grift to his supporters after leaving office to make some money (unless he goes to jail for his various state level crimes a federal pardon wouldnt save him from).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    We have always taken the process of handing over power post election for granted in the UK. The whole to-ing an fro-ing between No.10 and the Palace (whether you are opposed to royalty or not) really is a cornerstone of democracy.

The US have their processes too though I can't pretend to be aware of them. But there is a meeting of the collegiate who cast their votes next month and I suspect there's an air of ceremony about it.

On this occasion it may be worth grabbing the popcorn. Unless there is someone close to Trump to talk him down. Think I read his daughter may be able to do that?
  • Wait I can buy a red elephant for $4?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!